Bitcoin greed and fear index

Historically, from this indicator, it is said it is a good time to buy. Where we have opportunity to offload recent profits, I will be slowly rebuilding our BTC component from 30% back to around 50% this year.

3 Likes

Hellooo Mondeoman! :smiley: Happy New Year! Sounds like another promising opportunity to buy BTC. I bought some myself also. :blush: Any other coins for 2022? :slight_smile:

Sorry in advance if you’ve mentioned this in a different post! :sweat_smile: I just got back and I’m still catching up on reading the posts. :sweat_smile: But good luck with this and as always, I’ll be following along! :smiley: Haha.

1 Like

Holding for sure. I’m just waiting.

this is a perfect time to hold BTC , market movement is not so well but of course you have to keep patience , otherwise the result could be worst.

Hi @ria_rose . Happy New Year to you too. :grinning:

I guess I could say “all 16,000 of them” but it depends on price action and news at the time. :joy:

In reality, I love to watch Youtube videos about crypto currencies, especially when you look back to last year to see how much hopium and FUD is dished out. Hard to sort out the wood from the trees.

In seriousness, I only hold 10 different cryptos, and the top 3 now constitute 95% of the overall value. Last week BTC slipped into second position representing only 25% of overall value down from about 65% on 1Jan2021. Though I account for “portfolio growth” in terms of how many equivalent BTC we hold, and not how many USD it is valued at, our diversification this year was not intentional. It is just that some of our choices were excellent, some were mediocre but only one was a loss, and that was less than 1% of our holding.

Whatever we are doing is working so it will be “more of the same”, but in a market whose total value went from $400 bn to $3 trillion and back down to $2.3 trillion, you could also conclude that anyone who did less than a 6X was a “loser”. We did not do 6X, so you could say I underperformed the market. It sure doesn’t feel like that. I am happy we underperformed the market last year. That sort of growth cannot be sustainable in the long run, so I am expecting a major correction this year.

That is why my focus has shifted from speculation of market value to include at least 25% of the plan profit to be derived from “income”. Whilst at the detail level this is split into three or four separate income “types” like mining, locking of cryptocurrency, liquidity pair provision, NFT income - and some more I haven’t thought of yet. And there is also the trading contribution whose target is to contribute 20% to plan profit. That is swing trading, so far without leverage, but could include limited leverage this year.

Summary.
Currencies in our portfolio (except those less than 1%) are:
DeFiKingdoms Jewel and ONE combined - hit top slot from nowhere last week of 2021
BTC
ETH
XRP
CRO
ADA

Those that I currently have on watch for acquisition at the right price, and for which I have some open limit orders, each at < 1% of portfolio, are:

AVAX
TIME
OHM
POWR
HNT
MATIC

I have a list of 20 or so longer term tokens for which I have set up alarms on Coingecko for anywhere between a 5% to a 20% move in price, up or down, that could become candidates for trading.
I am certainly not recommending any of these. They fit my portfolio, but I would have no clue as to whether they would be useful to any other trader because each person’s goals are totally different. The above is just a high level summary of what my 2022 objectives are, that would satisfy our longer term goals.

And this may sound really stupid when everyone is expecting the market to short with far more certainty than it will go long, but we are planning to increase our overall funds invested in the crypto market, not to take out any profits. Our goal in 2020 was to invest a further 2% of our portfolio into crypto. In reality, we never got to investing further funds after May 2021, and so intend to add to our holdings too.

There is one circumstance that would stop us doing this. If the market overall market grows to $4 trillion by April, I will seriously think about conversion to stable coins in a hurry, or even (dare I say it) back to Fiat. Just kidding. :rofl:

I always forget about this one but its a pretty good indicator

Ok might get in out of FOMO lol.

Question re: another market that kind of reflects the crypto “boom”. Are there any stocks you’ve bought because of this? Thinking $COIN or maybe $RIOT or $SI?