Bollinger band trading with MAs

RC,
You are ever ready to make folks laugh in this forum.

SM,
Good point.Good point.I notice this too.

PA has been broadly hugging the 4h 20:x center line bollinger on retraces on its way down. But PA only briefly stepped below the 20:2 center boll on the daily and has since returned to the upper half of the bollinger.

I see short term (on the 4h chart) PA continuing to fall but am looking to the daily for a break north.

The average weekly range has been about 400 pips lately. So far the week’s low was on Sunday night around 1.6470.
1.6470 + 400 = 1.6870 which conveniently happens to be near the upper 20:2 band on the daily! :slight_smile:

Would be a nice end to the week wouldnt it. :smiley:

You said it was above center on the daily, looks to me like it’s still below center?

Sorry Mike I was looking to the close of the previous daily candle. Current daily is still in play. I suspect all will be revealed to us on the Asian.

My read is the current resistance area will hold and we will see a break south on the Asian looking to the 4h TF chart but I still see a break north looking to the daily TF probably tomorrow?

Is there a template for this trading method? Sterling

not sure what you mean by template? You mean for Metatrader? Should be easy to make one. Just put up what ever MAs and bollingers you want to use and save it as a template.

R.C. I’m already long here during the Asian and going to keep it going overnight with a stoploss. I need to get off my duff and set up that signal service that Cas told me about. Both my 1H charts have the long signal.

Good luck Mike… the Asian is time zone wise not a good one for me being five hours ahead of you. But were into the 1.66 area again and dont like the look of it. I’ll wait until the London open for a clearer picture.

Mike,

Some UK news in the morning around 4:30 EST so keep an eye on your long trade. I’m long at 1.6595 too.

Careful guys theres big resistance about now… look at the 19th and 20th?

Yeah, starting to look that way… and daily PP is down at 1.6560 and hasn’t been hit yet…

yeah, I was long for a little while and made some pips. but it kind of stalled out so I closed it. There I go paying attention to the 15m when I should be looking at my 1H. Since I’m off this week I may try to be up for the London open…

Missed the breakout this morning as I just thought there were way too many resistance points: 1.66, 1.6636, 1.66.
Of course, PA blasted straight through all of those! :smiley:

Anyway, I’m looking for a 4hr/1hr wick at the moment…

Last night I also closed with a few pips when PA stalled. Woke this morning to see I could’ve-should’ve stayed long…
I’ve jumped in and out a few times and picked-up some nice runs.

[I][B]Looks like we’re in some bizarro pre-news PA![/B][/I]:eek:

My daily R3 is up around 1.6732, might be the next target for a bounce!

Great forex strategy! I’ve never really thought about using Bollinger bands before. Actually, I get automated signals so I don’t do much manual research. I’ll try this and see how it works for me. Thanks a lot!

4hr forming a nice wick now… [B](edit: was forming :))[/B]
Tempted to put a short on…just waiting for Bernanke to push his BUY DOLLARS button :slight_smile:

looks like it wants to try 6750-60