Bollinger band trading with MAs

[B]R Carter[/B]

Lighting fast…the difference is. :slight_smile:

What TF’s do you us 1:5 BB…?

Thx. :slight_smile:

[B]CAS[/B]
The 5m and 15m is all you’ll ever need. :smiley:

Avoid trading in the “tunnel of 5” seems to be pretty good as a warning to be patient. Of course if you trade “in your sleep” it will not help much. :slight_smile:

[B]Oskar[/B]

You can pretty much trade this strat in your sleep. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help.But it does not work as you explained it. I have been trying this for the past 30 minutes.
I need step by step to add this.

I don’t know your level of computer knowledge so I’ll have to ask how much you know how to do already so bear with me.

Did you download the file? Which one the zip or the .txt ? do you see the .txt extension?

Here I compiled it, when you unzip it, all you have to do is copy it into your indicators folder and it will appear in your list of indicators in metatrader. Do you know how to copy it into your indicators folder?

linreg 5 LRMA.zip (1.96 KB)

the pair has been ranging for a while now at the top of that up trend. I may give that 5 channel a try. I mentioned in an earlier post here somewhere about putting a 5 or 6 bb inside the standard 20bb on a 1h chart, which is something similar, I closed that chart and forgot about it, need to bring it back up I guess. As I recall I also suggested masking out the centerline of the 5bb to reduce some of the clutter. I may try the 5sma channel of that video though just to see how that goes. My 1h idea works pretty good except when it’s ranging like this, I guess that’s the drawback to MA systems. And that’s when you should trade the BB bounces right?

I did just as you suggested. Downloaded the txt.extension and changed it after saved it.

I just uploaded a compiled version, see my post up above. all you have to do is unzip that and put it in your indicators folder and it will show up in metatrader.

Really, i am convinced that this stuff is pretty simple. All what i ask for is the step by step to copy it to metatrade4.This will give me the chance to copy any other indicator i may need next time.
I dont understand the way you are doing it.

ok, so you have downloaded and unzipped it right? The one that I posted is already compiled so compiling is a step you can skip. So once you have it saved on your computer and unzipped it. Next step is to put it in metatrader, to do that you have to save it in the indicators folder on your C drive. The indicators folder will be found inside the experts folder, which is inside the folder that was created when you installed metatrader. You can use windows explorer to do all that. At that point it will show up in your metatrader along with all the other indicators that you have. and then you have to attach it to your chart. I don’t know what level of knowlege you have of finding folder and copying and pasting file on your computer so I don’t know which step youre having problems with. Tomorrow when I have more time I’ll do a PDF tutorial with pictures because I’ve had someone else ask how to do this so I’ll post it up for the benefit of all.
it’s gettin late tonight though

on the channel of fives thing, I had a little trouble with the envelop getting it to look like the one in the video. I’m hanging in there with my red MAs 1h strat but will take a look at this too.

I did a 21 period, deviation of 1 on the envelope and it looks pretty close.

Thanks so much. The problem is that after saving it on the C drive and i turned on my metatrader,it did not appear in it.So, there is no way to continue the process.I dont know why it failed to show on the indicator.That is what really confused me.And i tried a couple of times but still it failed to show up.
Further,i did not use the new zip folder you posted few minutes ago because i couldn’t open the zip.
Peace.

It is unfortunate that you ignored my question(post 1263). I thought you are an affable person.

I’ll do some better instructions tomorrow with pictures. but a couple questions first. the one you downloaded did it have the .txt on the end of it? and when you saved it on your C drive did you put it in the indicators folder for your metatrader?

RCarter uses Tradestation, it has the indicator already built in. If you put up a 2period simple moving average that’s fairly close to the regression line, not exact but close enough I think.

nite all

Im reverting myself back to Demo trading for a week if not more to refresh my skills and realearn the system and indicators…isnt that wondeful? lol
Mike G

Yes, very unfortunate.
Perhaps if you write more politely instead of demanding?
Post 1263 is not your post, which one are you referring to?

How are you using the 5:1 boll? Only for choosing whether to exit trades or not?

I am familiar with this double BB type setup.

I have tried it to set up a strategy using 20:2 and 10:1.9

The idea of smoothing the bands with a MA is a good one.
Now which to choose, sma, ema or wma?

I think it was 1262 and he did say please, and R.C. is a nice guy, I’m sure he just missed seeing the post.

I made 130 pips on the up move this morning. It still doesn’t make up for all the pips I’ve lost lately though