Bitcoins? Currency of the future?

Bitcoin may well enable anonymous transactions, which is why it has been widely used by savvy members of the underworld.

But is your average Joe who holds Bitcoin buying it for this? I doubt it.

Where is the utility in it? How many people are using it for paying for things on a daily basis? How many new merchants are adopting it each day?

The vast vast majority of investors are in it for no other reason than the greater fool theory, and want to cash out back into US dollars, GBP, or whatever.

Bitcoin is clunky, expensive, and slow. Other coins have a much better potential utility I believe - XRP being my preferred choice.

With all that said Bitcoin is great to trade.

I am watching the crypto space with interest - but to some (many) it has become a religion - where no other asset is worth considering.

In fact, the crypto crowd is as bad or even worse than the gold zealots IMO

In trading it pays to be agnostic - not so thoroughly in love with your position that you can never see any downside.

4 Likes

Taking into account its advantages over fiat I am sure that it is the currency of the future. Mass adoption is coming :slight_smile: on the other hand its transactions very often are too slow and too expensive. Taking [Removed for forums policy violation] into account I guess that Dash has a very good chance to increase its value during this bull run.

In all the years BTC has been around what has it been used for? And what are the plans for it going forward?

1 Like

Mass adoption is a pipe dream my friend.

In the markets we say dont ever fight the Fed

Crypto traders say fight the Fed and the financial regulators and politicians too.

The idea in investing or trading is to have as many factors going in your direction as possible.

And I’d say regulators are going to be one almighty headwind, and the green movement possibly another.

And if mass adoption is coming where is the increase in merchants taking it?

No doubt Bitcoin CAN go to da moon but it will be mass delusion not mass adoption driving it.

Most of the demand is coming from deluded hedge funds who see it somehow as a tier one asset - not from consumers using it for online purchases.

@Miguelitos

One book you might want to read is Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

Essential reading for anyone wanting to be a successful tradevestor

Thank you for that recommendation, I will check it out!

1 Like

Cryptocurrency will be the most or main used currency in near future. Not just only bitcoin. I buy ARTDECO, it,s an Elon Musk-inspired Defi Platform. Quite good for earn good. :smiley:

BTC won’t ever be a viable currency until its network is updated and price stabilises somewhat. It has been left behind in terms of what makes it a viable currency by many other altcoins.

Bitcoin’s status as a currency of the future seems a little shaky these days, what with China banning it and its mining. I guess that is a major reason why its price is crashing like it is now.

While there are always possibilities for the future, I do not think it could really manage to happen in reality. There would be too many downsides especially for banks and what about managing to have different countries agreeing on this? I think it woul not be possible.

I think everything is possible, but not everything is possible. I do believe Bitcoin will see wider acceptance in the future, possibly by banks as well, but it’s going to be a long and difficult road. It won’t happen overnight. If it happens in the next decade it would be a surprise.

Once I started thinking that maybe ETH 2.0 will be the currency of the future but after the recent update and still high fees I guess that BTC is still number 1 contender to displace fiat money, my opinion.

perhaps Ada will take some significant part of the market. Taking into account how fast it is developing. Also I recommend to have a closer look at Safemoon coin. They say it is worth considering.

@Miguelitos Safemoon was quite popular in the initial days but i don’t think people are now much interested in this crypto. Safemoon doesn’t provide any competitive advantage over other cryptocurrencies and even the process of buying it is a little complicated and when you want to sell it, you have to pay 10% fees. That means you can only buy it if you want to hold it for a long time.

@Miguelitos ADA is definitely worth giving attention. I’ve always been interested in cryptos that strive to improve and just don’t stay on old technologies. Cardano is advancing continuously and the transaction costs are much lower than the conventional banks.

I like how this thread stills alive for almost 10 years. It means nothing, but cryptocurrencies are really our future. The topic starter was 100% right. Bitcoins back then were a joke, but now this coin put the whole ■■■■ upside down. Chip deficit, increased energy consumption that affected the entire industry, and insane speculation - it’s weird, but our future. As for me, I would better seek something more volatile, such as shiba inu or floki inu coins. Despite high risks, these cryptocurrencies could make you rich out of nothing.

Bitcoin has its peculiarities. Because bitcoin is a young currency, and most who trade in this market have no experience. Therefore, they easily succumb both to the excitement of the game and at the same time panic. Most different events make them buy or sell in droves, and as a result, the rate is constantly feverish. However, the general condition remains unchanged: the price of bitcoin is continually growing. And this trend is unlikely to change shortly. I started to study and use an online platform to buy cryptocurrency.

Bitcoin has already become incredibly popular and it is projected to be even more popular. According to a new report, the quarterly total transactions in US dollars on the BTC network surpass those of PayPal for the first time ever.

The data shows that 2021 saw an estimated $489 billion of processed BTC per quarter, while PayPal’s 2021 numbers come to $302 billion, again per quarter. Although impressive, BTC transactions have a steady and firm lead of a whopping 62%.

According to projections, it may exceed the volumes of Visa and Mastercard by 2026.

I personally believe that bitcoin can possibly become the currency of future, because despite the fact that it has downtrend nowadays, it’s just a correction and experienced traders would never think that it’s a fall of bitcoin. Nowadays everybody knows about bitcoin and almost every 3-4 human being tries to find some ways to invest in it. That’s why we saw the huge downward correction from almost 70k$ to 40k$. Anyway, bitcoin had such situation in 2017 and as we can see it grew up to several times from that times. I believe in it and advice all traders to believe in it and keep it in the wallet.

I think Bitcoin may not last that much longer