Bollinger band trading with MAs

That was at Frankfurt open wasn’t it? Hmm.
It was nice that my trade got stopped out at breakeven just before dropping 200pips. Really, thanks. :mad:

Good idea.
Any text book trades, we can stick 1 or 2 of them on the first 2 posts.

[B]Merchantprince[/B]

Don’t get dispondent it takes a while. :slight_smile:

Can I suggest you set up your charts as follows and try demoing it for a while, if you want to get the hang of this type of trading.

5m, 15m and 1h. On all charts LWMA set to 2/6/9 and 2 std dev boll (20 period).

Key difference here, don’t initially use candles but price line. This avoids the urge to follow candle formations. Just follow ma in conjunction with the bollinger and see where it takes you. You should quickly see the corralation between the price line and ma and price/ ma in relation to the bollinger, :smiley:

[B]R Carter[/B]

Did you change it to [B]2[/B] instead of [B]3[/B]…?

Or was it a typo…? :slight_smile:

[B]Merchantprince[/B]

If you do look to this set up you can clearly see where price broke the upper boll on the 15m at significant S/R and started its long track back down at 1.6379 to 1.6205 before a slight bounce before resuming the down.:smiley:

[B]CAS[/B]

2 or 3 their both fast and track the price line closely. I dont think it makes alot of difference?

[B]SanMiguel[/B]

Yes , it was. Didn’t notice any news.

Don’t know what was behind that one. It smashed through all S&R on it’s way down.

I am trading Crude Oil. Behaves better @present. :smiley:

btw: BB & MAs works perfect with Crude Oil. :slight_smile:

[B]Merchantprince[/B]

Personally, I use the 5m for boll bouncing when the bolls have leveled out and the 15m for an entry whilst looking at the 1h for strong S/R levels. I’m sure there are other ways but this works well for my style of trading. :slight_smile:

OK my read. Weve had the big drop on the 15m chart and 1h has some support. Ma’s on the 15m are starting to level off. Weve already had the fake bounce on the way down which is calssic on a steep ma. I am now looking for a possible counter trend trade to around the center line boll.

[B]Setup:[/B]
To the centre line bollinger on the 15min?

I have a possible support line at around 1.6160 but this is based from the body of the candles from the 21st. There are lots of spikes through it though.

[B]MAs on the 15min have now crossed:[/B]

[B]During trade:[/B]

[B]SanMiguel[/B]

Yep. I’m looking to the 15m for a counter trend trade. The center line boll is dynamic and will move down to meet an up trade if PA takes a slow up in any event. So my TP will be at center boll line.

[B]SanMiguel[/B]

But as always will manually move my stop in the direction of the trade accordingly.

The fake bounce…showing that there are some buyers in the area (or people taking profit)?
Or is it just an indication that the trend is slowing along with the flattening MAs?

[B]SanMiguel[/B]

Good question. On any big move you almost always see this kind of bounce! Probably buyers or in this case sellers getting out with a bucket load of pips. Personally, if I’m in and spot the bounce, I’ll bail out with them. :slight_smile: But then wait to see if the ma’s are really changing direction before entering a trade in the bounce direction (not usually a good move if ma’s are steep) or wait untill for ‘normal service’ resumes. :slight_smile:

OK re our knucke rapping by JohnnyBSmart. My trade went to 25+ pips (where if I were not such a greedy individual) I should have taken. Then retraced to BE now up +10. Looks like + 25 pips was the high point as center line boll is coming down to meet PA. You be the judge… good quick scalp or bad trade. :smiley:

R Carter,

Nice change Mr. Carter. I enjoyed your posts and I’m sure the newbies are doing double time looking at the charts. The answer to your question is yes I do trade the H1.

Wish I had time for a longer post but not today.

Trade well and prosper,

Johnny

+28 pips to center line bol and i’m out!:smiley:

Did you enter on the MA cross or the 2nd green candle (blue for you :))
I entered on the cross and just closed for +10pips. Bit of sweating in the middle :slight_smile:
I’ve stuck up some charts on that previous post to illustrate the targets, stops and stuff - check it out to see if okay.

[B]SanMiguel[/B]

I entered at 1.6189.

Ok, so you entered using the candle colour change plus entry on the subsequent bullish candle.
I was a bit later using MA crossovers (3 crossing the 14).