Bollinger band trading with MAs

Hello SanMiguel,

Yes the EURAUD certainly has been active but it looks a little pooped from the downhill run. Gold is the thing to watch on that front. If it explodes we’ll give the downhill another run.

The USDJPY it’s own downhill for the last 12 hours. Much better action there.

Must be Robert is too busy counting his pips of late to post. Either that or he stayed too long at the Pub celebrating.

Happy trading,

Johnny

So you guys are saying we should keep an eye on gold as that’s the fastest ‘mover’ ?

Best Regards,
Matt Jones .

Yeah.I thought as much.Today is my best day trading so far.Made 260 pips on GU.I know it is pale in camparison to the big guns here.But i am happy and grateful to all these who helped me with tricks,tips and systems.
I need a nap.
Greetings.
Headmaster.:):):slight_smile:

When the NY session is cooking, gold is a wild ride.

20+ pip moves in a minute or less aren’t uncommon.
Fun to play with in demo, but quite harrowing on a live account.

I have actually been long USDJPY since 89.00 but it’s not the quickest moving pair. YEN is fundamentally quite weak at the moment.
If we get to 92, I will be interested to see what happens but it’s peircing the top of the Daily bollinger at the moment.

I agree that the YEN is really weak at the moment.

Best Regards,
Matt Jones .

For those looking for an alert. Try this one for the Bollinger. It’s called the BB-PRC Range which alerts when the PA has hit the Bols Upper or Lower Band. I’ve included a bunch of other Bols indicators as well like the Bols squeeze indicating when you should not trade because of consolidation.

Happy trading,

Johnny

BB-TSI_system.zip (4.95 KB)

Good to see you’re still with us! :slight_smile:

Johnny,
Thank you as always.I may have to fed-ex beer to you sooner than later:D:D:D
Greetings.
Headmaster.

Hey Johnnny,
I am unable to attach these indicators to the chart for some reason.I dont know why as i after changing the files to mq4, they are still not working.Any help?
Thanx.
Headmaster.

What do you mean you changed the files to mq4???:eek:

Johnny

SanMiguel and R Carter,

Since you two seem to be the leaders on this site I wonder if either of you ever heard of using a bollinger within a bollinger? I ran across this indicator and it looks like dynamite.

Johnny

I think the use of multiple bollingers is in here somewhere.

What is the EXP extension ?

extensions are: mql exp…

It is for Metatrader 3.
Not for metatrader 4.

It should be converted for MT4 … but it will be MT5 may be soon so …
maybe… Thanks

Yeah.I renamed the files to mq4 as the metal trade 4 could not read mql.Despite the fact that i renamed it,it is still not working.
Greetings.
Headmaster.

Ninety9,
Thanx so much.I changed it to mq4 as well.But still it is not working.
Any idea?
Greetings
Headmaster.

TalonD,
The EXP extension is mql.And i changed it to mq4,still not working.

I believe you have to compile it and that will produce a compiled version that has an extension of .EX4

Once it’s in the EA folder or Indicator folder, You double click on it to open it up. Then there should be a button at the top that says Compile and you click on that to compile it.

MT4 can not compile this files since they where for MT3. For MT4 the extension has to be mq4.
Sorry