Big E Trading

Today’s up move on the fiber was mostly done by the time I got to my charts at 7 AM EST, getting up at 2AM to catch the London Open is just too ridiculous for me. However, at around 8 on the 4 hour I got a long signal using this system (since there were no ICT long signals during that time) and took it. I only shot for about 20 pips, seeing as we had already fulfilled the ADR, but I got them. It was nice to win on my first trade, and it broke my losing streak. I’ll definitely keep trying this system, though I saw a short form at the 9 AM candle on the 1 hour that would have yielded more pips, so I can see why BigE uses the 1hour for the New York Open.

Hi great thread, I can’t get the TDI indicator in to my indicator list. I am new to mt4. Just opened a demo to try this method.
Thanks.

I don’t like to steer readers of this thread over to FF & “Trading Made Simple by eelfranz” but in my opinion there are two very important posts that recently appeared. Must reads. 1st is Post #10349, pg 690 by Phx62, an excellent reminder that this is Trading Made Simple. And 2nd, Post #10357, pg 691 by dcginc. He or she has made many important observations but this one is great. d

After reading Phx62’s excellent post at FF (# 10349 on page 690) I took a closer look at what time the high or low normally occurs. I colored my charts from Lond open with an overlap in to US open, and found that most days the high or low of day happens 1-2 hours after the overlapping period. This is really good information from Phx62, and worth taking a closer look at.

This strategy may well pander to my stupid need to occasionly scalp. I didn’t see any good setups on the 1H or 4H TFs this am and since I had to leave at mid-morning I “scalped” the 15M. At 08:09 cdt I bought the $/cad; got 18 pips. I could have garnered another 10-15 pips if I could have stayed around but I’ll take the +18 any day. At 08:10 I sold the A/$ but it starting hooking shortly thereafter so I only got +1. Kind of fun but the 1h & 4H should be the main TFs to trade. d

set up on eur/jpy h1

enter on close of bar at 00:00 GMT (20 mins)

tight s/l below recent low and pivot at ~110.15

let me know what you guys think

I will pass on that trade. I dont like to trade this late, and the triggerbar is (at least on my chart) a inside low volume bar. Maybe I will miss a good move, but no trade here for me. Good luck :slight_smile:

The trade was good. Woke up this morning to +60 pips. 110.35 buy, sell at 110.95.

Tight S/L allowed me to increase the lot size, so it was a very profitable trade.

Will upload pic soon

hi, i have been reading this thread with great interest. i have just started demo trading and i have 2 questions.

1. how many pairs do you guys watch and what are the pairs.
  2. once the lines in TDI cross each other, do u buy/sell on the next hour or on the current candle.
  3. when is a good time to switch ur stop loss to BE?

I have a sell stop at 1.44360 on the E/$. If it doesn’t trigger in an hour or so I will cancel as this pr is a little uncertain for the past few days. Come 9am cdt I will scan the prs again and if nothing looks promising I will close up shop for the day. As was pointed out over on FF if you make just 2 trades a week, get +2% on each trade, that is 16% a month. I don’t have to trade often, just smarter.

edit: my sell stop was triggered and it closed at +47 pips, the exact ATR number. I actually entered on the 3’d candle but it was the 2nd candle after the cross. The 1st was a very tiny pin bar but the TDI had not really crossed, just touched. Not 2% but I’m happy. d

If I follow the rules this stratgy WORKS! I had 2 trades on the 15, 1 on the 30M, and 1 on the 1H for a total of 66 pips. A very good morning for me as it beats the crap out of yesterday’s +19. Hope you all are doing well too but
FOLLOW THE RULES. d

HI Guys - been following this thread for a while now and just wondered if anyone knows if there is a version of this tdi indicator not meant for MT4 as i dont use mt4!!

Thanks

What kind of platform do you use? I have programmed it for NinjaTrader

I think its java based - its an fxcm platform but IT was never my strong point!!Does that help??

Thanks for your speedy reply

Sorry, can’t help you there.

I got +28 on the E/gbp at 07:04, 4H TF. Nice easy trade and as the lower TFs starting going down I got out. BUT I lost -20 on the gbp/$ 2 hrs later on the 15M TF. My mistake was not monitoring this shorter TF. I did set TP & SL but if I had caught the tdi hooking or going flat I might have around BE. The 15M trade should be watched closely, the 4H allows me to have some toast and coffee. d.

edit: I got a little back with the $/Y on the 1H. +16 for the morning and I’m calling it a day. good luck all

Hi CunningStunt

I attached the TDI indicator (TradersDynamicIndex.txt) and a TDI indicator analyzer (AnalyzeTradersDynamicIndex.txt) that can be used with the Marketscope Charts from FXCM’s Trading Station platform (windows-based platform).

The steps to load the indicator to Marketscope are:

1. Save the attached file as “.lua” file.
  2. From Marketscope, select Add Indicator.
  3. From the Add Indicator window, select, “Manage”.
  4. Select, “Load” and load the .lua file.
  5. Scroll to the bottom of the Add Indicator window and located the indicator under “Other”.
  6. Select the indicator and load.

Please let me know if this helps or if you have questions!

• Jason

hi Chinoc,

I will take the Ninjatrader, if you have already programmed it and would not mind sharing. Thanks.

[QUOTE=melindian;276271]hi Chinoc,

I will take the Ninjatrader, if you have already programmed it and would not mind sharing. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Here you go.
For install to NinjaTrader:
Save the Zip file to your desktop
From NT ControlCenter, click File -> Utilities -> Import NinjaScript

Regards
Chinoc

This looks awesome. Thanks a lot. Cheers.