Bollinger band trading with MAs

it’s simples for Robert. He has the Midas touch! could probably trade blindfolded with no charts and still make pips! :smiley:

Do you wait for a close to confirm the color change? And, I can already see some differences between on HA, hopefully its nothing too big lol.

RC, what do you use in those instances to determine your stop?

Interesting picture there MerchantPrince!

Robert if you are trading on the 4hr does that mean you don’t have to stay in front of the charts all the time? Do you leave it unattended? Do you leave trades open overnight? over weekend?

Sounds good, by the way, I have 5$ down saying you can trade blind folded and without charts.

When do you look to exit? when candle changes back to the other color?

Why did you close today’s trade? I don’t see a color change going the other way. You just didn’t want to leave this one overnight mabye?

Just wondering how you decide when to exit.

ok, I see that. But also I see about 8 hours ago on the 1h there was one bear heiken ashi candle but no exit there?

Robert,

Have you tried using the HA on more then one chart?

Example: 4/29 GBP/USD Color change close values

M1= 01:12 = 1.51491
M5= 01:15 = 1.51640
M15= 01:15 = 1.51819
M30= 01:00 = 1.51819
H1= 01:00 = 1.51962

Difference M1 to H1 47.1 Pips

Johnny

Haven’t heard from Matt. I was just bein friendly so maybe he’ll respond.

you closed you trade this afternoon. I’m guessing you’ll be up and trading sometime around London open tomorrow and back into a trade?

I was looking at the HA candles on the 1hr chart back some time ago. Maybe it’s time to start looking at that again on the 4h.

Here’s a picture. The yellow lines are 7sma rather than your 2lwma. notice how when it’s trending the price hugs the yellow line. and when you want to get out is when its starts filling the space between the lines and hitting the other side. Standard 20:2 bollinger.
also the volume lines at the bottom makes it easy to see where the different trading sessions are, Europe and America vs. Asia.

Robert,

Thanks for your response. Your right on the lower time frames and that is why I have multiple charts. I don’t stare at the chart and have alerts set. What settings for HA do you use?

Thanks,

Johnny

Mike,

Nice chart. Here is a HA Smoothed chart with something added that you and Robert might like to use to keep you in the trade longer. Look at the Light Blue line. It is a Gann indicator which I find useful. The S&Rs are the Bols-20-Aqua, Keltner-20-Red, Price Channel-20-Magenta and the Shi Channel MTF-240-Yellow. The volume and time indicator is by Tro.

Johnny

Robert will you trade this today since it’s Friday? You’ll only have maybe two 4h candles before things start slowing down for the weekend. Well that’s from my Eastern Standard Time perspective. You’ve got maybe an extra 4h candle being on London time.

Hi HelloGoodbuy4201,
Did you happen to check out your EA for the trade and close issues you had stated? I’m curious about what you find. Thanks.

I see where you got this short but, for me this wasnt a valid trade because the HA didnt change colors on the 4h yet. Maybe this is due to difference settings or broker price differences?

hellogoodbye4201,

I don’t know if you’re still using the Shi Channel LRC but it will show you the direction as it did here.

Johnny

Nah, I stopped using them. I had too many indicators making my charts a mess but, based on what R carter has shown about how to use this I see where he got his short at, and an optimal short setup but, the HA that would have triggered the order remained bullish while (I’m assuming) R carters has changed to bearish.

Mike, is that volume indicator a standardized indicator that might be available for the platform RC and I use (TS II)?

it’s the volume in metatrader. pretty obvious from the peaks and valleys where volume increases during the day and drops at night. or I should say Europe vs. Asia.

You can see a noticable volume pattern all the way down to 15M

Makes me wonder what effect that has on VSA traders.

R Carter, how well do you think your HA strategy will work on other pairs?