Bollinger band trading with MAs

Slow going…my London breakout trade hasn’t hit it’s T/P @S1=1.4784 yet.

Only trade I’ve placed all day. :eek:

Could you give me a quick run down on how to do that>? I just started using MT4 yesterday.

I made pips on my 1hr trade yesterday. But sometimes I get nervous and bail out. Robert said I would need steel ones or maybe titanium ones LOL.
This morning I was only looking at 15m and that always seems to kill me. Just a few minutes ago I decided to follow the 1h again and made 40 pips on that down spike. Was that news related? I just looked at forexfactory, they show more news items that babypips. and there are several high and medium impact news items. Is that why the pair seems so eratic now ? I’m out for the day. Overall my account balance is still down though.
give it another try tomorrow.

Mike my preference is the 1h chart. I have attached the settings I use. The 63ma will give ultra long direction of PA. The 20:2 boll intermediate and the 14regression fast. :slight_smile:

As per open and expand to 200%

You’ve said that quite a few times in the last few days/weeks :slight_smile:
What’s that advert…“listen to the voices in your head” :smiley:

SanMiguel, who told you I have voices in my head? I think they’re out to get me. LOL

but seriously, I know, I should learn my lesson!

Thanks Robert. My setup is pretty similar but I have the multiple red averages we’ve looked at before. The pair seem to be kind of ranging with that center pointed only slightly up at like 2:00 direction. That’s where my 1h doesnt’ do so well. I still made some pips on it today though but that was after loosing some messin around with the 15m this morning before work.

I’ll post a picture of a couple charts tonight…

I understand Mike. Its a difficult call. Actively trade the 15m (nice if you can sit in front of the monitors all day) or trade the 20:2 boll or simply follow the 63ma at 0.01% for weeks. :slight_smile: You could always try all three. :smiley:

YouTube vid

Thank you.

Here is an excel with a few useful calculators.

calculators.zip (3.31 KB)

I just watched that. Funy!! :smiley:

Here’s what I’ve been using lately, HA candles. Just experimenting.

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww32/talondesforges/ha-1.jpg

Hey TalonD,
I am having problem opening zip.I have never open zip in this forum.Dont know why.How about any other way to attach this excel?
Thanks

there are only certain file types it will allow for upload. I’ll change the file name to calculators.txt then when you download it you will have to change the name of it to calculators.xls then you should be able to open it with excel.

try that, let me know if it works.

Perfect. Work as you suggested.
Thanks.
John.

glad it worked!

Now someone explain what our pair is doing?

I still have half open from that last 15min wick on the 20:3 0830GMT.
It has broken past the up trendline from yesterday but there’s no real momentum to move anywhere.

I’ve got a sell right now based on my 1h, but there’s news in a about an hour so don’t know if I should stay in. There’s not a lot of clear direction that I can see.

I think the question for the 1 hour strat is can it withstand news reports and how many pips can it withstand. The major ones spike…what…say +/- 100 pips either (more sometimes) unless you get reports like last week when many positions are dumped.
The forecast for the Core Durable Goods Orders m/m is UP therefore stronger USD, therefore GBPUSD may continue down - in theory…ahem. :o