Bobmaninc's quest to short the Aussie into extinction

Yay for 0.25 cut

Congrats mate!

To bad I was long and FXCM did not honor my stop loss

Bugger! :frowning: I maintain I’d she closes under 1.0149 I expect it to keep falling under parity, employment figures later this week might help kick it down

Going to interesting on what Jason has to say that the spread widened and gaped over my stop. However I got a pop up message stating my stop could not be honored (theres no gap did not even leave my stop there) if it was not hit how would they know to send a message? Also on a one minute chart I dont see no gap.

I believe fxcm increases spread around cash rate decisions, I saw someone talking about it with the nzd the other day

Exactly no Gap even in MT4. Kinda Serious. I think It’s not much moved. Did you closed it current market?

Yes you are correct but they also claim to fill you at the next possible price which in my case would have been 1.02128(according to a tick chart). Instead they sent me a message stating they could not honor my stop at that price. Its ok I can eat it but something to think about.

How much was the slippage, Bob?

Not 60 pips not really sure to be honest. Never seen the slippage how do I find out

One thing is for sure if I have to pay for this I hope the Aussie goes to hell man.

Just out of interest lads, what do you think on EUR/AUD? Long term I’m bullish, the eurozone lately has been putting out promising data combine that with The bearish data from AU and you seemingly have a perfect storm. Thoughts?

SL turns into a market order once it is hit, so the difference between your original SL and the price executed has to be the slippage

The stop was never hit they canceled it. It no longer exists all I got was a pop up stating it could not be honored. The trade is still open (I know I am an idiot for leaving it open but a pic is worth 1000 words)

Earlier today this was a pic I showed of a swing low (to someone that asked) it shows an open order and my stop

My trade now notice there is no stop. It was not skipped over due to spreads. It was canceled

Well, it seems they removed your stop loss. I think it’s not a problem for not closing the trade. Contact their account department and explain it. They will adjust your account according to your original stop placement.

I’m looking forward to Jason’s comment.

Looks like your Stop Loss was a Stop Limit Order and price gapped, leaving your order unexecuted. Not good in a broker like FXCM :58:

It will seems they are not available on chat and I tired so I will deal with it in the morning. Not a big loss so will survive either way it just pisses me off. I just got out of this drawdown and to be right back in it through no fault of my own is frustrating.

Hey Bob, looks like you are in good company, here’s somebody else who’s shorting the Aussie:
Is Soros shorting the dollar?

Hi Bob,

Just saw your posts. Please shoot me a PM with your account and ticket number for this trade. Our techs can investigate what happened, and then I’ll post a response for you.

Jason

Message sent to an inbox near you. Happy hunting