Bitfinex says they have been scammed for $880 mln

Bitfinex crypto exchange says it is a “victim of a fraud” by Crypto Capital, a payment processing company that allegedly lost 880 million USD of Bitfinex’s funds.

Last week the president of Crypto Capital Ivan Manuel Molina Lee, was arrested by the Polish police on charges of money laundering, while Oz Yosef, an executive of Crypto Capital has been indicted by the U.S. authorities for conspiracy to commit bank fraud and conspiracy to operate an unlicensed money transfer service.

Lee, was arrested on suspicion of laundering roughly 350 million USD worth of assets from illegal proceeds and having ties to a transnational drug cartel. He is accused of “laundering dirty money for Columbian drug cartels using a cryptocurrency exchange”, the Polish prosecution says.

So does this mean everyone’s money in bitifnex is gone?

I am wondering about the same thing.

All this crypto related things are more worry than anything else basically I do not understand the whole case entirely anyway for whatever reason. I do not really see it’s possible so let’s make it clear for anything out there. Let’s hope something will be and can be fixed.