Bollinger band trading with MAs

ya about time too ive been hovering the same spot for like 6 hours lol, i took the trade too early :frowning:

Half a pip one way, half a pip the other… its like watching paint dry this time of year. :smiley: :smiley:

I had a trade open for 10 hrs I finally closed it for about 2 pips profit:D Anyone that knows how I trade knows 10 hrs is a long!! trade for me.

Got to ask… was that on the 1m chart? Sorry couldnt resist. :smiley:

Started out on the 5min:D then nothing happened:rolleyes:

The EUR/USD lined up last night on the Hour and I fouled it up placing my stop too tight. Live and learn. :slight_smile:

Andrew take heart were all crazy to trade over Christmas. :slight_smile:

Found Nassy’s site particularly useful though… aparently a ‘Feng phooey’ expert informs me the bow of my sailboat picture is facing out the front door and taking my money with it. Tacking to port now and coming about. :smiley:

Found out too that my chairs facing the wrong way… if I turn it around and lean over the top it radically improves my trading… OK I’LL STOP NOW! :stuck_out_tongue:

hahaha, both sound, practical improvements to one’s trading. :smiley:

Andrew take heart were all crazy to trade over Christmas.

I know I keep looking at the charts. all day I see a potential trade but when I measure the candles a 15min candle is like 3 or 4 pips. I finally turned off my charts and downloaded the latest version of the 3d modeling program I like to play around with. I think I will work on some art till the new year. or maybe learn some feng phooey.

I did manage to make some pips today eur/usd was bouncing in about an 8 pip range :wink:

Yeah, been in positive pips a lot since the market opened this week. Always set them to break even and let them ride out hoping for a decent move. Nothing. :cool:

I have a new strategy… since I always place my trades in the wrong direction… I turn my computer screen upside down. now I win them all!

:smiley:

I’d likely STILL screw up. hahaha :D:D:D

finally just decided to close my 3 shorts on G/U, +16 pips and minus about 3$ in swap LOL, id much rather be doing something more eventful, like watching paint dry.

Tests ones patience doesn’t it? :slight_smile:

ya it sure does lol i think im done til the new year unless i decide to trade E/U looks like its moving about 8 PPH (pips per hour) vs G/U .01 PPH :stuck_out_tongue: but well see

I tried that but I found it doesn’t work :mad:when you screen is upside down your trading USD/GBP
I wish it could be so simple:D

Yeah, decided to switch to EUR/USD due to low overall volume in the market. I needed to work on this pair a bit anyway. Been needing to study the correlation between GPB/USD, EUR/USD, and USD/CHF for a while. :smiley:

Now that much I do know… EUR/USD & USD/CHF is a pretty close mirror pair.

Trade on GU now been running 7 hours and… wait for it… BE! Thinking of keeping it running untill New Year. I know I’m reaching here but I dare to dream it might even make 10 pips! :slight_smile:

got a buy limit placed a couple pips above 1.4343 - a major pivot/reverse level stoch is already oversold and could very well pull out soon or since MACD is still going lower and recently crossed the 0 line price may hit the 1.4343 level before heading back up also on the daily chart stoch is now pulling out from oversold so well see what happens oh, using a 30 pip stoploss and aiming for 1.4374

LOL goodluck with that 10 pips id just take break even now or atleast set your stop to that, G/U isnt going anywhere