Bollinger band trading with MAs

Maybe this is the break south?!

My monies on a progressive dip to around 1.6278 - 1.6274.

Hehe… didnt expect it to be that quick… just left the room to take a leak. :D:D:D

RC - Is that based on the location of the mid 20:1 BB on 1h TF?

Yes and no… Pivot point is 1.6274.

Well current hedge -0.5 pips after eight hours… so its over to the London breakout unless Asian is going to make a significant break south? :rolleyes:

Damn… glad I trade the London - New York open. :slight_smile:

Yep. riding a short myself at 1.6305. EDIT: I got my weekly minumum 100 pips from this short. :slight_smile:

R.C. How’d you know that dip was coming? Dang I missed it. I have a sell, but was away and didn’t have a take profit set. and now it’s bounced back up. That’s me, always a day late and a dollar short.

That big move up is around 70 pips figure price will retrace 1/3 when the move is done, it did that right off but it never kept going up after that first retrace. I would bet on a second try to push the price down if its not going up. Thats my hind site 20/20 analysis. :smiley: I have been trading a lot of retraces lately if you get the end of first the move right it works quite well. The 20:2 and 5:1 are good at showing the end of a move.

My short was NY high and a hedge so no harm done. Could well have missed the drop with your entry on the Asian. Daily is up. 1.6276 was tonights low briefly :). We could be in consolidation and London breakout could well be up?

A good inside bar on the EURUSD as well. However, the bollingers are pointed downwards and it has closed beneath the support line.
Could be interesting today…

Thank you for this. Just locked in 50 pips on EU short.I guess i wake up early.

Figured I’d get the better of the Asian last night if it killed me… stayed up untill 06:00 ish and no drop. Finally called it a night and climbed the stairs and then it dropped. :smiley:

Lifted hedge at lower 20:2 boll on the 1h… on balance I think I’ll just hedge the Asian tonight and trade the London open. :smiley:

It’s a mess today.
Pin bars on the 1hr all over the place.

Was just thinking the same myself… think I’ll take my ball and go home. :slight_smile:

Bounce the Price song

Bounce the price, bounce the price,
On support, against resistance.
Bounce it low, bounce it high,
Bounce it right up to the sky!

Bounce the price, bounce the price,
On support, against resistance.
Bounce it here, bounce it there,
Bounce it outside anywhere!

Motto: Who Dares Wins or Hiding Under The Desk (Depends if today’s P/L was positive or negative).

RC,
Hahaha.i have been laughing since i saw this post. Please dont go home.You are essentially my mentor in forex and i owe most of what i know,in part, to your magnanimity.I was just luck to get that 50pip early this morning when i saw SM post. i never put EU chart on before.
So,dont go home because you never can tell anything about trading.Windfall can come anytime.
stay blessed.
John.

EURUSD has some nice flat 1hr bollingers at present, GU also.
Took the short down which hit TP1 middle 1hr boll and TP2 bottom boll.
Took the long with a late entry ond only hit TP1 middle boll and rest stopped out for break even.
This is a 10m chart, orange bollingers are the 1hr 20:2.

SM,
Thank you for this.Iam in it. I guess i will set my alarm to wake me for your early morning money machine.:smiley:
John.

Looks like today we are finally going to get a break out of range. :slight_smile:

I had the call correct for the BUY, just missed my entry hence…annoyingly TP2 wasn’t hit.
I’m looking for a scalp short but no grey candles yet.
RC - you think we’ll get a breakout on GU you mean? …presumable EU as well.