Big E Trading

Hi Johnnykanoo
Thanks for sharing the excellent method,I am new to babypips,I am learning from the babypips school at the moment,I am trying your method on demo it’s look very good method, but I am having some problem with the SL.

hey guys just wanted to remind you to vote for system of the month for June. I think we have a real shot at winning. Here’s the link

Best Forex Trading System of the Month: June | Forex Blog: Espipionage

btw sharebazar I would use the last swing low or swing high + a few pips as my stop.

Hello folks. I’m glad to find Big E’s Trading Made Simple system here. This is my first post on babypips. The thread over at FF is getting too crowded. I’ll be checking in on this thread!

welcome to babypips.

BP’s pictures just don’t show up well on my compter so do you look for the setup on the D and only use that TF or do you drop down for confirmation, etc? I’m not quite there yet but your style looks fine with me. Are you waiting for the D to change to the next day? Just how do you set up the trade? sorry for the questions but I would like to start using larger lots sizes with fewer TP pips. d.

Don’t apologize for questions. That’s what forums are for!
As for the Daily, I look at the 4H to see what’s feeding into the daily. I found a flaw in my technique,tough, and have made some changes. I had 2 large stop losses hit 2 trades in a row, and it really shook my confidence. I was trying to swing trade, and it made a monkey out of me.
I thought catching trades coming up from the bottom or dropping from the top of the TDI was a good technique, and it can be, but it’s not as dependable as waiting for the green to cross the 50.

I’ve got a lot more to post, but I keep getting an error message. Is there a word limit?

“Is there a word limit?” Probably not, this forum is still a little buggy and the picture capture just plain stinks. Some of the pics are so blurry and unlike FF you can’t enlarge or magnify words. Thanks for the response and I too am still tweaking but I like the concept very much. We just have to make it work for us. Is there still a Hamilton Watch factory there? d.

I read an observation on some thread somewhere (how’s that for ascribing authenticity?) by a trader who uses stochs a lot. He said to add a 45 & 55 level and if the stochs go through, say from high to low, then a good trend is in place. So if I started a sell and stochs were around the 80-75 level, stoch lines approached and then goes throught 55-45, maybe I should move my TP down some more as a good trend is indicated. Not sure how accurate this is but maybe bears watching and trying. Good trading all, d.

The watch factory is now “Clock Tower Apartments”.
I’ve removed the stoch and added the williams %R, as per oakman’s suggestion. I really like it so far.

Hello all, I am a new trader and do not always understand all the shorthand lingo. I am not sure I understand all the rules of this system but I like what I do get very much. Could someone clearly state the rules for me while explaining the lingo. I am working hard to learn so please be patient with me. Also, I tried another system I found on this site on my demo and last trade I picked up 100 pips and the trade before that one, 470. If anyone is interested it is called the simple breakout system. Thanks for your help.

edit i got this on page 4. thanks anyway

Johnny what is a false cross? and I do not understand about waiting for a candle to close before entering a trade. can you please elaborate? Thanks

Most traders have itchy trigger fingers, cause if you ain’t in a trade you ain’t in the market and aren’t makinging money. The way I look at is you are actually holding onto your money longer then. :slight_smile:

Sometimes the candle will start to burst up (in the case of a buy), pass through the EMA, and it will start to hook up a little showing a change in direction. Both indicators TDI and Stoch show a positive cross and swing up from hopefully a low over sold level which is starting to indicate all systems go, fire, fire, fire…only to find that before the candle closes it dives back below the EMA followed by a the indicators flipping down and cancelling the signal…dang it. I’m already in now…maybe I’ll just wait and see what happens…down…down…down…down…should have closed it when the signals said no go. The safest thing to do which costs you some pips, but gives you a safer bet, is to wait for a candle to completely close above the EMA, (I call it a real jail break) along with the indicators saying go, then I pull the trigger and immediately place my stops and targets. If I’m going to be at the computer for a while, I may only place my stop and move it along to see what kind of profits I can squeeze if I see a sharp angle up in the EMA indicating a stronger move. One more element I add that I don’t know if anyone else uses, is that I also have a 100day and 50day EMA on the chart. I filter my trades with this. When 50EMA>100EMA I only take the buy trades when all of the BigE system indicators says buy. Usually means I am buying on a pullback of an established trend which are good bets. If I take a sell in an upward moving market, I strongly respect the EMAs on the chart as support turning points and will use a very tight stops because trends in motion tend to stay in motion, especially with currencies. They will bounce in a range a lot but once they move they tend to go for a while. Anyway long story short, be patient to pull the trigger, there are always trades to find everyday, don’t make one before you really know the odds are in your favor. Your money will last a lot longer.

HEy, Ejohnston5, Thanks for your great explanation. Might you know this one ? When the channel is talked about where something goes in the channel, what does this mean? sorry for all the questions. Also is there a converse action taken when the 100EMA is > the 50EMA. Thanks

Hey Amishbuggyfx, glad you like the wm%. I want to give a warning though, I had a trade turn south on me the other day using it. I failed to look at the higher time frames like the 4hr AND 1 hr. They were coming down from the top and indicated a possible sell when the 15m time frame put out a clear buy signal. The overall trend was bullish but it did pull back enough to stop me out. The higher time frames gave a warning. So you want to check the 4hr and 1hr charts before entering on the 15m chart.

I have a 50SMA on every TF, just gives a fast reference when scanning upper & lower TFs before entering a trade. I am using the 1H and like amish just going for 10 pips but since I’m old and retired I can stick around to watch a trade. I am therefore going to set a 20 pip TP but also set a sound alert for 10. If the entry is going strong and hits the 10 I can then decide if I want to adjust the TP or SL. If it takes a while to get to the 10 pip sound alert I just might close it and look elsewhere. Good to see some participation here, thanks all for the good suggestions and comments. Thanks also for JK for starting BigE’s strategy here on BP. d

hi all, am new to the forum. been reading through the past threads.
i’m using saxo as the trading platform and i cant seem to get the traders dynamic index up.

do i have to download the metatrader 4 before i can use the files that was uploaded my johnny in the earlier posts? thanks all.

yes. there are base on mt4. they might work with mt5 as well, but i cannot guarantee that.

is there any demo platforms you might recommend that i could load those mt4 files?

hotforex, FXPro, FXOpen,…

There are review pages for brokers as well. you might check them. (there is one at babypips too).