Bollinger band trading with MAs

[I][B]And Goldman Sachs![/B][/I]

I don’t know much about options, would call options be a cheaper way to do a longterm GBP, EUR, & AUS play?

wish i was home to go long on E/U at 1.4343

You pay a premium for options in advance. Premium depends on your broker and the beta at time of purchase.

Option plays is all about timing. You need to get the price at a specific day of the year spot on. Rewards are a lot higher than chasing pips.

On the other hand if you play key levels of GBPUSD for instance because you know GBP will go south to 1.45 you are a lot more flexible in your approach.

You are looking at 1500 pips potential profit per lot over a period of three month.

Stop placement would be critical.
Also exits and entries at key level LOWS for taking profit and adding lots.
Hedges for news prints.
You would need to plan your trade in advance.

Lots to think about.

I considered a hedge from that area and glad I didn’t. :slight_smile:

ya didnt go too far did it? lol stoch is goin up and MACD is flattening/reversin so i think 1.4404 will be hit but well see

Hi all,

I’m new to this entire forex trading. Have jus discovered this thread. and Carter, Miguel… interested in this boll trading. really impressed with the backtesting. Understand the gist but execution is another thing.

So would really like some advice on how to setup an effective chart for trade EUR/USD intraday.

Thanks

Thats me out then. :smiley: I trade the daily. Over to SM and others here.

I’m now trading on the 15min 5min and 1hr charts…

[B]AndrewS[/B]

Did you get my last PM?.. my internet is doing really weired things right now… must be the snow. :slight_smile:

[B]Sundolpn[/B]

Too short a TF (time frame) but I’m swimming against the current on this thread. :rolleyes:

i know… but i’m a little short on capital… so have to trade short time frame as a start…

Try trading the 1hr timeframes to start with but time your entries on the 10/15m chart.
I have a 120:2 boll on my 10 min chart (or 80:2 on 15m) and use that to guage when to enter.

Robert, no sir’ I didn’t, getting snow here too. Might want to resend. :slight_smile:

Doesnt matter what your capital is just adjust your trade size accordingly.

Yeah, a real man will trade micro lots if needed and learn to get the pips to fight out of a hole. Trading 1K per $100 is hard and slow right now, but it’s what seperates the wannabes from the real deal during the learning period. It’s easy to add money and accelerate profit per pip. Most are looking to get rich ASAP, and kick back like kings. My training account is $16, I fight on. Currently up 70+ pips. Add money when and as you feel confident. Start with $100 trading 1K lots and work your way up as you feel confident. :cool:

d-pip :slight_smile:

It’s all falling into place.

Have a look at this.

[URL=http://forums.babypips.com/analyst-arena/31600-greek-troubles-send-euro-lower-forex-trading.html#post160858

That’s perception management by the triangle Financial Media - Western Governments - Goldman Sachs.

The big players are positioned, already.

All what we need now is the news prints to turn the psychology.

And we are off. :stuck_out_tongue:

No wonder the majors are stuck in a tight range with Gold capped.

Remember 4 weeks ago? EURO was stucked in a tight range and then came those Bernanke FOMC comments. As soon as Asia openend the majors moved south against the USD with EURO leading. AUD and Gold followed.

So we are waiting for the news print to get this ship going once again. :smiley:

Got your trading plan sorted out? :smiley:

There are of course those who think the USD will crash and CHina will take over :slight_smile:

wake up only to discover that i have lost all the pips i made last night plus 10 on chf/jpy.NEVER AGAIN will i leave my trade open overnight…:(I am not sure Daily trading is for me.

Those ones will fill the pockets of Goldman Sachs and Co. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you are smart you make sure you got your trading plan, trading structure and rules of engagement in place to fill your own pockets, too.

There are a couple of thousand pips across the majors and AUD up for grabs in Q1.

You are either trading the trend or an intraday trader. I too was up 68 pips on CHF/JPY last night now its -5. I dont see this as a loss as I am trading the trend and the trade is still open… when I close it I hope to have made a good deal more than 68 pips. You must accept that PA will not track a linear path in a trend. :slight_smile:

You are right.I think the best way to trade Daily is either monitoring it or lock in your profit and close the trade when you are about to go to bed.Because it is insane to loose 68 pips at a go.