Big E Trading

took a little short on eu. tdi is just above 50 which is less than ideal but everything else is decent. I think there will be a consolidation between now and FOMC meeting so I will probably take early profit but I am ideally targeting the 4170ish area

Firstly, awesome system and would like to thank everyone for their contributions.

Secondly, I am tossing up whether or not to trade this system over 1 time frame or 4. At the moment Iā€™m leading towards 1 because I can then monitor whilst Iā€™m in front of the computer from the start of the NY session to say 2 hours into the London session. Just wondering how people manage the 4 hour time frame. Do you simply set your stop losses and targets and forget? For me if I was doing it I think Iā€™d have to do that as I need sleep! (Living in Australia).

JK - I got +64 pips this morning on the 1H, E/$. My swissy ainā€™t doing so well but itā€™s on the 4H so I will wait it out for a while.

My $/chf trade finally struggled into positive territory (barely) so I closed it. +7 pips and it may have taken off but I was done for the morning.

My EUR/USD hit s/l I knew better than to trade into the FOMC meeting.

Itā€™s been a while since weā€™ve discussed stop losses and profit targets on this threadā€¦ where are you guys finding these levels work best? This is what Iā€™ve found, but Iā€™ve only been at it for a couple weeks:
1HR time frame (if bullish)- set SL just below swing low. Set TP equidistant at 1:1 r/r
4HR time frame (if bullish)- set SL just below previous candle if entering on reversal candle #2. Set TP equidistant at 1:1 r/r. Sometimes my SL gets hit here, but if I had chosen to set the SL below swing low, the equidistant TP seems too far, or maybe itā€™s that Iā€™m too impatient to wait that long.
By the way, I usually find that I close early when using the 4HR time frame, again, because Iā€™m impatient.
Also, I only take trades if the previous candle closes above the 5ema(shift 2).
Thoughts?

I guess thatā€™s where we make this strategy our own. I have replaced Barryā€™s S/R with fratals. Same thing but a cleaner chart and I use them as a guide. I only use the 5ema as confirmagtion on 15M or lower TFs.

Hello Johnnkanoo, I just want to thank you for this great system! I follow it since first week of August, I only trade 3 pairs EUR/USD, GBP/USD and AUD/USD and I was able to grap 1440 pips. I never experienced a successful trading like this.
Thanks again
WoRis

Hi,

Amazing results woris, which timeframe are you using ? Anyone trade on daily chart ?
Thanks

Hi Quincy, I use 1H for my trading and 4H for the confirmation

I do just the opposite - trade the 4H & use the 1H for conf. Making it our own is the key. d.

Hello,

Donā€™t you have to check the daily chart to confirm your 4H signal ?

Woris, can you tell us more : do you take in count the 50 level of RSI and the market price (yellow line) ? Do you use any other indicator in addition to the tdi ?

thanksā€¦

I donā€™t check higher TFs, only lower ones. I shorted the $/Y 1H because it agreed with the 15M which was already 3 candles into the trend. A nice trade but it was a close TP - I generally use the closest fractals for SL & TP. I donā€™t use the yellow line (blocked out) or RSI, just the TDI & Stochs. Working very well for me when I trade good angles. The E/$ was good too but I donā€™t have my brokerā€™s platform on this laptop so I canā€™t give exact entries and exits. Sorry & maybe later when I am at the desktop I can edit this post with specifics.p.s. - I hate this laptop! d

Hi Quincy, I only use the setup explained by JK in the beginnig, noting else. I enter a trade only if stochastic is ovebought or oversold and if possible direkt after the first or second red or blue candle. I use small targets (mostly only 30 pips) but when I enter a trade I set also buystop/sellstop orders in line to follow the trend and take as much as possible out of it. Thats all.

Hi there people!
Iā€™ll join the thread as I found the system easy and interesting. Got a nice start with it and will continue to test throughout
whole next week. Will post some stats at the end for all to see! :slight_smile: Have a nice weekend guys!

So, how are you guys doing so far this week? This is my first entry for the week on AUD/USD 4H. All the criteria are in place and everything looks good! Iā€™ll keep you updated!

Iā€™m a newbie to the BigE system. Iā€™ve been reading some of this thread, but I mostly follow the ICT system. Iā€™m still curious about this system though. How often would you say you have trade setups during the New York Open period? I ask because that is the most convenient, and practically only, time I can trade regularly. Thanks!

I only trade the NY session which ā€œopensā€ at 07:00 cdt (8 am NY time). The open coincides with MB Tradingā€™s 4H TF; I look at 7 prs and if nothing on the 4H I then check out the 1H. I like this strategy very much and it is the only one I am trading.

Thanks for responding!
Which currencies do you follow?

Also, how do you decide where to put your stop losses?

Hi, this is some system. I have installed your templates over the 8 main time frames and finally dipped my toe in this morning when all pointed to go on the usd/chf. I got 30 pips, then I next went in on the gbp/usd and got another 30 pips. I could of got more, but I could say that every trade.
I really, really want to thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have been trading badly now for 4 years, I think itā€™s time I changed that statistic!!!
Hereā€™s to many pips. Wes.

The prs - E/$, $/Y, gbp/$, A/$, E/gbp (be extra careful with this one), $/chf, & $/cad. I use 1xATR or a fractal for SL, depends how the chart looks. I have gotten in the habit of zooming out (minus magnification) 2 clicks to see how the pr looks but without seeing actual candle formations. That plus a 60sma shows the trend. I then zoom back in 2 clicks and place the trade - maybe!