Bitcoin to fall off cliff?

Bitcoin on 6 days losing streak

Well here we are now.

The pin bar on the volume spike could be viewed as a “Blowoff” but it is smaller than the cluster at similar prices on the up-side. The rapid retreat of the pin, seems to indicate either high demand or a lack of supply at the lowest part.

On the other hand the last down bar is quite large but the volume is small, which seems to imply few buyers - Maybe it does, maybe not - It was very close to Xmas and perhaps the “casual punters” were out doing other things ?

We needed this selloff to sake out the get rich in a day crowd, let us long term holders buy at a more reasonable price, and remember just last month the debate was would Bitcoin break $10,000 by years end. Lesson here do not chase the run-ups and buy the dips

To put this pullback ( or crash as some would say) in perspective. Had you bought $100 of Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum at the beginning of each week in December your $300 investment in each currency would be worth the following

Bitcoin $281 ( -$19 loss)
Ethereum $383 ( $83 gain)
Litecoin $506 ( $206 gain)

Net profit $270

I will take it

Where did everybody go

Let’s be glad this “advisor” does not have the ear of the current president

as Bitcoin and Litecoin consolidate, Ethereum hits new highs,

a year ago today you could have bought Bitcoin for the price of one Ethereum today, Will we see 15 times gain in Ethererum this year. I like the odds

What goes up !

However, When I started this thread, it had still not got to the price it is now.

I feel sad for all those trapped “Longs”, desperately hoping for a recovery. :worried:

Some of those trapped “longs” call themselves HODLers. :grimacing:

I bought at 13k and now it’s almost 8k. :frowning: not too much but I thought I was tricked by bitcoin sharks.

you were ! - But, it’s not THEIR fault. Here is the best chart I have ever seen to simplistically show the mechanics of a “Boom / bust” cycle. The credit for the originator is given on the pictuure and I go it from an article regarding S&P on Zero-Hedge.

Please don’t hate “them” for taking your money, “It’s what they do !” (ANd “they” will only laugh at you anyway :sunglasses: ) - No instead, save this chart and take it away. It could just be the single most important lesson there is to learn out there.

Here is a comparison of bitcoin to the dot-com bubble.

Is bitcoin repeating the dot-com bubble’s trajectory?

2 Likes

Close - isn’t it ?

I think there is a slight difference though because the Nasdaq was a huge, liquid market, the “Buy on dippers” weren’t able to hold it up, whereas in BTC the “Whales” have a really quite illiquid market they are stuck with selling into ! Therefore they need to try to avoid a panic - by just selling a little at a time while keeping the “News” and “Sentiment” good(ish), so the “Punters” don’t panic and stop buying !

Even now we see them saying "My investments are all in the red - shall I buy now or wait for it to drop some more ? "

I reckon it could take them a long time to unload fully. Meanwhile they have to keep giving the Punters some “hope” - just to stop the buyers from drying up - or worse still, unloading themselves !

Interesting one to watch though, to see how they do manage to solve the problem.

Well here we are 8 months later :slight_smile:

The bubble has been up to $20,000 and I was promised at one point “It’ll never see $14,000 again !”

I now agree wholeheartedly with that statement !

We have now retraced to approx the level at which I started this thread.

I expect there are a lot of people who believed the “Hype” - Out there “In a world of pain”!

My sentiment is exactly the same as my opening sentence !

I feel sad for those who have been “suckered in” at stupid high levels. But that’s the way we learn kiddies !

We’ve all lost a good deal of money “doing this” in our apprenticeships - treat it as a "learning experience " ! :slight_smile:

It’s essentially paying for a life lesson. :wink: At least, that’s the way I see it.

Gdax is showing BTCUSD at 5950! Almost near all time lows for the year, back in February. Anybody buying?

Are you still trading or holding BTC? What about other cryptocurrencies? Any others of interest to you?

No. I have never held Bitcoin, although whne they were introduced I did think they would be a good medium of exchange, for swapping a few hours of my time, for a few hours of someone else,s ! I did toy with the idea of buying a hundred or two at that time, but never did, as I thought the “Tax-man” would soon enough “catch on”, if the idea worked, and start taxing it as “Benefits in kind” or some such !

I’ve never been any good at “Jumping on speeding trains” and refused to buy into the “Dot com bubble” as well and when my “share club chairman” was desperate to buy “Northern Rock” which was hitting “record highs” - I argued against him successfully !

I think of the man sometimes. Sadly we lost touch and he moved half way around the world. I’d like to see him again, we turned out to be good “mates” but I’m 100% convinced that wherever he is now, he will be totally invested in Bitcoin to the fullest extent of his borrowing capacity !

I just hope that he got in early enough and scaled out a bit when they were booming :relaxed:

Sadly though, I doubt it :cry:

Why I thought you had bought in, I’m not sure. My apologies.

Well, lots of green across the various currencies the past couple of days. I’ll be interesting if BTC gets above 7000K this week. I think US traders are a bit weary, as you can see in the trading volumes. So a push will most likely come from Asian.