Bloody Pop-Up Ads

How bloody annoying are these pop-up ads getting. I get as many as 3 to 4 every time I open my browser.

Yes I have an account with IC Markets. No I don’t want to use 1:1000 leverage to trade bitcoin at Nordfx. And I don’t need signals from CMC. I rely on my own. As for FXCM we all know their history.

Racist robot elders be decrease the frequency of this disgrace.

1 Like

yeah so do i
FXCM, ICMARKETS NordFX, CMC, BITCOIN etc
you can’t bloody do anything until you click off them 3 or 4 times
i thought to complain but, i guess it does no good because this is site monetizing

1 Like

Hey Bob,

I never see pop-up ads.

And I never get tracked by any website, no matter what, or where, I surf.

Check out — https://www.epicbrowser.com/

3 Likes

Thanks for that @Clint. I have loaded it and it certainly seems to do the job - and loads slightly, but noticeably, faster too…
As far as I can see it is safe to use and at least my virus protection program gives it the green light.

…don’t know what BP will think of this if its use becomes prevalent and their advertising clients ask questions…

1 Like

@anon46773462
i’ll test this out as well,
i used to use Torch Browser for a while, it was very good , then almost a year later it was compromised and i no longer recommend it for use

i’ll give this a drive and see how it performs, not just for ads i’ll test it out fully
hopefully it’ll work and i can thank clint for it and then he’ll tell me to piss off for the compliment
and… that’ll be fun :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was rather hoping to hear this - This kind of thing must be your speciality?

@anon46773462
it is
i don’t care where useful information comes from , as long as it’s useful
who knows mate,

i mean… ok clint’s purpose for adding this was to block ads, Now… i have not actually tested a standard browser like firefox or chrome with say something like AdBlocker Plus , which probably would also work… maybe
and without the need to install this browser

but hey, let’s give it a whirl and see what it has to offer
i’ll keep you posted

Thanks bro. I have epic installed but it’s not my default browser. My daughter is also using my computer for school and I like to be able to track her movements online so we use chrome. Might have to switch for my personal use.

@anon81929759 old m8, you need to take a chill pill on this one bro. Cup of milo should do us both nicely. But would greatly appreciate if you have any suggestions about how to use a privacy browser like epic yet still maintain traceability of my daughters movements. Might even be the topic for a good thread.

Hopefully you’ll get a kick from this

1 Like

hehe, yeah that’s funny

as for the chill pill.
already got the milo going, way ahead of you .
Mate, i am chilled, it’s all good

i just need him to make up his mind what he wants to do

the options are

• he wanted me to stay off his threads… ok, no problem, but then he should agree to do the same (As he did)

• or we can agree that we don’t give a shyte and we comment wherever , in which case he just needs to ignore me and i’ll ignore him… simple

either way works for me

but this option

• he can comment anywhere he wants and i can’t comment wherever he appears hehe :stuck_out_tongue:
    unfortunately this is not an option
    so he has to choose between door #1 or #2 i’m good with any one of them, i just want the BS to stop
    and if he has a fair idea that’s fair for both of us, i’ll probably agree with it
    i just need to be advised of what he wants.

but, i’m cool either way.

NOW. AS FOR THE BROWSER

yes… Thank you @Clint it seems good so far .
@_bob hehe… Watch him tell me to piss off now hehe

but in seriousness
it seems good

i had 1 problem with it
i didn’t like the fact that it was a web install. came across a bit suspicious… but… ok, no dramas so far

it’s basically a browser that stays in PRIVATE BROWSING MODE THE ENTIRE TIME
you can probably do it with Chrome anyway

the other thing
this browser is BASED ON CHROME CODE so it’s essentially a tweaked chrome, which is what Torch was, it was a frankensten between Chrome and Firefox

in this one you can also download videos from you tube , however it takes a bit longer, but hey…i’m not gonna whinge

i do have a faster way (but a bit more of a technical way, but it is more secure) but hey… this works anyway.

so ok… so far i’m happy
i’ll give it the test of time on my test computer and we’ll see if it plays funny buggers or if it proves itself

so far so good

hi mate
ok so when my clients ask me how do they monitor their kids (i initially have an issue with it, but , they are not my kids. i think back to the young years when it was about FREEDOM MAN… hehe

anyway the way you track your kids (Depending on how you want to do it) is… KEYLOGGER SOFTWARE
now… you have VIDEO keylogger or standard KEYLOGGER

the difference being that a standard keylogger will take Screenshots periodically and note down which keys are pressed
it will then transmit this data to a specified email address

a video keylogger requires a webcam and will record, say a minute at a time of what your kid does and logs keystrokes
again, it sends to an email, but… it takes a lot more space in the computer.

i would recommend a standard keylogger

you gotta install it while they are not looking
and once installed, it DOES NOT SHOW UP IN PROGRAMS LIST

if your kid has enough know how to search the system registry WHICH I HIGHLY DOUBT they might find it if they know what to look for, but realistically, i doubt it

it can only be accessed through a sequence of key presses , like you have to press rud05 at the same time.
you get to pick the sequence that launches the program
then you get an interface that you can basically do whatever you want with .

if you like i can do some research and get back to you in a few days…
let me know

i want to ask this as well
what sort of surveillance are you after
what do you need to find out

is it just … is she safe while on facebook and that she’s not talking to idiots
or is she doing something and you need to keep an eye on it via video for example

because mate, with these things, TRUST ME ON THIS…
it’s one thing to be a good parent, but doing this… you also risk losing trust with the kid IF THEY FIND OUT,
they never really do to be honest
but it’s a risk you take

i sometimes find when i’m onsite, that a kid will suspect this is happening
and then the kid comes up to me while mum and dad are not around and the kid says… are you spying on me with computer software

and i’ll be like…
well. your mum and dad have asked me to (Even though they haven’t hehe) but i can talk to them so they don’t do it , but you have to promise to be on your best behaviour

i then spin this cock and bull story about how i can connect to their computer ANY TIME I FEEL LIKE IT … day or night, just to check

i find that they never do it again
and this method builds trust
i tell the parents then, give him another chance or her. and they usually do
but if they stuff up
we pop on the keyloggers.

have a think about this

another simpler idea is track the phone
enable FIND MY IPHONE or GALAXY
that way you can maintain the location and where she is by just logging into the phone locator app

Hey _bob,

Thanks for the feedback. That is annoying and not supposed to happen at that frequency. We’re working to fix that immediately.[quote="_bob, post:1, topic:135500"]
Racist robot elders
[/quote]

If you honestly believe that, there’s nothing I can say to change your mind, but I can stand up and say you’re absolutely incorrect your assessment.

If anybody else continues to have issues with the ads loading in the middle of the page too frequently, please let us know so we can have a look.

Thanks,

Pipstradamus

hi @Pipstradamus
i’ve had this issue for quite a while actually , and yes recently it has been getting more frequent

i chalked it up to , you have to monetize the site, but it’s becoming irritating , you log in, you try to click the form icon and like 3 - 5 ads just keep coming up before you click on anything
and then you try and click off them and they go down but inadvertedly you’ve then click on the ad below it and you have to close that.

it’s like when you come here your first task is
then
Close 5 ads (Sort of like a ritual)

i think the fact that we have resorted to using the epic browser should say it all

it’s sort of like this in my opinion,
when you go to you tube and you have to watch a 5 second ad… i don’t mind,
but if i want to watch a video that’s cool and i have to wait 30 seconds each time i want to watch a new video…
honestly, i go to another video

or when you’re on a video that you like that’s around 5 mins and someone puts in like 20 ads in those 5 mins

this is the same thing… we get it , you have to monetize, but there is also a line after which people get irritated and pissed off

so, bob is correct mate, it’s getting to be a bit much
see what you can do… ok
thank you

Thanks for the feedback Martin. That was unexpected behavior. We goofed in the rollout of new ad campaigns. If you wouldn’t mind, give it a shot on your regular web browser again when you have a chance, and let me know if the experience is any different.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Pipstradamus

@Pipstradamus
ok mate, will do , no worries, give me a few days and i’ll test it out over a few days and let you know how it goes.

also Penelopip has explained that she didn’t mean what she said.

be cool mate

hi mate
re the ads… it’s still happening
in a very short space of time there is like 4 - 5 ads as before.
it’s only been a few hours and it’s still happening FYI

Thanks for the feedback Martin. Yes, they weren’t working properly at all. Very sorry about that. We just made another change. It might take 30 minutes for the changes to apply to the site. Thanks for your patience and feedback.

Pipstradamus

@Pipstradamus
all good mate
i’m off to bed, i’ll give it a few hours to kick in

i’ll check it again tomorrow i’ll get back to you… ok
have a good one

PS, i have a tonne of patience, feel free to try and use it up :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey PipS, all is well here at the Palatial VIPER Ranch and Estate. No popups ever on FireFox, except for the first one, which is OANDA, but it closes as soon as I click it closed.

The Ever Vigilant VIPER

1 Like

@Pipstradamus
yeah, today is better on my end as well