Bollinger band trading with MAs

Shr1k, I just noticed and posted a quick reply to your Excel question elsewhere. No formula posted but I may be able to help.

R.C. Weekly and daily looking good for a sell? Doesnt look as good on the monthly though?

GU that is

d-pip,

When a poster asks the question I will most of the time give him the indicators and the explanation of how I use them. I’ve also has a few e-mails so I killed two birds with one stone. So end of confusion.

Mike Parker didn’t invent Linear Regression Channels, indicators, Support and Resistance or anything else. He didn’t even invent some of the things that I’ve seen said on his thread or the idea of using some of the indicators he now uses. Mike is a very patient and excellent teacher with a very unique method of teaching. My interest was two fold in participating on his thread.

I was a stock trader first for decades with a fundamentalist attitude before also using the technicals. I had written dozens of EA’s and was searching for an expert’s explanation on the timeframes when I found Mike Parker’s thread. I found him very entertaining and he wrote with some of the tongue-in-cheek flair that I’m known for as well. I invented the Pipsville, Pipdom, Parker Castle and Mike’s use of the Trix indicator. He increased my knowledge and mainly my attention to reading the trends of each timeframe. Before his thread I just traded the Daily on the Forex.

Mike as well as others introduced me to the way they used different indicators. He suggested to me a way to trade the shorter time frames because of my saying I was bored. It was a blast and I made a little money doing it as well. My main money maker was the manually drawn trend line, manual support and resistance lines, Bollingers, Stochastic and the Trix indicators. I used LR lines for trend but drew my own top and bottom lines from highs and lows. I was trading the forex on Trade Station and looked at MT4 very little. I looked at the Bollinger Bands as the ultimate lines of S & R’s and still do unless the LRC’s are outside the Bols.

I have trained many of Mike’s pupils after they just couldn’t “Get It” and quit his thread. I didn’t find him that hard to understand but I wasn’t a Newbie either.

So if you want to call it Mike Parker’s Method I’m sure he won’t care too much and neither will I but I’m sure if you looked in the education section of Baby Pips or a book at Amazon.com you’d find all of the above. It’s not all that different from some of the traders here as far as how to “SEE” the market. There are a lot of questions I have about how the users of this method see things I call very important such as break-outs after consolidation periods or trend reversals.

This thread and its method are no different then many other indicator based trading threads I’ve visited. The real exception is how they look at it with a more in-depth knowledge of the Bollinger Bands. I always try to learn the other guy’s method because most will teach you something along the way. It’s not just studying indicators that starts you on the road to making money consistently it’s “Seeing” and learning the decisions to be made which are much more difficult.

Trade well and prosper,

Johnny

wellll, price bounced off the 20:2 boll on the 4h, its been oversold for a while, R Carter says its oversold on the daily, and looking at his charts it looks like his entry was right at a support level

If you are talking about my u/j trade. I got stopped out, then I reentered long. Every thing was still pointing to a long to me on the 1hr I held it back to the center boll (1HR chart)I did net a few pips over both trades.
I can’t pick the exact top or bottom every time:rolleyes:.

I don’t haves bols, stochs or an rsi on my chart, but what you say is accurate I’m sure.
I’m a big fan of lettng the chart tell me a story.

A big down flag, and three bearish engulfs in a row would be enough to keep me out of a long.
And since then, I see is it’s made a new low, never got to the top of the previous range, and is beating on that new low like a raindance drum,

But for all I know, it could take of like an F-16.

Just offering a different view:)

idk how to really view flags or any other pattern, its just something im not good at, theres too much difference between one flag to the next, overall its generic but every single time one occurs it is entirely unique which causes great difficulty for me whenever i try to establish chart patterns, but a different point of view is always good, two heads are better then one, usually lol

Absolutely!

A half hour from now, we’ll know:D

Something about those pesky interest rates that tend to stir things up.

LOL Look out below!

At least for a little while;)

lol glad i took some profit out when i did, now its time to scalp the trend :p, or atleast try to. may need to ask R Carter for some help now :smiley:

Just for the record, I have been watching the EUR/USD. Somehow I got my wires crossed.

You guys were talking about the EUR/JPY.

I apologize for any confusion.

My bad cap!

Cheers!

lol i got mixed up a bit too, must be my old age, after all i am 19 now:p

LOL I was talking about [B]USD/JPY[/B]
:confused::eek::confused:

man we were off :smiley:

I officially started trading today.Made 105pips in all.I dedicated it to R Carter,JohnnySmart and d-pip who provide great support.Also to other members of this thread who help me in one way or the other.
I m not like trader1000 who is ungrateful.I can assure you all that i wont blame anyone when i lose a trade because you guys are goodhearted and have good intention.I believe that you win some you lose some is life.I wont win all the time and i wont lose all the time.

If i have know you all directly,i wont mind buying beer to everyone.:D:D:D
Thank you all.
Jimmy.

you can just mail me the money for the beer and ill buy it :D?

Hehehe.You are too funny.Okay.Sound like a plan.:D:D:D

Always have a few cases of Fullers ESB to hand. :slight_smile:

Anybody been trading GU these last few days on the 4h? Could have retired on the pips. :smiley:

Right hand chart… might need to expand to 200-500%

My trading is on hold for a little while. It’s hard to do from work and the computer at home has crashed :frowning:

i stepped away from G/U, it looked very strange. btw what are you using to trade now? i dont see a 20:2 boll there, looks like those LWMAs again.