Bollinger band trading with MAs

SM,
Good point.This makes lot of sense than just basing analysis of trend on one indicator as i did.I will still try to go through this very well.
Thanks.

Pivot Point Calculator: Free Online Calculations of Forex Pivot Points

PS GU pivot points, at least PP, R1 & S1 have been pretty reliable lately too!

Because big players use them in their play book. :wink:

But you need to calculate them yourself with the correct price data from 5pm EST = OPEN - 5pm EST = CLOSE the next day with extra caution on Sundays.

If calculated with the correct data those S&R lines beat hand drawn S&R lines any time of the day.

And there are more then daily S&R lines. 1.6310 is another S&R line resulting from such calculations with correct price data.

Care to look where GU is bouncing against right now? :wink:

PA looks to have bottomed out for now… so I expect a retrace. Placed a few quick 5m TF chart longs for 10-20 pips. Am looking to the 4h TF chart for a 2:1 boll flat bottom/ step across before committing to a longer trade though. :slight_smile:

RC,
Already done so in 5m.Thanks for the information though.How do you use 2:1 in 4hr TF?

Hey,
Thanks for this.I have been looking for it for a while.I guess i was looking in the wrong direction.

On the 4h TF chart place a 2:1 boll. You will notice that when PA changes direction it will wick outside of the 2:1 boll and step inside the 2:1 boll tunnel… this will cause the 2:1 boll to flat top/ bottom (dependant on direction of course). This usually happens in conjunction with a new candle which forms part of the flat top bottom on the 2:1 boll or the step across.

See attached chart… might need to expand to 200%. Highlighted green is 2:1 boll… notice the flat top/ bottom with wicks before change of course.

Pretty cool.Thanks for this.I think this is accurate.And i also extrapolate it with other time frames of 1hr and Daily and it seems to apply well too.With 5% margin of error,this is pretty much reliable.

By the way,this reminds us that we still need an experienced trader like you in this thread.Dont leave us alone after Xmas.:slight_smile:

The U.S. dollar rose on Tuesday to the highest level versus the euro in five weeks and gained against other major currencies, as worries about high levels of debt in Greece and Dubai led investors to buy assets that would offer protection in a crisis… [B][U] more information about Forex Update forex-ctn.blogspot.com

He’ll be in the south of France somewhere drinking wine and playing boules :smiley:

If the pits figure S&R differently than retail, I’m glad I refused to use S & R. :slight_smile:

This is an interesting take on trades when the angle of the bollinger band is quite steep. I suspect the entry is not as efficient as using the step across 2:1 on the higher TF charts but is worth a read for those interested in application of inside bars (as an extra confirmation if you need it)
Inside Day Bollinger Band Turn Trade

Oui SanMiguel, j’ai un vignoble de sept hectares a l’exterieur Perpignan. Je vous enverrai une bouteille de maison. :slight_smile:

Set a sell last night I’ve held until now, at just under 1.633. Almost 60 pips gain, cautious of a massive retrace in the near future. EDIT: Just closed at a 90 pip gain in the 1.632 area after resistance started forming. May go on down to the bottom Bollinger on the Hour in the 1.62 area. Watching, but doubting. :cool: :smiley:

A good read SM an excellent indication of reversal in addition to the 20:2. What I particularly like though is the clear examples in the article to longer TF charts. 1h chart as minimum and day TF and up. My preference is day chart managed on the 1h chart… might have already mentioned that a few times before. :smiley:

I notice you mentioned a 3d chart recently, do you keep that one up or just switch over then switch back to your daily?:slight_smile:

RC,
Une bouteille de maison ou d’une bouteille de vin. Quoi qu’il en soit, bon pour vous.vous ont travaillé dur pour arriver là où vous êtes et vous méritez de profiter du fruit de ton dont labor.Just oublier des gens comme nous qui veulent apprendre de vous.

SM,
Haha.You got it. I just keep laughing anytime i read this.RC seems to be in love with France.

House wine. :slight_smile: Seems to be in love with France amuses you huh? :slight_smile: I’ll take no truck from a citizen of a country which exports MacD, Burger King, KFC and Subway as their flagship gourmet eating experience. :smiley: Also married to one of their prettiest. :wink:

Monitor room permitting I have 1h, 4h, day and week (sometimes split the difference and will put up a 3d). I look to what PA does on each TF relative to the 20:2 and one we have not mentioned the 10:1. If PA breaks the 1h, I look to the 4h and so on and so forth. 10:1 seems intent on crashing through the 20:2 on both the 4h and daily at present. Saw this coming since 03/12 on the 4h TF chart.