Big E Trading

Today’s results…ugh…

The shorter time frames knocked me around this morning.
G/U 1H short -9.5
G/U 30M long -5.6 ( I thought I’d be slick and catch a reversal on a lower timeframe, no such luck)
E/U 30M long +1.3
U/CHF Daily short +7.7 ( I finally came to my senses and found something on one of my preferred timeframes. The only reason I jumped out, instead of adjusting the SL, was that CHF had news coming out at 1pm, and I didn’t want an open position during a news release.
I will get back in the saddle at 3:30 am EST.
Good luck everyone! ( the harder we work at this and study, the luckier we get )

Just a quick note before I leave for work…

Made a quick 10.8 on eur/usd short daily chart. I had significant levereage per pip, so I hit my goal for today.
I’m up so far for the week. This system (plus personal discipline) is great!

JK, thanks for bringing this over. Not sure how I missed it on the FF thread. Have it set up now and will give it a go. Looks pretty simple and straight forward. -ej

Thanks for the thoughts, Johnny and others. It’s a real pleasure to have helpful people guide us newbies a bit.

I have been poking around the FF thread too. Lots of sprited discussion there.

i JUST FOUND OUT THIS FORUM AND SIGNED UP YESTERDAY. IT IS THE MOST INFORMATIVE SITE THAT I HAVE VER FOUND AND THERE IS A HUGE OF THREADS THAT I WOULD LIKE TO EXPLORE. FOR SURE I WILL SPEND SOME MORE TIME IN THIS WEEKEND TO CATCH UP AS MANY AS POSSIBLE. ANYWAY, THANKS FOR ALL OF YOU TO SHARE THOSE KIND OF GOOD THINGS.

FOR SURE, I WILL TAKE A LOOK OF THIS INDICATOR.

I started trading this system June 1. I opened a $3000 demo account and have been trading risking no more than 5% on each trade, 1:1 risk/reward ratio. My account has increased by $2341.46, that is 78% growth on the account. I have linked zulutrade to that account so every trade I win or lose is posted online. You can all see the proof for yourselves here: www . zulutrade. com/TradeHistoryIndividual.aspx?pid=54769.

Feel free to ask any questions you want. This system rocks!

cristol86: the name of the provider is called Synergy Trader, is that right? are you saying you are using the Big E trading incdicators? How does the zulutrade work? There are a lot of signal providers!

Yes I am Synergy Trader. And I am only using BigE indicators.For zulutrade you sign up for an account and attach your demo or live trading account. You then choose to follow a signal provider you like and every trade they make will be made on your account. Or you can become a signal provider and every trade you make will be monitored and posted on zulutrade. If people like your performance they will follow you.

How about using the williams % indicator set at 14 with lines set at -80.-50.-20. May weed out some of the bad trades? When all other indicators of the Big E line up then wait for the williams line to cross above the -50 line for long trades and below -50 line for short trades. Wait for your candle to close though. I only did a little backtesting on that but it did appear to be a possiblity. Thoughts?

Hi cristol86, have you done the backtest? Are you using the defalut same parameters as the johnykanoo has?

I trade only the H4 chart at the times BigE specifies 12am, 4am and 8am eastern time. I use the default settings of the tdi, synergyAPB HA candles and 5 ema shifted 3.

I entered four 4H trades at 08:00 eastern using only BigE’s setup - 4 winners which I have closed out and probably had more pips to gain but I’m out the door for a dr appt. Why mess with a good thing? d.

Just trying to make something good even better as Johnnykanoo suggested when he opened this thread. I made my first trade using this strategy last night but used the 5m timeframe and used the wm% and I made 32 pips. Maybe the wm% helps this work on the lower timeframes. Just trying to help.

What is your rule to use the Williams % indicator?

It may cause you to be late to the party when using the wm% on the 1hr and 4hr but may work on the smaller time frames better. Basically you wait for all of the Big E trading qualifications to trigger. If the Big E system signals a buy then you wait for the wm% line to cross up over the -50 line from below(at the close of a candle). Then you would buy. Do the opposite for a sell. Wm% should be set at 14. This may be a way for those of you who like smaller time frames to trade this system.

Here is some explanation beside the BigE strategie how i’m useing different methods to make my entries. My charts are GMT+2.

Entering on a 4h signal buy (Chart1+Chart2 on 1h):
Since the trend is bearish I need some more then only Big E to enter long on EU. So, there was two other things to confirm the long trade. 1) Bullish divergence on 4h and 1h chart 2) support on raising trend line. So after the buy signal at 1.4195 the pair made 95 pips. For those brave souls out there there was also a 1h buy signal but not as clear as the 4h at 8:00 AM for almost 60 pips more profit.

Late enter on 4h signal timed on 15m chart (Chart3):
Almost everytime we have a second chance … we just need to spot it. Considering the 4h buy signal the price went some 40 pips up to fall then some 70 pips down and up again 90 pips. The 70 pips south move was just a retracement which stoped at the 50% fibo from friday low to today hight.

I just want to explain how I use the Big E strategie in combination with other technical analysis. Maybe I helped someone.

Ah, the target is 1.4330. From there on sustained break we are going more north but if the falling trendline holds … there is a possible big south move.

I was gone for 5 days (I enjoyed the break) and had a ton of things to do plus visit the doctor so I just looked at the 07:00 CDT 4H charts. Saw some really great setups using only BigE’s strategy. Sell $/cad @.98932, out @ .98705: +22.7 p. Buy gbp/$ @ 1.59690, out @ 1.60180: +49.0p. Buy E/$ @ 1.42080, out @ 1.42735, +65.5p. Buy E/gbp @ .88964, out @ .89275, +31.1p. Of course no session is complete without a loser - buy A/$ @ 1.04402, SL @1.04100, <30.2> Net pips - 138.1 I checked these trades around 10:30 and closed them, I was in profit, had around 45 minutes of total screen time invested, and had a nice run. I haven’t even looked to see if I left profits on the table or if some of the winners turned into losers, doesn’t matter; it was a good morning. dobro

2/28 edit: The A/$ trade was with another strategy! That will teach me to stray from the path.

On the 4H TF I sold the E/$ @ 1.42728, 07:00 edt. I sold the E/gbp @.8939 but reduced the lot size as it is against the trend. The gbp/$ had a nice cross but too near support so I passed. Good trading all, d.

Thanks dobro. Here is a pic of a nice set up this morning on the 15m chart on the E/$. Would have yielded over 100pips. Too bad I was sleeping.

Thanks to Trichet both got stopped out. Erased Monday’s gains. BigE said that his preferred TF is the 1H and that was mostly what he tested and then trades so maybe the 4H lets in too many news events that can change the trend, at least for that time period. I didn’t see anything at 10:00 cdt so done for the day. I hope you all had better success today, d.