Big E Trading

Nice Job Casey!
What timeframe did you use?

I entered on the 1 hour, and exited at the end of the hour because 50 pips is my weekly goal and figured I could get a head start on the things I needed to do.

Great system!! Iā€™m using the ā€œtrading made simpleā€ EA, which is losely based on this strategyā€¦plus a few extra modifications. Works like a charm! Iā€™m on Oanda, and generally keep on checking results on my Android phone every 20min or so once the EA enters a position. Canā€™t check detailed charts at work, so I generally just keep an eye on running profit and then manually close trades at my own comfort levelsā€¦although, the EA does a pretty good job at closing trades.

Most of my trading is basedo n 4hr/1day charts, but itā€™s nice to get some extra ā€œactionā€ by using this system :slight_smile:

Hey 4ex Ninja
If you donā€™t mind me asking, where did you get that EA from? Or did you make it yourself? :slight_smile:

Got it of forexfactory. The cool thing about the EA is, thereā€™s a ton of settings you can adapt to your liking. And no, I didnā€™t code it, way to bad at it :wink:

hi 4exNinjaā€¦just wondering how long have you been using the EA? are you using the V16?

Last night at the start of a new day (23:00 cdt) I bought the gbp/$ @ 1.5606 & bought the gbp/jpy @ 119.761. Both are now in nice profit but apparently MBTrading is closed and I canā€™t modify the trades or close them out. I will be checking this out with them but maybe they treat demo differently. I have sent them a check for a live acct and havenā€™t heard about that either!! Frustrating. But as I type I am in nice profit and hope it holds until I can modify or get out. Avoid US holkiday with US broker I guess.

I didnā€™t know v16 was out already, Iā€™m using V15 and modified the settingsā€¦in fact, Iā€™m still modifying them. After every trade, I try to figure out what triggered the buy/sell, what went wrong, and what could be improved.

So for example, Iā€™m playing around a lot with trailing stops, BE settings, 5ema vs Stoch vs TDI, etc. Still havenā€™t found the perfect setup.

Itā€™s taking a LOT of time, and given that my real estate job makes me work 12-14hrs/day, itā€™s slow progress. So far, the EA made more than it loost. Got a bit sidetracked too because Iā€™m working on a position trading strategy after reading that ā€œbuilding an equity millipedeā€ thread, and I also started using Ingotā€™s rainbow strategy mixed with Big-Eā€™s strategy. Those multi-timeframe stochs seem to help a bit in identifying fake breakoutsā€¦

How long have you been using the EA? i went to forex factory to get that EAā€¦can you let me know which post and page?

Hallo again, I hope it doesnā€™t sound boostful when I post again my success with this system, I follow what JK posted originaly without diversions and I made in September 845 pips after I hat a great gain also in August (see my last post). I want to say again thanks for sharing this great system to us, in all the years I trade FX I never traded successful like in this last 3 month since I follow this system.
WoRis

I had resisted applying the slope indicator as I thought I could tell the difference between 2 oā€™clock and 3. But after trying the indi I just donā€™t take nearly the number of trades or have the losing trades as before. I think I was trying to see a 3 oā€™clock or 5 oā€™clock when it really wasnā€™t there. If anyone is struggling I recommend the slope indi on 4H or D TFs.

Iā€™m still eeking out only tiny profits overall, less than 100 pips per month. Do you trade this system full time?

Hello CaseyAR, Iā€™m exclusivly trading this system but Iā€™m not a fulltime trader, even though I have my trading platform running beside me during my office hours, so Iā€™m able to watch the charts every now and then.

Oh I see. I trade this system exclusively as well, but I can only trade two mornings a week.

Read the whole thread and played in a demo with this system. went over to my live account and lost multiple times on 15m and 5m charts. just cannot get this to work on those timeframes. too volitile.

retesting on the 1h charts now but very very cautious. with all the success others are having I figure I must be missing something.

Same here marshalmax,

Iā€™ve been testing it for about 2 days on 1Hr TF and Iā€™m winning at 33% of my trades with 1:1 R/R. About 75% of my losers go positive 5-8 pips before heading in the other directions. I may have to settle for that, but raise my lot size and scalp my way to financial freedom. LOL

Hello Don Macamillion, I think my success with this system is based on minimising risk. I use only the 1H TF to trade and the 4H to confirm. I decreased my lot size as well as my leverage, what allows me to use a wider SL range. My TP is generaly set to 30 PIPs. With that settings I gained around 60% in this year. 20% of that gain I grapped from Aug. until now with this amazing system.

Hi guys i have a 50 and a 68 level on my green and red TDI indicator. Is this correct ?

No, 32 & 68 is correct. The 50 is also used and if the tdi has dropped out of the 68 region then look for a strong trend as it approaches and goes through the 50. The reverse of course for a buy.

Iā€™ve started using the 15M TF and now I see a big difference. My losing trades have been too small of a S/L. I also lowered my lot size as you suggested which helps to keep my emotions in check.

I gained 41 pips today with 5 trades. One loser. I see promise for me and this system. 40+ pips a day would make this one a keeper!