Bitcoin Halving 2020 $55k - $130K Price Prediction Explained

Approximately every 4 years the reward that miners receive for finding a block, halves. This event is referred to as the “Bitcoin halving” and was hardcoded by Satoshi Nakamoto into the Bitcoin protocol to enforce its deflationary monetary policy.

In the 2020 Bitcoin halving mining rewards will drop from 12.5 Bitcoins per block, to 6.25 Bitcoins per block.

At the time of the 2020 halving, 18,375,000 Bitcoins will have been mined in total. That’s approximately 85% of the total Bitcoin supply.

What will the Bitcoin price be at the halving?

Right after the first halving in 2012, the Bitcoin price rose from $12 to $140. Weeks after the second halving in 2016, Bitcoin started a rally that propelled its price from $582 to $20,000.

I would love to have some BTC and wish they will cost something like for example that amount but that is possible only in my dreams. I hope you really do make me something for example. I do not believe it will be that much, it’s TOO much anyway.

The contrarian viewpoint, with nice charts to show historical price movements.

All I will say is that the past is not indicative of future performance.

1 Like

You can purchase pieces of a Bitcoin. It is a common misconception that one needs to buy an entire Bitcoin. You can purchase $100 worth of Bitcoin for example and there is a high probability you see a 10x on that investment over the next 2 years.