Binary Options. Beware!

If you want to find sound strategies and education about Binary Options go to “BINARYOPTIONSDAILY.COM” ; there you´ll find tons of information from independent traders and you don´t need to “gamble” any more. First of all you should start with the “SCHOOL” , here on “BABYPIPS” because without proper education everything is gambling, no matter if it´s Forex or Binaries.
Don´t rely on automated Robots because it´s all crap !! No chance to win in the long run, better learn how to trade by your own and learn where to look for proper information.

Greetings all, thought I would throw my 2 cents in here.

Before I even toss my opinion out on Binary Options lets keep in mind that 95% of individuals attempting to trade in the long run fail for one reason or another. (I think this is the accepted %) Top that with when trading binary options your risk reward ratio is by default in favor of the broker, 1 loss in binary options takes almost 3 wins to recover with proper money management. To make things even better the Binary Options industry attracts a lot of 1st time traders who quite honestly have no clue what they are doing and opened up an account with a shady broker because they saw some BS video on YouTube promising riches. Combine all that with the fact that as a mostly unregulated industry (progress is being made) the majority of individuals by default are going to lose there money, and the few that actually do make some money probably picked a shady broker and then get screwed out of it. So keeping all that in mind let me get away from all the doom and gloom and lets look at some of the positives about Binary Options. (Yes there are a few)

Binary Options for someone learning to trade IMO is a great place to start as long as you head in with the expectations that you will not get rich just like traditional trading. You have to be prepared to build your account slowly over time and control your self when draw-down hits and not revenge trade. If you do you homework there are a few brokers out there who offer no deposit demo accounts, I would highly advise you to get a demo account and trade with that until you hit a bare min of 60% ITM (In the Money aka a winning trade.) As the avg payout from a Binary Options broker is 70% or higher that is your goal to hit before you even consider going live. If you can not hit it then you have no business trading Binary Options, or you are a glutton for punishment and want to feed your broker money. I see to many people think because trading Binary Options does not involve setting a SL or TP that it will be easier and for some magical reason they will be successful. That is 100% completely untrue, as a Binary Options Trader I use the same chart for my “BO” trades as I do for my short term scalping, so if we look into it a little bit that means I am using the same principles for scalping and trading BO’s. That right there should set a light bulb off that you need to know your basic fundamentals about the market before you even attempt to trade Binary Options, and if your a unsuccessful traditional trader, you are going to most like fail at Binary Options. The chart I trade of does not magically change when I do a scalp or a BO trade and become easier because I am trading Binary options. I will say the number one thing Binary Options has helped me improve upon is my entry point when intra-day trading. If i had to guess I on average pick up an extra 1-3 pips a trade due to binary options helping me refine my entry. With Binary Options a bad entry will get you a OTM (Out of the Money aka a loss) more often than not.

So on to the shady part of binary options, once you can hit a 60% ITM on your DEMO account then its time to start looking for a broker. If you are a trader from the United States and prefer longer term trades then go with NADEX, they are 100% regulated and legit, and if you fall into that group you can stop reading this post now and head on over and open a Demo account and demo until you have doubled your account with proper money management, and once you have do it again and for good measure do it a third time then go live.

Now if your into shorter term trades 5 mins to 30 mins welcome to the world of shady brokers, aka the bucket shop. Your first step will to be to research any broker you may want to invest with, and if possible find someone who is using them and has withdrawn funds. Picking the wrong broker at this point and getting screwed out of your money really sucks. Once you have selected your broker then my advice is to deposit the minimum amount they require to get the account going trade for a bit and make a withdraw, if all goes well then ramp up the deposit a little bit. Unlike traditional trading if you have 10k in capital you do not have to deposit it all with a broker to use proper money management, if you are trading 2% of your capital deposit 2k and keep the other 8k safe in your bank account. You can still trade based off a 10k account but the broker only has 1/5 of your capital.

Some brokers are going to offer a bonus with your deposit, DO NOT TAKE IT. They will lock you into a trade volume that you have to hit that is ridiculously high and you can not withdraw ANY of your money till you do. I go as far as to get a email from the broker stating stat I will be depositing 2k with them and there will be no bonus, free trades anything attached to the account and I am free to withdraw at any time. There are a few brokers out there who offer a segregated bonus if they do feel free to accept those just make sure there are no strings attached. A segregated bonus does not effect your initial deposit and is only made available after you hit a pre-determined trade volume, but you are free to with draw your money at anytime with no restrictions.

Last bit of advice is when dealing with brokers that is the time to put your foot down don’t let them pressure you into depositing more money that you want to its there job to weasel as large as a deposit as they can out of you, its your job to protect your money.

I hope you enjoyed the little bit of info I provided and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Bryan McAfee

I apologize for any typos in advance. And parsifal23 nice to see you here :slight_smile:

Great post bryanmcafee .I can speak from experience from trading binary options for a few months that all the negative things about binary options has happened to me. I just regretted that I did not do any research before hand before I decided to open a live account.

If you open with a account with a bucket shop be prepared to have brokers try and force you to put a large size deposit in your account especially if you are using their signals(these cant always be trusted, as I believe these are rigged to make you automatically lose 50% of your trades) These brokers at the end of the day just want your money, and if there is a problem, they will be diffcult to contact.

avoid option bit i have and my mates trade binaries ok with vantagefx they are really good and prices and time frames match up .

Ok mate thanks I look in to that. Anyone got dealt with bucket shop broker before like myself, can anyone explain what was the procedure was and how long did you traded with them for. I still got a account with a certain broker, but the problem is that I cannot seem to contact them and I beginning to think they have now disappeared, Not sure Iam allowed to name the broker.

Anyone still considering Binary Options trading - Read this - Amazon.com: Binary Options Trading - A Strategy Guaranteed To Beat The Brokers In 15 Minutes Flat eBook: Jon McFarlane: Kindle Store

Binary options do require some trading experience. The 95% is speculated as there are no known figures. It could be 97% or 85% for all we know. I did however read an interesting article called the Binary Lie, a good read whether you are new or experienced, The Binary Options Lie

I just got an email to tell me the book I mentioned above is free until Tuesday - It also covers the subject of supposedly “useful” Binary Option websites and why they exist - Amazon.com: Binary Options Trading - A Strategy Guaranteed To Beat The Brokers In 15 Minutes Flat eBook: Jon McFarlane: Kindle Store

Hi, I trade forex binary options and write forecast on currency pairs. I combine fundamental factors with technicals to predict potential price movement. Although I can’t guarantee 100% accuracy every time, I am hoping for you to get some fresh trading ideas. Here is my latest forecast on the eurjpy EUR/JPY Forecast 21 Aug 2014 | ToniSignals.com Please let me know if you find it useful for your trades.

Hello:

I just started trading bull spreads with nadex. Could you share with me your strategy and experience.

Thank-You

a newbie

I think that binary option is personally business that tend to be scammer.
Many people said that binary is scam business.

If you are interested to know how I am getting such tremendous accuracy consistently then you are always welcome to contact me personally at <[email protected]> . Here i am ready to teach you my strategy.

These are 60 seconds expirations, which are one of the riskiest expirations in binary options. There is no way telling this data is real or if it is forged. If this is real, I challenge you to live stream your trades for 7 days, live, not recorded. Don’t reveal your strategy but just show the trades in the market and their progress. I doubt you will agree to that as you have only made 1 post here, which indicates you are a spammer and cannot backup your data. I would leave your post here to warn other traders not to go with you. This is a classic case of a possible scam, watch and learn newbies.

Dear Mr. Polar,

I agree for what you said but trading 60 seconds expirations are only risky if you don’t have any perfect strategy with you.
Analyzing what will happen for next one minute is very easy when compared with 30 Minutes & 1 Hour etc.
In that screenshot you can observe that there is more time gap between every 2 trades which means my system didn’t find any confirmed entries in that gap.
I cannot provide you my own screenshots because i am is a programmer so i will do many researches for finding new strategies so you cannot see many trades expired in the money at my account & the previous screenshot is also not mine. It is the screenshot of one of my client his name is peter from canada. I will request him the screenshots of 6 more continues days which not yet finished & post the same in this forum as you requested.
There are many scam programmers but all the programmers are not scammers kindly please find the difference.

Hi there,

You should have the Genuine Strategy or System with you then only you will earn money consistently through Binary Options trading. I really felt bad for some of you guys compared this with betting on horses etc.
There are many technical studies are involved for choosing the right trade at the right time so there is no any instance of betting here.
I am here enclosing a couple of recent Screenshots of the winning trades sent by my clients so you will get the clarity upon the possibilities of consistent earnings if you have a right strategy with you.

Best regards,
Casper.

Read more: http://forums.babypips.com/binary-options-futures/41002-warning-about-binary-options-8.html#ixzz3QqKWGilE

@dpaterso I totally agree with you! Over my death body will I use binary options! I would rather STRADDLE a random stocks, UP or DOWN I still make money, if it stays middle I lose only the premium!

Hi everyone,

as the thread is old I would like to use the opportunity and ask if binary options regulations have changed during these last years or are they about the same as bad as earlier?

Thanks,

FE

The regulations or lack there of is still an issue but brokers are becoming a little more respectable over time.

BT 02: Binary Options Scams and Trading Legitimately | Binary Today

Try this podcast episode, really measures the current climate of the binary options market.

60 second is risky expiration time??. can you tell me why?
I think that each method in binary option will have each characteristic. and for 60 second, you must looking for good moments. not all moment good for this 60 second. I’ve try this trading method in firstbinaryoption.com
all is going fine.

60 seconds are just the worst contracts to trade. Why? You can be looking at 1 or 2 pips moves for your profit. Evey small discrepenacies between your brokers platform and your charting package makes winning just a lottery. That’s assuming your brokers platform does not lag, requote and of course, that your broker plays fair.

Sixty seconds contracts are bascially a form of gambling. They are not a true strategic approach to trading. Maybe they could be but the tools currently out there are simply not responsive enough for this at present.

Seriously, I’m not down on binary options… but don’t let your broker take you for a mug. It should be the other way around. Learn some decent strategies (some ideas here), manage your risk and avoid these silly short term contracts. You will then give yourself half a chance at making some money… and keeping hold of it.