Bollinger band trading with MAs

You’re being a fundamentalist aren’t you. :slight_smile:

[B]SanMiguel[/B]

[B]Fun ‘da’ mentalist[/B] Which bit? Fun or Mentalist? :stuck_out_tongue:

I use the 4h and up at work and follow other strats both fun and mentalist! :smiley:

Anyone in on the 5min and 15min crossover at the moment?
Apart from RC who’s in 3 times :slight_smile:

I am. I got in a little late though as usual. trying to keep an eye on it while doing my real job.
Dang this real job gets in the way

and… just closed that one at a loss
:frowning:

Hmm, mine was +20.
I’m holding out for the NY open before making any more trades.

By the way, here is that alarm signal I promised you for MT4.
It is set to use 3/6/9/14 LWMAs at present - if you want something different let me know.

It will send you an alarm for
MA crossovers, everytime price touches the outer bands, or everytime you get a possible 3 line whip trade.
If you just want the crossovers, then when you attach it change the alert settings to false:
CrossoverAlerts = true;
BandBounceAlerts = true;
ThreeLineWhipAlerts = true;

Link

Bollinger + LWMA crossover alert.zip (9.58 KB)

isn’t NY already open? Thanks for the alarm, hope that will help. in that last trade I did the sell but got in near the bottom, that’s my bigest problem, at work and not able to watch the chart and miss the crossovers, so hope this alarm helps with that.

got a buy going on right now from 1.5966 so far so good

Just remember that it will be a little more sensitive on the lower TFs.
And turn the other alarms off or it will be going off every quarter of an hour :slight_smile:
Let me know if there are any problems with it.

Aren’t they 4hrs behind GMT open at 0930am in NY?
Sometimes you get an immediate move then but in the last week or 2 it has been happening 30-60mins afterwards.

Careful of the resistance at 1.5987 - it’s been struggling there on the 15min for the last few hours.

yep, I get times and timezones mixed up. 4 hours difference from gmt. but doesn’t NYC open at 8am Eastern time? which would be 12noon gmt right?

Opens 0930 NY time, closes 4. That’s the stock exchange, og course trades could be opened before because FX is 24hrs but presumably that’s when a lot of the liquidity increases.
London opens at 8.

…unless things have changed recently.

when I try to open that zip file it says it’s not a valid archive.

aha, 9:30 to 4 stock market, now I get it.

Try downloading it for here - seems to work on my computer:
Link

Needs to go in the Experts/Indicators folder for Metatrader.

that worked, thanks !

I’ve got it on my chart. how does it alert? does it beep at me or something? if I have the chart minized on my screen?
oop, nevernind, I just heard it go off

Yes, it just a small alert sound and then there are some comments in the top left, which are changed indicating the alert and the time.
You can ignore some of the other stuff on it and the indicators in the top right if you want…it’s a work in progress…

It alerts when the 3 crossed the 14 but you can have this earlier if you want…let me know. I need to change it so the settings can be picked directly really…

…and if it needs to be a different sound then that can be changed as well.

SanMiguel you wrote this crossover alert? so youre good with mql programming?

Hopefully :wink:

[B]TALOND[/B]

I feel I should explain what I was doing in my trading earleir on although it was outside of what were trying to achieve here. Especially as SanMiguel thought I was on the Vodka. :smiley:

The news spike was if you like a counter trend trade. PA on the 1h and 4h charts has been negative for some considerable time. So when PA went up by what I figured was roughly 50% of a possible move, I placed short trade. Then at intervals of 20 pips placed additional shorts (1.5920, 1.5940, 1.5960 and 1.5990) or there abouts.

When price entually came over for the inevitable retrace, it was simply a matter of waiting until BE at 25% retrace. Closed out at 20 pips past first short. Combined total + 200 pips.

It may well go considerably lower but I like to inter day trade. :slight_smile:

one thing confuses me about that, I don’t see that price made it up to 1.5990 unless its my alpari data feed.

SanMiguel, just sent you a pm, hope you don’t mind