Big E Trading

Hi,
have placed 3 trades, GBP/USD(sell), USD/CHF(buy) and EUR/USD(sell) and placed my stops @ the the previous HH or LL on the H4 chart. with this system, what should i use for my exit strategy?

Update: I did very well with the gbp/usd but the swissy went against me so I closed and went short and got killed again!! All in all I am down a tiny bit, crazy morning. I never enter the E/$. I hope you all did better. d.

@dobro, me too, the swissy wasnā€™t friendly, but the EUR/USD, GBP/USD and USD/ZAR(especially) were brilliant, and i have been testing for only 8 hours!!!

Took 24 from e/u also. Like the system.

Nice work everyone. I closed out my GBP/USD short trade on the 4H with 61 pips.
I was very happy with that! I canā€™t take all the credit, though. I looked at Pipcrawlers blog this morning and saw this trade. I went onto the charts and sure enough, it was inline with our system rules so I placed the trade.

Yep, I got the EUR also last night put on a trailing stop of 20 when i was 30 or so in front.
Only ending up collecting 13 pips. Better than losing them. Still in the CHF waiting for the reversal, hopefully come through tonight before it takes me out. I really like the look of the EUR/USD and the USD/CHF on the day if they can break the ma. would be a nice solid signal.

Good luck, loving the system so far!

Iā€™m long the swissy again this a.m. @ .8341. Kind of early but the setup looks good if it wants to reverse and go up. Swiss fundamentals are good, USD so-so. Weā€™ll see.
edit, 08:21 - I got 8 pips, PA started looking flas so I got out. Just maybe the swissy ainā€™t my thing.

Thank god for demo as I am facing the biggest morning loss in forex that I have ever had as it now stands. SL hit usd/cad, down many pips in eur/usd & gbp/usd. Now here is the interesting thing and I donā€™t mean to steer this thread off topic but the 3 Ducks strategy shows exactly the opposite buy/sell signs! Iā€™m thinking that maybe a 60sma/close might be a good indie to have for the BigE chart(s). Just my quick observation and will explore this a little more. d

feel free to experiment. 60ema touch is usually a good reverse trade on the 1 hour tf.

Entered a buy with the $/Y, D. trend is fairly flat so not looking for a whole lot on the hourly. Hope it goes better than yesterday. d

I went for this too about 10 mins ago. Heres hoping!

Graham

I went for usd/cad short 1 hr chart looks promising

I closed for a very small loss, it is ranging and the trend is flat.

I am long, good tdi cross.

Hi all.

This is my first post so i hope to make it useful :57:.

Tried the system for a couple of days and itā€™s good! I like it. I made some modifications to indicators parameters and added some 2 EMAs. So this are the modifications:
[ul]
[li]EMA 5, shift 2, close
[/li][li]EMA 21, close, green
[/li][li]EMA 55, close, red
[/li][li]Stoch (14,3,5) slowed down and not so many cross noise
[/li][/ul]

The EMA21 and EMA55 serve as medium-term trend indicator. Green above red - bull and oposite for bear.

Despite the basic rules described here //forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/39076-big-e-trading-4.html#post259509
Letā€™s look at EU 1h from may 23 to now.
[ul]
[li]23th may: trend was bearish / what made a buy setup valid for a countertrend trade: first green candle body close above EMA5 + price close above EMA5 + TDI crossup below 32 level + stoch cross in oversold area - so this are my rules for a countertrend trade (invert for sell on bullish trade)
[/li][li]buying in a bullish trend: TDI crossup below 68 level and stoch not in oversold (may 31st)
[/li][li]if tradeing with trend close half of the position on TDI cross and move SL to BE - there is al lot of chance that there will be only some minor correction and the trend will continue unless there is a valid countertrend signal for trade
[/li][li]if the price on the trendchangetrending candle closes way above/below EMA5, wait for some pullback - it happens very often
[/li][/ul]

There is my explenation on todays EU short trade for 50 pips profit. There was a bearish divergence on 4h and 1h charts. But not valid TDI cross above 68 level.

So the system combined with some good old school support/resistance levels + fibos

• other technical tools ROCKS!!! As I type this there is a potential long setup on EU for a potential H&S - at nackline and maybe forming the right shoulder.

I hope that I made myself clear :wink:

Attached:

• template + indicators (my template is with white background)
  • profile folder (you can load my charts and see also the trendlines and S/R levels)

Put indicators here: MT4 install folder\experts\indicators
Put template file here: MT4 install folder emplates
Put profile here: MT4 install folder\profiles\big e\

I tried to attach files but I canā€™t because there is a forum policy that i must have at least 5 posts ā€¦ :frowning:

Edit: files now attached

Hi everyone, first post, fairly new to trading. Iā€™m getting to the end of the ā€œschool of pipologyā€ and have a practice account set up on Oanda. Would love to try this system, but donā€™t know how to get a TDI indicator. Is there anything I could set up or another indicator I could tweak to give me same/similar results? Any help greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Cliff

Hi. You have attached the indicator to the very first post of this thread.

Bye

Hi Cliff,
If you go to page 1 of this thread, you will find the instructions for this specific system, as well as the zip file to get your MT4 looking like these here.
Welcome to trading ā€“ congrats on finishing the school, as well.
Good luck

On another note, am now long on USD/JPY 4 hr. --hereā€™s planning on pippin tonite!!

Hey guys I love the participation. I swear I wish I had more time to trade. This week has been crazy for me so the only action my account is seeing is my eaā€™s. Itā€™s nice to see you guys keeping this discussion so lively.
Thanks,
John

Short on Nzd/Usd 1 hr. +25 pips so far, and counting!