Big E Trading

A pretty good morning although my 8:00 E/$ entry lost 17 pips but I got them back with a 9:00 entry for 41 pips. Short sale both times, got a little premature the 1st time. Also got +6 on selling the G/$ but closed early as I have to get going for appts. I am trading the 1H TF now on 3 prs; E/$, G/$, & $/Y only. All other prs are blocked out. BigE would substitute the yen for the A/$ with what he calls the 3 amigos but I wanted one noncorrelating pr. Hope you all are doing well today, d.

1st post here at Baby Pips. Shows Newbie but been trading FX for more than 10 yrs. I have been following Big Eā€™s thread at FF from the beginning. Like most posted here, good system just follow the rules and donā€™t clutter charts with useless indicators. KISS

I find that 30m and 15m work best for me. Trade 15m or 30m and look at 5m for good entry. Have 1hr chart up for trend. Just my style.

I see many new traders here and I would advise once you feel comfortable with your chosen method and style, open a live micro account and go live. A whole new stress level appears when your trading real $ no matter how small.

I posted this chart to illustrate a possible chart setup (not trade) for those using Trade Station II. Close of trading day Friday no trades indicated.

Regards,
Cigarguy

PS - Tinypics makes chart unclear unlike FF :33:

I donā€™t think it is the softwareā€™s fault; ever since BP revised the picture posting setup we havenā€™t been able to zoom in or out and charts are now fuzzy. Big step backwards in my opinion. Also, I donā€™t see a trade setup on the chart you posted, TDI too flat. And you were probably just posting an example of charts and not trades. d.

Yes, exactly. Just posted for any using FXCM Trade Station II to give an example of a possible setup. No trades indicated. Thank you for calling this to my attention and I made notation on the posted chart.

Regards,
Cigarguy

Thanks for your shared Johnny. I got much more knowledge about the system by you. Thanks again.

I have a Few questions about this strategy that i need to get cleared up.

First does it look like i have the right set up here is a screen shot of my chart set up.

I got the TDI indicator from here ( Traders Dynamic Index (TDI) indicator )

Not real sure what colors are what could someone please take a look at that and fill me in.

the TDI line looks to be the cream color one.

also im a little confused on when to buy or sell on page one he says to

It is a much better signal to sell if the tdi is coming up from under the 50 line and a much better signal if the tdi is coming down from above the 50 line.

but on page 4 he says

tdi above 50 and green crossing down sell
tdi below 50 and green crossing up buy

Not sure what side of the 50 line the TDI i suppose to be on to buy or sell.

So any help would be great thanks.
PGH

I would suggest that you change the creme color line to ā€œNoneā€. Pull up the data window for the TDI (click on the lines) and get rid of it as BigE only uses the red and green. And yes, there was an error in the 1st post. It is better for a sell indication if the TDI is above the 50 and headed down; vice versa for buy. But I have sold when the inid was just under the 50 also but itā€™s more risky. The same for the 1st or 2nd candle closing above the 5ema for a buy; again vice versa but many pay no attention to the 5ema. It is considered a safer trade if the close is above/below but as in life there are no guarantees. good luck. d.

@dobro
what time frame do you use the 4hr or the 1h?

90% of the time I use the 1H & only trade the NY session. Sometimes I drop down to the 15M for a 20pTP & 10p SL for a 1:2 R/R and I don"t hestitate to get out early if price stalls or the TDI starts to flatten, etc. This morning I got +13 pips on the E/$, 15M TF, my only trade today. I only trade 3 prs, the E/$, G/$, & the $/Y. And I probably gave you more info than you wanted!! d

No its ok thanks for the info ill keep it in mind. It helps to know what other traders are doingā€¦

Hi,

Does anyone know of any MT4 broker that has their daily bars based upon ET? I have tried several brokers and all their barsā€™ OHLC seems to be based on GMT. I am trying to trade this system on the daily bars and wanted to make a comparison between GMT bars and ET bars

Best regards.

I know that FinFX closes/opens daily candle at the close of the NY session - 5pm EST. Iā€™ve demo-traded with them for about 2/12 months and I do like them. :slight_smile:

This past week has not been a good one for me. It seems that every signal Iā€™ve traded has ended up being a fake-out :mad: so frustrating. I really want to go live, but every time I plan to, I have a bad couple days and I say something like ā€œAnother week of demoing!ā€

Hi,
Right now i am using Oanda which has introduced an MT platform and itā€™s on ET.

Wow, loving this strategy at the moment!! :smiley: Thanks johnny! :slight_smile:

Today was ok for me. Started off with -13, followed up with +34 on the 4H Aud/Usd.
Looking forward to tomorrow. What am I doing up anyway? Time for bed!

+30 on $/Jpy 1H chart this morning. Good stuff.

Good going guys. I had the opposite results yesterday, just wasnā€™t paying attention. Costly! d.

-20 on GBP/USD 4H. Rats!

I just donā€™t trade the 4H for the time being, pairs too likely to change direction in that amount of time. Ok if you want to closely monitor it but the idea of the 4H is that you donā€™t have to. Yesterday I had 5 trades on the 15M, all successful. Witht the Eur. and US economies the way they are I am sticking to short TFs and small profits. Good trading all, d.

Today was a good day. I had things to do this morning, but at 7EST I entered long into the cable and pulled out 50 pips within the hour. Very happy.