Bollinger band trading with MAs

RC,
While i agree with you on this issue.I am interested in how each one gets these figures.How do your software calculate it? I happen to be the type of person who likes to know the source and the fundamental of things i am interested in.
John.

Frankly, S & R lines based on the “big boys” calculations would work best in the longer time frames, because my thinking is that big money is more involved in the 4 Hour and longer frames. Does this sound correct, Robert? :slight_smile:

How far did the big players pushed price 20 min ago?

[B][I]1.6317[/I][/B] :cool:

It won’t be the last time and it isn’t the first time that it happened. Bands in conjunction with those [U]carefully[/U] calculated S&R lines are a very profitable play.

Yep large movement upwards, did your candle actually hit 1.6317 or just above it at 1.6320, because that is as low as mine went? :slight_smile:

My candle hit 1.6317. My TP in those S&R plays is 3 pips below / above those S&R lines. My reverse play got triggered as well. I am taking the ride down and I took it up from 1.6259 +Spread. The 1h 3:20,2:20 outer bands are closing in.

Sorry, got a bit confused, I see where it hit 1.6317 now. I’m very busy at work and am only a 25% here right now, but I am in, a bit premature, based on the 1 Hour upper bollinger @1.62893. Should have got in on the upper bollinger on the 4 hour. Awaiting a drop. :slight_smile:

Care to share the dates on the High/Low/Open/Close you used above to get these calculations? My calculations were spot on for Friday, but I’m off somewhere right now. As I figured I would be Friday, come Sunday. :smiley:

Good start to the week. currently +60 from the top of the 1hr bollinger (timed entry on the 10m chart).
PA looks good for the move south so I’m holding on for the bottom band at present.

55pips in the good here SanMiguel, we made almost the same trade. Getting resistance at the center line on the 1 Hour Bollinger(at least when I was typing this, now the bottom bollinger on the 4 Hour). Should have been a better entry, but having a busy night at work, very distracted. I’m thinking a further move down when London comes on, but manning my stop loss closely. :slight_smile:

Care to share the dates on the High/Low/Open/Close you used above to get these calculations?

OPEN Sun, Dec 13, 5pm EST 1h candle
HIGH Fri, Dec 11, 4am EST 1h candle
LOW Fri Dec 11, 10am EST 1h candle
CLOSE Sun, 13, 4pm EST 1h candle

Should have got in on the upper bollinger on the 4 hour. Awaiting a drop.

For three hours GBPUSD danced to the drop tune real sweet. Very profitable play that was for me.

No wonder I was off, I was doing the daily time frame. That’s what happens when you try and do too many things at once. Still yet though. 60 pips in the good even though I was distracted all night. Thank you. I’ll recalculate. :slight_smile:

I recalculated, me and you are a match on the High/Low from the Friday 1 Hour candles, but there seems to be a difference due to weekend trading. It’s the 1.6240 number on the Sunday the 13th Open/Close where we differ. That said, my UK Demo shows that trading started up for the banks at 1:00 pm Sun. 13th changing these prices both to 1.62485 if I use the 4:00 pm Close and 5:00 pm Open from Sun. the 13th. I see where you get the 1.6240, and we’d match up if not for the mystery banks FXCM works with trading on the weekend. :slight_smile:

I would say the majority of big money speculation uses 4h and up.

Much appreciated. :slight_smile:

[/B]
EU also hanging out near the lower band on the daily 20:2… Could be an interesting week or two! :slight_smile:
thanks!

On a shorter TF I think its going to be south tonight.

Because it’s at the upper boll and has been ranging?

Thats partly it Mike. But also on the 1h TF chart. PA has made several lower highs and the pattern looks fairly solid when dropping in a down trend line across the highs. Your thoughts?

In any event… I’ve taken a short hedge against my longer err long :slight_smile: at 1.6307.

I’m not sure what to think with this range that’s been going on for a week. I see it’s been headed down since about 17th Nov. Looks like reistance above it and not much of anything below it.

So you’ve got a long ?

Yes entered this morning at 1.6241. But currently hedging this position with a short at 1.6306 based on my previous post.