Big E Trading

it is true that the tdi will continue to move with price so the only true signal will be at the close of the candle.

Dobro I tried the 4h tf but for me it was to slow and I really think the h1 catches moves earlier + with a 10-20 pip target I would think 1h is perfect for that.

I personally live on the east coast USA and I am hellbent on waking up to catch UK/Euro session but it never seems to happen. NY has been ok for me when I can trade and Asia is very predictable. I notice all the best moves are already complete by the time I wake up. Maybe I will have to wake up from 2:00am till 4:00am and trade what I can and go back to sleep. This way when I wake up I can see all the green pips weighing down my account :smiley:

JohnnyK -
I tried the 2a.m wakeup but Iā€™m barely sharp enough to trade with a normal 8 hrs sleep so I just couldnā€™t think clearly. The other way, go to bed around 18:00 or 19:00, just puts this old retired guy out of synch with the rest of the world and Iā€™m not interested in that. I am going back to the 1H also as I think the 15M and the 4H TFs can provide a clearer picture to grab those 10-20 pips. I still need to do some tweaking but i think this is very doable. That other forumā€™s thread for this strat. suffers with BigE battling health problems and not able to be around - too many ideas by too many people in my opinion. Thanks for taking the time to present here. What are your favorite Asian pairs? d.

Greetings JohnnyK,

Two losers today. One on the e/u the other on he dollar swissy. Clear signals and entered just after the us open. Both got stopped out but thats trading. I wish i knew how to post a screen shot. Best Regards,

Im a fan of eurjpy usdjpy is okay and lately I have shown interest in audusd possibly audjpy but I havenā€™t traded that one yet.

I agree about the other thread. Its to convoluted with everyones opinions. I really hope Big E is okay the thread needs him.

I will try again tomorrow to wake up early but at this point I may not get to bed till 2:00am :smiley:

I remember reading early in his thread that BigE ignored the news except NFP & interest rates on the pairs he was trading. I did just that at 07:00 and took two losses, the $/Y & E/Lb. Later the Yen did go the way I wanted but I was out by then. Later I had 2 nice wins at 1:1 r/r on the E/A & E/$. I was even able to take 1/2 profits midway to the eventual TP and move the SLs to BE. A good but trying morning and I wonā€™t be ignoring the news anymore. d

well guys/gals I am short gu atm It is the wrong pair and the wrong time but the signal is nice and I can accept a slow moving trade. The sl is tight. I also used price action in my decision. there was a long wick at a swing high and it looked like rejection at that level so I used it as confirmation. WSFR has a laong in GU so I am hedged but I can win both with a little volatility from euro open. Weā€™ll see anywhay without further ado here is a screenshot.

btw anyone wanting to know how to do a screenshot its super easy. I right click on my chart and save picture as than I go to tinypic.com and have them host it. I change it from default to 15" monitor for size and than I copy the ā€œ[img]ā€ code and paste it into my post.

Thanks for the info on pasting screen shots. Ive had some good signals this week with this system but when i entered they went the other way. Oh well thats trading. Think im going to test the 4hr next week.

Best Regards, and have a Safe Holiday Weekend.

well my gu short got stopped out. It happens. My trade likely failed because I was trading at the wrong time and with a tight stop loss.

Better luck next week.

I got stopped out Fri morning thus violating one of my rules - never trade Fridays! JohnnyK, what do you use as guidelines for SL & TP, usually? I am not always comfortable with BigEā€™s suggestions of previous hi & low. I have ATR(14) just for a guideline but still havenā€™t perfected the TP & SL. Suggestions please. d.

thus far i have been going with swing lo/high for my stop but my tp are based on nearest s/r. It is usually conservative compared to a more aggressive approach which may net more pips. I prefer to bank profit verses risk it. I try for at least 1:1 r:r. I would consider using atr for stops how has that been working for you?

Quote - ā€œI would consider using atr for stops how has that been working for you?ā€

Actually it has been hit & miss using the ATR because sometimes it is too wide and sometime too close. This coming week, a bad one, I think I will use something as you just said but being very conservative. Either here or on the other forum I stated that my dream is to find a strategy & TF that can consistently produce +10 pips, even if PA makes for more positive pips. That way I can load up with the lots and get in and get out. In learning BigEā€™s style I have had more 30 pip losses than 10 pip wins but I firmly believe once I get the basics going and analyze the setups that the +10 can be a reality.

I didnā€™t see anything interesting last night at the start of the Asian session nor did I expect to. I wonā€™t trade this US holiday either so a short week. Better times ahead - letā€™s hope. d.

I just lost my post??? I guess Iā€™ll have to start againā€¦

I just finished watching Jason Stapletonā€™s weekly video and this week he talked about using ATR for stops and targets.

Apparantly he uses ATR(7) and doubles that for his stops.

For those not familiar ATR stands for[B] A[/B]verage [B]T[/B]rue[B] R[/B]ange, the (7) means it takes the average of the last seven candles

It seems reasonable to me. I did notice a couple of my trades would have worked out if my stop wasnā€™t to tight. We need that balance of enough room to breathe and not to much to cause huge losses in our stops. I will likely continue to use s/r for profit targets.

man some give us the rsi mtf and stoch mtf that they talked about

I just entered long the US/Cad & .9698, TP @ 9758 & SL @ 9656 on the 4H TF. Not what BigE does as he only trades the 1H during the NY session but I have too much to do this a.m. to watch a 1H chart. I am a little concerned about Trichetā€™s speech at 08:00 CDT and news at 09:00 but hopefully a 40p SL will hold. Good trading all, d.

edit: I have move the SL to 9640, previous support on 5/20.

I had a sound alert go off at 9730 so I closed half of the order and moved the SL to BE+1.

How do i put an sound alert? do i have to put a 1 into trade-signal-type?

I do it manually by left click the Alert tab, R click on an open area, and then L click Create. Pretty self explanatory once you are in the Create page. I have an old 5 watt book shelf speaker that I have turned up very loud so I can hear anywhere in the house.

5 Watt speaker, i can see, your on the toilet and BOUNGGG!!! Ohh , i have to put an order!!! (lol)!!! But seriously, i don,t know how to do this, i only can changes things in indicators i put in mt4. so i go in mt4 TDI indi and changes ???

No, the Alert Tab is at the bottom of your brokerā€™s chart page, down by ā€œTrades, News, etc.ā€