Bollinger band trading with MAs

The price is stuck can someone give it a kick to the north please!

We got a little UK news coming in at 4:30 EST, the producer output prices and producer price index, I’m not expecting a massive reaction, but if they are worse than expected a slight to moderate move down could occur. At 8:30 EST we’ve got import/export prices and retail sales for the USA coming in, so, if better than expected another possible move down. Then at 9:55 EST US consumer sentiment, so, I’m kinda leaning toward a continued downward movement. :slight_smile:

WOW!!! Talond,so you are redneck!.I rest my case.

RC,
My president deserves a Noble Prize to some extent.The folks who gave him are not fools.Afterall,he is far better than “W”.

More interesting thinking flowing from an obvious master of yet another subject. I knew there was a far deeper reason for you to be expecting magical economic recovery than masterful calculation of data. I suppose you think that Al Gore deserved his Nobel Peace Prize as well. Anyway, enough of this, I’m guessing a small turn upwards from Euro/London open until Japan close. Setting things up for the economic data releases for the UK and US today. Mainly US. I’m expecting retail sales and consumer confidence to be a little better than expected. Government spending and the Cash for Clunkers program boosted the GDP so, I expect other data to follow it up a bit, but, we’ll shall see. Obama’s poll numbers amongst voters is the lowest at this point than any other president, so, consumer confidence could be affected. I’m not going to trade any, but watching like hawk. :cool:

Hey,
Well,I am not a fan of retarded W.(In case some folks who dont understand who W is.He is George [B]Walker[/B] Bush)

On economics data, i could not get enough data for retail sales as at this time.But i was expecting an improvement in sales based on the little data i got.

See, Cash for Clunkers dont necessarily boost GDP overall.You know why? It is a defered sales. You retrieved money from 4th quarter to 3rd quarter and they called it sales.Cash for Clunkers would have been a success if it is sustainable for ,say, a year or 18 months to stimulate the economy and this in turn will have multiplier effects on the economy as a whole.
Obama economics team designed this stimulus to last for one year but they underestimated how quick folks could snap free money ($3,500 to $4,500) .
Congress originally approved $1 billion for this program but the money was quickly exhausted. Later, lawmakers approved an additional $2 billion for the program, intended to keep it alive through the end of the month. That money was borrowed from another stimulus program, a loan program for green energy projects.

When you stimulate someone to buy sometimes(e.g car) within a particular quarter,you are essentially retreiving money that was supposed to be spending in the future quarters to the present.That is not the best way to stimulate economy because it was unsustainable.
You should not be surprised that the sales of car would be flat in the quarter followed Cash for Clunkers.That stimulus money is prodigal.
Greetings.
John.

Wow, thanks for clearing that up, without your expert advice me and countless others would be lost. By all means don’t get insulted by the experts here and leave. I for one will fall into a catatonic state and cease to function. Let alone trade currency. Thanks. :cool:

how is that different from a regular ma?

Try putting both up on the same TF chart. You will see LWMA (Linear Weighted Moving Average) is much quicker to react to PA than Standard Moving Average.

I was not making a political comment.:slight_smile: Just thought the irony of the BBC headline given the occasion and award was beyond belief! Didn’t see the actual piece… was still rolling around on the floor in hysterics :smiley:

I saw it too on the BBC website.I just didnt pay attention.

Did you get my e-mail?

while I’m valiantly refraining from getting into anything political. I met ‘W’ in person and he’s d@m sight better than some of the meatballs around here.

Its all to be taken with a huge pinch of salt anyway… didn’t Nobel invent TNT and run a huge explosives factory. :smiley:

Yes just picked it up… I’ll get back to you. :slight_smile:

Refering to a long since passed email or two Mike… are you making reference to meatball or the UK version? Just kidding. :smiley:

I see PA is getting close to a possible breach of the illusionary 1.6310 area. :slight_smile:

Hi, R. yes, that reference was for your amusement, I didn’t think anyone else would get it. lol :smiley:

When you say 6310, you mean the average price? I see price went above that and retraced. you think it will head on up from there?

If PA can break and remain above the 1.6310 to 1.6333 area then my monies on a new uptrend. Looks like it might just do it. :slight_smile:

Just bounced up off of a combination of the middle bollinger line on the 15, Hour, and 4 hour, and the bollinger bottom line on the 5m and 10 minute. It’s going to take some serious bear action to drive downwards through that combination. I don’t know the reactions to US data releases yet, but my guess is it’s not going down through all that unless something wildly unexpected happens with retail sales coming up. I’d like to go with Robert on this one, but I’m going to predict a range mess until close unless retail sales data freaks a bunch of people out. In that case a small drop. :smiley:

well I have a buy going with enough of a SL for a small drop. We’ll see…

Yeah, like I said I don’t know jack about US data releases and the reactions they get, but based on the GDP data, my guess is as expected or better. If they are worse than expected, wouldn’t surprise me much, considering, if you know who and what I mean. :slight_smile:

Have moved my SL inside my 1.6234 long and am happy to let it run. Having better luck on my long on GY at 143.88 placed around the same time. :slight_smile: