Big E Trading

johnny,what is that yellow vertical line on your chart in post #4 ?

I guess you figured out how to install the indis and stuff?

The yellow line was just to show a vaild trade entry. It is a line study from mt4 (the vertical line)

btw keep hanging out on this thread there will be plenty of pips for you :smiley:

Thanks for sharing this system. Iā€™ll start demo trading it tomorrow. Iā€™m quite excited about this.

oh, i see.I was kinda secretly hoping that the line was an indi that would show up every time certain conditions for a new entry would emerge, so i could instantly jump in. Thank you for answering.

Johnny
Making some nice pips today on the eurusd chart around 100 thus far,will exit when my stoch tells me.
Can i post a file share link where you can download this indi Johnny?
Regards

1 Like

marc if you create a new folder. Than you can put the indicator in the folder than right click it and ā€œsend toā€ compressed zip file. Than you can add it to a post as an attachment.

Here is a quick trade I took today. God I am hung over. My sonā€™s first birthday last night ended in lots of shots and margaritas :smiley: Anyway here is a couple of charts all showing EJ I got in a little late and almost didnā€™t take it.

hereā€™s the entry

Here I took half profit

Here TDI indicated time to get out because it hooked over. I only got +8 for this half but I got +25 when I closed half earlier.

**edit by the time I saved this chart as a picture the tdi had started to turn around but I did exit when it first hooked. Makes me wonder if my exit should be at the end of a candle and not in the middle??

I had a buy for the Eur/Gbp this a.m. on the 1H TF but I made a BIG mistake not letting my entry candle at 07:00 cst close as at first it was showing the reversal color but in the last 20 min. went back to the continuation color. I was in negative territory until the 09:00 candle which finally confirmed a reversal and I closed out with +5 pips. Now watch it go on a run! Very important to follow the rules and rules #1 & #2 are biggies - let the reversal candle close & make sure the green TDI crosses the red. Good trading all, d.

People keep talking about using a 5ema but when I look at the template file it seems to be using a 5sma, am I mistaken or are people misspeaking?

Hey Guys,

Would it be possible to create a post that is a summary of all the indicators and rules used in this method. Seems to be a few ideas going around which is great but if we could bring these together into the most effective method that would be great.

Cheers and happy trading,
Graham

the rules are simple.

any pair
1h or 4h timeframe
tdi above 50 and green crossing down sell
tdi below 50 and green crossing up buy

confirm with stochs overbought means its a good sell
oversold means its a good buy
price above 5 moving average is bullish (confirmation only)
price below 5 moving average is bearish(confirmation only)

set stop above last swing high or low
donā€™t enter trade if there has been more than 3 candles in the same direction as the tdi cross

exit at nearest resitance/support
exit at 1:1 r:r
exit when price crosses the 5 moving average
or exit when tdi hooks, curves like a question mark or gives opposite signal.

Thatā€™s it. Iā€™m pretty sure I covered it all in the first post or 2.

as far as the 5 moving average. truth is I am not sure. I got the template directly from the creator and I got the info from him/his thread as well so I am not sure. to be honest I donā€™t think it matters that much.

JohnnyK - a very nice recap, thank you. This strategy on the other forum has several recaps posted along the way but you have done it better and shorter. thanks again, d.

1 Like

my pleasure :smiley: Iā€™m glad you trade this method too. I think itā€™s great. Keeping it simple and keeping the pips coming.

I have tradede the 1H TF the last week and a half during the NY session per BigEā€™s preferences. But I would like to get my mornings back especially since summer will eventually get here so I switched to the 4H - 07:00 CDT. Anxious to see how this plays out as I was in positive territory using the 1H but not by a whole lot. About 15 min. ago I went long the E/$ with a 1:1 R/R. Iā€™m also watching the $/Cad but the TDI is just touching and so far hasnā€™t crossed. I really like this strategy but I also plan to test drive the 3 Ducks too.

edit 09:52 - After being in minus pips for 2.5 hrs I closed the E/$ trade and 10 minutes later I would have been +10. I just might not have the patience for trading the 4H. My goal (dream perhaps) was to find a strategy that offered consistently 20-40 pips but treat it as a scalp - 10 pips. I think this is the strat. to do this with but I have to fine tune it for my purposes. An inverse R:R ratio doesnā€™t bother me as much as waiting for the longer TFs to produce +pips. If that makes sense! d.

" you have to wait for a candle close to take a trade so there is no movement after you get the signal which if any of you have ever tried to trade a moving average crossover system or an indicator that repaints than you know how frustrating it is to take a trade only to have the indicator move and now its not a valid signal. Or if you traded one of those systems and they looked so great when you look back over the charts but never seemed to work out when you traded in real time. "

What a big truth!

You are 100% correct and with the 1H I usually waited for the #2 or even #3 (against the rules) candle to confirm a move. Not as practical for the 4H so I look at the 1H for confirmation plus making sure all of the other rules are in place. I may find out why BigE doesnā€™t like the 4H NY session. d.

Hey pandras82 - Iā€™m curious, where did the quote come from? There is probably more interesting reading there and I would like to take a look. I tried to PM you but it isnā€™t allowed for some reason. Thanks, d.

It comes from #4
I started demo test this method but with no success. All tdi crosses I took were false on EUR/USD, EUR/JPY