Bobmaninc's quest to short the Aussie into extinction

Bob did you take any shorts today? I am interested in shorting AUDUSD but not sure where the key resistance levels are at the moment, so staying cautious for now.

I did short the gap. I also took another short last night but that one didnt work out it got stopped at BE. I would have posted them here but they were not my typical setup I want to start with.

right im in…
read what you said in nikitas thread and you know what your talking about…
look forward to lerning some stuff here.

Ok sorry this has taken to long but thats the name of the game sometimes. I want to show a trade setup I am stalking. Looks like we may get there tomorrow or Wednesday. This is a daily chart. Sorry for the clutter. The lines on the chart are S/R levels on the higher time frames. As you can see using the concept of OTE is lining up almost perfectly on a resistance level. I am hoping to see price move up into OTE on the daily then we will see if I can get an entry. We have technically entered into the entry zone but I am looking for a little bit more to go off than just OTE. Although that is the basis for this setup if it comes I will look to fine tune the entry to get a smaller stoploss. This way I can maximize my profit potential. We will see if it forms but if it does it will be a classic setup.

Well I hope somone is reading this as it looks like I will miss this trade. It is setting up as we speak. We are approaching the 1.02 figure some candle confirmation and its go time. Also London Close which is a good time to bounce. To bad I am at work an can not trade. Maybe later we might get a retest at Asia open

Still hanging around 1.0200 so you might have a chance to jump in! Or did you already?

I’m still waiting for the FOMC statement before deciding if I should short or not. Do you think this could have a chance to reach 1.0250 or is 1.0200 the ceiling for now?

If the Fed doesn’t implement further easing, I’m definitely gonna be with you on this one!

Well I wanted to see price break 1.02 so I could trade the fakeout. Price did break that level last night to set up an OTE on the 1.02 fig. 1.0250 is certainty a possible number but it just seems unwilling to break 1.02. I went ahead and got in this morning. Hope NY and the FED are good to me. I could use a good run in price have not had one in a while.

After a wild ride yesterday looks like the pair is finally moving south. Hope the move is sustained.

Currently sitting on +120 pips

Hi there, how are you doin’? Could you tell, what was your aim or Take profit?
It’s very interesting for me to see it because I was also thinking of shorting it, but I hadn’t got the time. And also thought Aud/Usd is like trading Gold, so I didn’t want to exhaust myself with trading a contra-trend. Another reason, Eur/Usd-s reaction is the same when the Aussie falls, so the tend to fall together. it is an unsolved question for me, how can Eur/Usd fall when the mass trades the Gold long… ? :slight_smile:

Thanks for your answer, so the first and foremost question is: What is your Take profit?

/ps: I am in long Aud/Jpy from the bottom of june 1./

I am doing great I have not seen the Aussie move like that. I have trailed my stop and locked in +150 pips. Yes you are correct about EUR/USD goes down the Aussie does to. Thats not always the case though. Only if the move is generated by the dollar. The Kiwi is the one to follow for correlation. As far as gold for the most part it is closely related to gold. Gold goes up and gold goes up lol. However the yellow metal is way overpriced anyway

For my Profit targets I will look to take some off at pairty. I am swing trader this trade was based off the daily so my ultimate target is .9600. I will trail the stop behind so I either get my target or get stopped. Either way its been great.

Just an update this trade was stopped at +150 pips I will try to post charts later as to why I took the trade. Looks to be a slow week for me. My internet was a little shaky due to yet another Tropical storm. Unlike the last one this did not make a direct hit so I should be better than last time. Just a lot of rain over the next week. Probably some power outages and all that good stuff

Edit: looks like when I posted this damn tropical storm Debby decided to change course and is now going to make a direct hit. Lots of rain in my forcast.:49:

Where in Florida are you bob? I’m going to be in Pensacola in a couple weeks for vacation :smiley: Hopefully the weather there is clear by then.

I am in jacksonville. A few hours from Pensacola. This storm is expected to pass this weekend so yoou should be clear as long as no more come

Just a small world sort of thing to mention. I was stationed at Eglin AFB in 2003. I kinda miss being in a tropical climate where the rain and humidity take away so many allergens for me.

Thats interesting they create so many for me. But yeah I hear ya it is nice to have beach weather almost year round. Except for lately non stop rain all day every day. They are starting to evacuate people a little south of me as the creeks leading to the ST johns river are overflowing. Doubt that will affect me though I am quite a ways from the river (about 5 miles). One thing is for sure though its safe to say the forest fires and droughts that were here not long ago are no longer a problem lol.

I am going to post the trade I entered today. I was not tagged in while I was at work like I thought (missed by 2 pips) but came back at asia open to tag me in (by 2 pips). Reasons for this trade are base off the daily. I have a half ass turtle soup pattern. I would prefer to see a turtle soup form on a down trend to go short rather a uptrend but is what it is. Based off my old school strat we are hitting a S/R level (after turtle soup unfolded). I got the 50% retracement of the daily candles wick to the pip (you all know I love that :)) We are also on OTE. I tried to post the MT4 chart but seem to not be able to upload it ATM. But I am sure you can see it off my trading charts. I was also hoping to get in before the interest rate released by the aussies in about an hour. I expect a dovish outcome. I dont see it rocking the market hard but enough to give me a good week. I plan to be out before NFP. Here is my chart. By the way I dont think the person on this thread ment to send me a rouge virus but it happened and this will be the last chart you will see of my live account on baby pips or anywhere else ever. This was a rude awaking and I dont blame the person I got it from but the site for what ever I down loaded. I am not upset but I have to protect me at all costs. Heres my chart

I know its hard to see my entry and what I seen from the stupid triangle but I cant get rid of it now you will just have to take my word instead of me showing my live chart. Burn me once hey fine try to do it again and your an idiot

Here is my trade idea… I don’t know if the trade will trigger since the up move looks a little overextended…

Yunny if your trade gets triggered I will no longer like you as my trade will be stopped out lol just kidding. You have hit tops and bottoms even I have not come close to and I have been pretty good at it.

:smiley: here is when patience and discipline come in play, my short is at 1.0326… just 6 pips away from being triggered, I tell you… right now i am tempted to just send a market order :33:

Can’t see the chart, Yunny… Any Help?