Bollinger band trading with MAs

No Tang, you should definitely take that AU Short because when I look at it based on what I was told to look for it looks like a Long to me, as well.

And you always want to take the opposite of whatever looks correct to me. I’m a 100% perfect signal service in that respect.

Can you post a chart. I can not see that USD/CAD trigger at all on my charts if anything that price looks like its closer to the high daily 2period MA. The weekly chart shows the MAs almost flat to me. I am not sure why our charts are so different.

LMAO!

Dunno 'bout that;) You can’t ever be wrong 100 percent of the time:D

I don’t get this? A/U is right at the high MA on the daily What do you see on your chart? The weekly is sloped up some but its pretty choppy.

I personally wouldnt be trading AU, I dont see a clear trend in it. However, I see resistance + price broke the daily 2 lwma high, near the resistance, so good short entry there.

Well, it was triggered (now ‘yesterday’) off the lower MA which at that time was 1.05183. I had placed all my trade alerts just before close of the Monday candle and that was the value of the MA at the time. The problem is I really can’t show you a snapshot of the chart at that time because the MAs have already moved, so this is exasperating.

I was not checking the weekly charts for any kind of indication, only going by the direction of the LWMAs as Robert mentioned he did. On the UCAD Heikin Ashi daily chart there had been an indecision candle followed by two bull candles. So I set an entry off the bottom MA for what I thought would be a good trade. It did go about halfway across the channel before falling back.

As we can see now, the candle for yesterday became another indecision candle and the HA candle for today so far is bearish.

I see a scalp at best, but probably a good one.

For the long term, there’s a big up flag on the daily, big ascending triangle on the 4 hour, and a healthy persistent bang on a resistance point.

That’s what I see.
All of that coupled together makes me short shy.

Of course, as I said before, take it with a grain of salt;)

My Daily candles close/start at 5:00 pm it sounds like yours go to midnight. That would make our charts quite different.

Again, I have not been checking the weekly but, yes, it seemed choppy. I also have the AU currently at the high MA. I was not planning to trade it. I traded it yesterday - was in fact my first trade this way - and at that time it was at the lower MA.

Yes, I see it has been kissing the 100 SMA for a few days now and agree it may chop a bit more before deciding what it wants to do.

As do mine.

I’m talking even more obvious than that, just draw a horizontal line across the high from yesterday/today, hits like 3 seperate times

I’m heading off to bed but I figured I’d give you guys something to chuckle at by sharing my current pending trade. It’s a Long off the AUD/CAD, set earlier today right as the Monday candle closed. My lower LWMA was at 091687 and, looking at the slope of the MAs and the previous Daily HA candles, I set up a Long with a TP of the other side of the channel (66 pips) and a SL set at about half that amount.

Enjoy! By this time tomorrow this will undoubtedly be another loss.

Persistence pays off Merchant Prince, and as long as you keep putting in that effort, you can do it.

And everyone here will help.

Red

maybe a dumb question but what was that big down spike early this morning?

Well here’s my ten cents… A/U daily and weekly PA nearer the top than bottom = no trade. I’d be waiting for a long entry at around 0.874 on the daily tf and 0.862 on the weekly tf according to my platform and set up.

Trader’s prerogative :wink:

Any thoughts about those entries - I know you use the LWMA of the HA candles, which may mean your entries are lower than the price LWMA.

I hesitate to reply San given my propensity for throwing in another idea. :slight_smile:

HA 2 LWMA hi/lo is the guide to entry. However if you care to put up a 2:1 boll on the HA hi and low (not daily/ weekly hi/ lo) you will see the following. The 2 HA LWMA hi/lo is in the middle of the 2:1 HA boll hi/lo. You will also notice that when PA is in an up trend price will hit the lower 2:1 boll higher band and resume long and when PA is in a down trend price will hit the higher 2:1 boll lower band and resume short.

Personally, I take trades off the above and not the 2 HA LWMA. I little more risky perhaps but often PA will not reach the 2 HA LWMA hi/lo before reversing.

Took EG Long off the HA LWMA low at .84395 last night, closed with a loss of -52 pips. My AUD/CAD trade tiggered as well, currently -8 pips; let you know how that does, but it should be funny to see if even a single one of these trades actually works.

I’m all for new ideas, just that they need to be applied one step at a time or it’s like running around like a headless chicken :wink:

Speaking of which, how different is the 2:2 boll on the above? Obviously the 2:1 is meant to contain about 68% of the PA, 2:2 would be around 95% but I doubt it’s far off from the 2LWMA tunnel.

Daily / Weekly? I have my weekly LWMA much lower.
EG is another difficult one as mentioned at the beginning of the week re lots of pairs reaching weekly SR areas and possible trend change points.