Bollinger band trading with MAs

Just started using marketscope :stuck_out_tongue: its pretty nice. too bad you cant have anything smaller than a 5k demo :confused:

Marketscope is the catā€™s ass. I only use MT4 for charting with custom indicators not available in Marketscope - and when I need another set of charts in a separate window.

Sure is a quiet dayā€¦ anyone trading at all :confused:

I have too many irons in the fire, havenā€™t done much trading this week but what I did do turned out ok.

I know not much going tonight on Baby Pips no flame wars or anything:rolleyes:

I took 4 mmtt trades earlier at the open of the Asian G/U, G/J, NZD/USD and AUD/USD I took about 70 pips. I dont hold those trades like the other guys that trade that method. So for me 70 is pretty good:D

Iā€™ve been wanting to do the MMTT thing for a while but want to do it on European open rather than Asian. And I was thinking it might be a good idea to combine that with Gravitonā€™s 5 lot method.

What method is that? the 5 lot one.

nevermind lol found it

I am done trading for the week!
You guys want to see something crazy??

This is not a $10 account like last time this is 4 figures for me thatā€™s real money.
This is MM,OB/OS a few MAs and taking profit early and often;) RCarterā€™s and Ruiā€™s MAs on high and low and a 20:2 BB are all the indicators I use. The method is the one I laid out a few weeks ago.

The MM scheme I explained a few weeks ago will allow up to a 14% draw down between resets with my settings. I am using a 4% loss limit and a 10% gain as reset points. Only in a specific situation could I lose about 14%( I try and avoid a 14% draw down!!). The thing this chart shows that I am happiest with is about a 14% draw down not higher. I found it much easier to stick to the plan when that draw down is a real chunk of change.

That is nice.
What happened May 24th?
I have no problem with 4:10 like many will complain about, the R:R is sound just that you absolutely need to kn ow what you are doing for that, it is not for newbies.
However, the win:loss is 1.05:1 so the main chunk of profit is taken in the win ratio not the RR?

Great stuff, dude! I have to say after several reads of your MM document it finally clicked for me. What was throwing me was the confusion from how you actually manage the trades ā€“ by looking at the account balance itself in relation to your spreadsheet. Once I figured that part out I realized what you were doing.

Even though the MM system is a marvel of super-aggressiveness (which I like), you arenā€™t likely risking more than 1% trade or 4% per day/session. The trick is knowing when to use the dayā€™s profits to go for the larger lots to hit the 10% mark. And you only need one good day to cover two really bad ones.

Regardless of the MM, you must have a system with a good win rate down, I would think, in order for any of this to work. But I have been thinking about your MM obsessively the past few days. :slight_smile:

What happened May 24th?

I was up almost 10% in a series of trades then I lost a bunch of trades I reached my loss limit. I am not sure how MyFXbook calculates the metrics my calculation are always a little different. If I use my high balance on the 23rd to my low balance on the 24th I lost 13.2% nasty but within my plan.

The nice thing is with my broker I have flexibility in trade size so if I ever decide my loss limit is to high I can scale it down.

You made some good money huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

Man no one posts here anymore :confused:

Heyya Scoob!

Need some company?

Hopefully Sir Robert didnā€™t ride off into the sunset on his mighty steed;)

SOMEBODY needs a scooby snackā€¦Heh

You dont post your strategies either Mr. Scoob.

Certainly doesnt invite peeps to try them out.

I did read where you said it was mostly S+R lines and such, so not neccessarily a strategy per se, but maybe you could post your screenshots after you buy/sell and then the finalized screenshot after you close up.

You could point out the reasoning for the buy/sell and close of the trade.

Just thoughts.

Red

Lol, Iā€™m not sure if or when RC will post on here again. Iā€™m sure heā€™s still reading the forums though.

San, you know you can put JBS on your ignored list and he canā€™t post here any more, you choice though.

Iā€™ve been flipping through systems for a while to try and find something I like the most so nothing to really share much. Some of the systems have worked, some not so much. Read what RC posts, heā€™ll point you in the right direction. San also has a good strat goin on as well though I was never able to fully pick up on it.

Because it is harder for me to be home at the moment the linear regression lines match up, i have to mess around with the lower timeframes.

If only you could live on 2-4 hours of work and go full time forexā€¦sighā€¦

So my messing around is with 15m and 5m and 1m. (dont tell RC 'bout that 1m, I appreaciate his help and dont want to discourage him :wink: )

It seems that when I use Sanā€™s bollinger bounces + 5:1 Rcarter Bollingers coming around the outside of the BB and into the BB, it really seems to give da pips.

The shi channel that JohnnyB posted is also quite worthy of exploration.

I did pick up from mpā€™s not secret secret thread, the zz semaphore stuffsā€¦and for small pip gains, it does help to point out retraces and thus exits/entries a bit.

San Mā€¦Yes iā€™m going through the thread a 2nd time, at about page 371 or so, and just about finishedā€¦I had toā€¦cause when I started, I had about this much knowledge.

Imagine something very smallā€¦:wink:

The second reading, I take notes, strategies and thoughts bout everything.

My understanding has improved as well as my vocabulary and working knowledge.

This has increased demo pips and given me a lotta confidenceā€¦couple days ago I made 'bout 30 pipsā€¦lower time frame nonsense of course, but i can scale up as i gain further experience and full days off.

A fun side noteā€¦Worked 17 hours last monday, came home 6am, got 3 hours of sleep and the landlord was a knocking. Told me he was demolishing my room tommorow all early like, and as such ā€˜get outā€™ā€¦or similar words.

So i had 1 day to move my stuffs and find a place.

The demolishing started around 7am the next morning, as i got a chance to sleep there, one more night like and then I was out.

I think the uncertainty of life, is the only certainty.

Red

Donā€™t worry about which TFs you use, aslong as it works for you thatā€™s what matters right? Though, I donā€™t really see a point in trade the 1m because I think 5m is low enough. I see 1m as random noise pretty much. Maybe you could try 1h 15m and 5m?

I pretty much trade the 15 min and 1hr. I pick pairs and direction based on daily and 4hr. I look at 2 sets of charts as I trade the main one is mt4 I look for all my set ups with this. When I go to place a trade I of course I can see my brokers chart. Its a 15 min chart with a 5:1 bol on it I pick my exact entries from this chart. What price is doing in that 5:1 bol gives me a pretty good idea what a 5min chart would look like. I hardly ever look at a 5 min chart.

Well another thing to remember is ā€œIf itā€™s not broken donā€™t fix it.ā€ If it works for you then great, doesnā€™t matter who it works well for aslong as it works for you right?