Bollinger band trading with MAs

change the extension of .TXT to .mq4 and save it as mq4, make sure it has no .txt after the mq4. Then double click it, Metatarder compiler will open and click on compile. then you put this two files into your MT4 indicator folder and it will be there to be used. SIMPLE as that.

5 MA Exponential to the high, 5 MA Exponential to the low, works best so far as a tunnel.

How to add custom indicators to Metatrader 4 Charts

Perhaps it’s a language thing.

Nice trade.

Yep I missed it… strangely enough I don’t spend every waking hour on Babypips… compelling though it is. :slight_smile: Had you reposted or PM’d me I would have been only too happy to have obliged even though it was a question not related to this thread.

I use the 5:1 boll to both enter and exit trades but in conjuction with the 20:2 boll. I am looking for when PA either steps outside the 5:1 boll and or in conjunction with the 20:2 boll in the usual way. With S/R lines its a pretty reliable method.

But if it steps outside the 20:2, it’s already going to be outside the 5:1 as well so I’m not sure I understand how it serves an extra purpose at the bollinger extreme sin those cases :???:

The 1:5 travels outside the 20:2 and on top of 20:2. Sometimes the 1:5 splits the distance between 20:2 and 20:3. With the 1:5 in that position you are able to track PA movement very accurately. Because the 1:5 is very…very fast if set as recommend by R.C. As long as PA keeps travelling in area between 20:3 and 1:5 price is moving without retracement I noticed.

Also 1:5 allows for pin point accuracy in countertrade entries and exits. PA wicks on outer 1:5 you enter and exit on the opposite outer 1:5 as soon as PA touches it and wicks.

BB bounce entries are also more accurate. Instead of waiting for candle color change and losing pips on the wick you enter as soon as candle wicks and steps into 1:5 “tunnel area”.

This morning during GU breakout I counter traded the retracements with 1:5 on 15m as described above.

Wouldn’t have worked without the 1:5.

Point taken but thats just one example. When pa is in between the upper and lower boll bands the 5:1 is good for an early indication of directional change. Especially if your using the longer time charts and trades. You cited one example of how it serves to identify if PA had really come over the top in TalanD’s strat. :slight_smile:

Its boll within boll… 20:2 for overall direction and 5:1 for fine tuning.

Its also very good for the Asian where PA can drift around all night within a 20:2 boll. You can pretty much get away with just using the 5:1 at this time of night.

Last post honest… just thought of something else. :stuck_out_tongue:

If your trading off the 15m, then looking to the 5m gives laser accuracy i.e. quick 10-20 pip trades you would not have otherwise taken on the 15m.

This is the post where i asked for help.
"[B]RC,how do you get Regression line of 5 period if i wannna trade your system of Advanced Trend line? I am somewhat confused with this.Please help[/B]."

Now,how in the world is this post demanding? Can a thoughtful person say this post is demanding? I encourage you to go through all my posts in this forum and kindly show me any that is demanding.Mind you,i m more gracious and civil in my tone than most folks,even to the posts i directed at you.And if this is the way you cast characterise folks around you,too bad.

In this post you berate people for not answering your post and then tell them that because they didn’t answer they are not very friendly.
A simple friendly reminder would have sufficed. Perhaps, you didn’t mean it the way you wrote it…but that’s why I posted what I did.

RC,Thanks. And no problem. I have fixed it.

Well,where you stand depends on where you sit.And there are two sides to a coin.
This is not a berated post.And it is not brash like your earlier post.RC could have inadvertently missed the post.And an outstanding fellow(TalonD) was taken his time to walk me through the whole processing last night(And i am very grateful for that).Because of my earlier dealing with RC, i know that he has always helped almost everyone who needs help in this forum.He is more or less a mentor to folks here.That is why i drew his attention to my request.If it were to be a frivolous person,i wouldnt even pay attention whether he or she replied or not to my request.I am an American and i m very polite and gracious in my dealing with folks.And if someone casts aspersion on my personality,no matter who they are,you can be rest assure that i wouldnt take it lightly.
Thank you.

Interesting tactic :slight_smile:
You have the 5 tunnel applied to the close?
Presumably the exit is taken on a wick of the 5 tunnel because that shows it might not reach the centre line of the 20:2?

Regarding the middle boll crossover, are you still using the MA as the signal or the tunnel? For example, a short you could take the upper boll crossing down and over as the signal. However, that’s effectively a 5 MA crossing a 20MA.

Yep.

I go with this warning :D…as posted in this thread…

[B][I]Avoid trading in the “tunnel of 5” seems to be pretty good as a warning to be patient. [/I][/B]

It works for me. :slight_smile:

Just looking through the charts since Sunday, if I had taken every wicked candle that touched the 15min 20:3, the majority would have been positive trades. There are still a few that would not have worked out if they wicked and a trade was entered as soon as price came back inside the tunnel but it’s difficult to see now as the boll would have moved afterwards with the average. I can see all your successful retracements today :slight_smile:

Well there’s the 16:00 gmt dip on schedule. I wonder why that happens so often?

On the bb bounce what if there is a long candle that goes outside the outer bb band but it doesn’t have a wick or has a very small wick and the next candle is a color change ?