Bollinger band trading with MAs

Mike your obsessed with a hyper car… really you dont want one. :smiley:

The dam things breakdown every 5 mins, cost a bucket load of pips to service every 4000 miles and the prolateriate key it every chance they get or nick the badges off it. :smiley:

what was trading like when you got started R. ? Personal computers were just getting started back then, did you have screens with nice graphs on the trading floor? what about now, what’s it like on the trading floor. What’s a typical traders desk look like? big screens? fancy software?

RC,
You are absolutely right.I know someone studying MBA in one of these ivy leagues now. He said one of his profs told him that if he knows much about forex and/or energy trading,he wouldnt pick up any job offer from any company in US because it is lucrative.

Hahhaha… Dont forget that what u learnt in college served as foundations and tools for you to succeed now as a forex trader and your profession.You cant compare yourself with high school drop.

Not graphs numbers… youd have aced it… numbers are your game besides astro physics right? Some retail platforms will still give you the numbers instead of graphs. :slight_smile:

A typical desk will have anywhere from two to six monitors (15 inch) a clean desk besides a telephone a cute picture and your marching orders for the day. :smiley:

Interesting!!!

Oh and lots of post it notes… various colours… perhaps its the traffic light system. :smiley:

Green and yellow seem to win out but there are a few blue. :confused:

ahhh that’s what I’m doing wrong… I need to get colored post it notes cut them into thin strips and start pasting them on my screen!

You asked me what a typical trading desk looked like. I suspect youd be rather more interested in the software and news feeds? Sorry Mike not mine to give away. :smiley:

I have been scanning through the charts
look at this bounce action on eur/usd H1
it almost looks like HA candles

Was just curious. I wouldn’t think you’d be using Metatrader or whatever us little guys use. Was wondering too, how it was done even before you got started say back in the 70s or 60s. I maybe a numbers guy, but I like my charts, a picture is worth a thousand words or numbers.

Interesting, I’ve been looking at Eur/Usd but not zoomed out like that. That big bollinger looks like something close to a 63:2

Anyone know if the Daily 2:1 bollinger on the 1hr chart is the same as a 48:1 / 50:1?
Just looking at using that as a guide for some of the long term trades…

3 high quality trades there where it goes outside both bollingers but what’s the outside boll in white (480:2)?

Edit: Just pulled up the chart, so it is the 80:2 boll? I have some slight differences on my bollinger bands for some reason
So all those trades outside both bolls in your chart are essentially 4hr trades timed entry on the 1hr chart?

Mathamatically it should be but it seems not to give the flat top/bottom step/crossover as the 2:1 does on the daily … its more rounded.

Yes, because the steps on happen on the shorter period bolls I suppose?
Was just wondering if it might be a good guide to show when a Daily candle wicks and re-enters the 2:1 boll but you can time it on the 1hr…

Just wanted to point out there is an “ignore” function in the user control panel.

Just click on “User CP” in the tool bar on the left up top and on the next page it is in your list of options on the left under “edit Ignore List”

I thought this might help keep some more knowledgeable traders around.

Thank you, I will put that to work right now. :wink:

Incidentally, is anyone watching the TalonD 1H Crossover at the moment? Might we be having a Long movement in PA over the next few hours?

Talon, your thoughts?

Just my 2 pence:
GU has struggled at the 1.6590-1.66 region all day and you have the FOMC meeting later so just be careful with that one.
Every time the dollar index draws near 75-75.1, it miraculously gets pumped upwards again so will be interesting to see what happens in the next few days.
With Thursday and Friday being holidays in the US, volume may be a bit light but you never know I guess…someone might come through and push the EU and GU upwards.

I can do that all I have to do is enter a short trade, let me know when.:D:D

But watch out for the resistance in the 1.6580 and 1.6600 area.