Bitcoin to fall off cliff?

Aha - we have a stop-loss level for a short ! :sunglasses:

Bitcoin is up $900+ today and is trading inside an ascending triangle if we get a daily close above 19,000 looks for a test of all time high and move above 20,000. Strong support at 14,000 but I don’t hold a lot of hope we will ever see that level again

shorting Bitcoin is dangerous, people making the most money are buy and hold traders, buying more on the pullbacks

1 Like

Bitcoin maybe all the talk but it is Litecoin that has the most gains by %. On Dec 7th when Bitcoin hit its all-time high just below $20,000 Litecoin was sitting at $90, Since then Bitcoin has consolidated with no new highs while Litecoin has exploded to over $300. Can $1,000 Litecoin be far off

Here’s that chart again - with Volume.

A daily close above 19,000 on volume should clear way to new highs. These daily candles are amazing, $1,000+ trading range is the new norm

And the bubble continues to go up…
It’s interesting how far can it go if enough people notice it

I think we are still in the price discovery stage, bubbles occur when the masses pile in late in a run, this market is still very young. Compared to the housing bubble, what killed housing was priced so high no one could afford a house. No matter how expensive Bitcoin becomes you will always be able to buy as little as $10 worth,

as I post this Bitcoin is up $ 1,200 on the day and just dollars below 19,000, price above 20,000 by Christmas is almost a given

[quote=“Dennis3450, post:127, topic:117389, full:true”]

I think we are still in the price discovery stage, bubbles occur when the masses pile in late in a run, this market is still very young. [/quote]

Bitcoin is not in a bubble. Get that bubble idea out of your head.

One year ago, one bitcoin (XBT) cost 1.52 Dutch tulip bulbs (DTB).

Today, one year later, one bitcoin costs 1.53 DTB.

That’s a mere two-thirds of one percent increase in 12 months.

That doesn’t even keep pace with inflation.

That’s not a bubble.

Current price: XBT/DTB = 1.53062

1 Like

Totally agree

If I were in my early 20’s I would be putting every dime I could get my hands on into Bitcoin. as someone nearing retirement, I need to be a little more cautious but I still see Bitcoin as a major portion of my retirement savings

I think that @Clint 's post needs to be read as a whole Dennis. :slight_smile:

Another new all-time high for Bitcoin, pulling back a little in early Sunday trading, It would not surprise me to wake up to 20,000

Bitcoin weekly chart

It’s great that you’fre happy with your investments :relaxed:

If you had simply bought $100 of each Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin at the beginning of each week for all of 2017 you would have invested now $5000 in each currency with profits of

Bitcoin $46,032
Ethereum $79,741
Litecoin $132,050

Trading Bitcoin, when do you get out?

http://www.businessinsider.com/economist-jim-rickards-bitcoin-versus-gold-price-manipulation-2017-12/?IR=T

https://squawker.org/technology/blockchain-just-became-obsolete-the-future-is-hashgraph/

It is like that game show Deal or No Deal, getting out now would be like taking the first offer from the banker with the million dollar case still in play. There will be a time to cash in but this game is still in the first round, Nobody ever took the bankers first offer

On another thread - (Credit to @HyperScalper )

https://forums.babypips.com/t/going-offshore-to-escape-the-cftc/35612/4874

Not strictly relevant - but I thoght it might be of interest

[Edit - the "1 bitcoin at 300 kWH is also enough power to distill around 40 gallons of whiskey @ cask strength :relaxed: ]

Bitcoin has a small down day as Ethereum and Litecoin see new all time highs, and look at that Market Cap over 600 billion, the one Trillion level should be broken before spring

Crypto Market is going nuts as CoinBase adds Bitcoin Cash, nice little bump to my account as I held Bitcoin during the fork that lead to creation of Bitcoin Cash

Good interview with one of the tech guys behind Bitcoin Cash, we have wondered what would unseat Bitcoin as top crypto, Bitcoin Cash could be it