Bollinger band trading with MAs

only on planets that have a negative gravitational field… and forex

it’s turning a little horizontal on the 15m not sure how long I’m going to keep this sell open. the 1H still looks good, and we’re getting close to that time of day when things start to wind down for the evening. so may hold on to it into the Asian session. Looks real close to support area on the 4H though.

[B]JCGIBSON[/B]

Got to be quick… I’m out the door… Kids school meeting!

15m chart with 2/6/9 LWMA. Good S/R on 1h chart. Wait until all ma’s line up in one direction on the 15m and away you go! :slight_smile:

You’re not the only one who missed it and I even have a bloody alert for the MA crossovers :slight_smile: I was away from the computer. I didn’t enter after that because it didn’t feel safe near the support line, which got blown away after 30mins. Anyway, I have my +20 for today - tough luck I guess.

And why don’t that make me feel better?

Oh because I KNOW BETTER I have done it to mant times in the past.

Besides I was expecting it and watching for it and still went away from my charts.

and even worst I been sitting here with no trades in sight.

but I’ll keep waiting until There is a good set-up, no matter how much it hurts.:frowning:

John

It is a paradoxical but profoundly true and important principle of life that the most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that goal itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it. - Arnold Toynbee

Just be happy that you’re waiting for what qualifies as a good setup to you and most important you’re not chasing trades.
I know it sucks when you miss big move trades but there’s a good setup every day.

LOL, hey wait, that’s MY line! :smiley:

Sorry about that.:rolleyes:

Looks like we both came here form the same thread I still keep up on it, But all the good patterns came when I was sleeping. I’m having a better time of it with this thread. I am sure you will too, just have to get the hang of it.

I think I am starting to.

John

Still going down at this rate.

16032 and bounce maybe or is it going to the [I][U]1.6000[/U][/I]

John

I set my TP @1.5993. Lower 20 BB on 15m

Well as usual the Forex gods made a lair ont of me and split the difference

I am going to do something more relaxing Like jack up my car and replace the exhaust.

I’ll be back after New York is done messing with my head.

John

You mean you traded a bounce? Stick up a chart of where…

I guess we could have likely made 2-30 pips on that setup at 1915(1815GMT), which was almost identical to the 1st one RC traded today: fake weak bounce followed by a stronger one at 1915(1815GMT). I didn’t take it because by the time the MAs crossed, they were right next to the midline bollinger so the R:R wasn’t that great. I think maybe if you had taken the candle bounce, there was a bit more room. It was a bit far away from the bollinger bottom though - any thoughts people?
Mind you…this wasn’t really a day for scalp/bounce trades I suppose.

Asked this the other day and for the longer term trades it’s the 1hr cross I believe timed with the 15min. Otherwise the 15min is also used for the scalp type trades. So far, this usually amounts to when we’re at support or resistance, we can use the 15min to get a good entry with minimal stop loss distance when the MAs cross but I suggest you get RC to input something to this.
Remember to use the halves of the bollinger as a guide as well confirming the force of the trend, ie bearish or bullish - hope that made sense - ask if not.

I’ve printed off this thread and slowly started reading from the beginning but how do I bring up an [B]average [/B]price line on metatrader? I’ve got the current price line but a few of R Carter’s post specifically states the average price line.

No doubt its really obvious but I’m :confused:

Think of the environment :o

right click–>properties–>common tab–>line chart on the right.
You can select the colours you want as well.

Thanks. I thought it might have been that (honest guv!) but assumed it was the line graph charting current and historical rather than average price? But I guess it doesn’t show the highs and lows as Robert suggest we avoid…er, right?

I think I maybe overcomplicating the simple elements :o

NO I didn’t trade it I was just thinking it might bounce but more likely try to test the 1.6000 When I seen it did neither I
decided to get some things done around the house so I could trade tonight.

Or possibly take a nap and try to stay up for the London session.

Things just didn’t look good to me, I am through trying to force a trade.

It is either there or it is not.

John

[B]JCGIBSON[/B]

Didn’t you take that trade once the Ma’s lined up…?

Profit…32 pips. :slight_smile:

CAS

No my wife put me to work so I didn’t see that happen. :frowning:

Cas

I notice you mention this method works well trading oil. Does that make it particularly effective for currencies with positive correlation with oil such CAD?

R Carter - as the mastermind behind this system, you may also answer! :smiley: