Bollinger band trading with MAs

Not me Mike… that was CAS… better ask her. :slight_smile:

[B]Discipline[/B], I think that’s the whole point!
It’s a Zen thing, the journey is more rewarding than the goal. :slight_smile:

thanks!

some strange GBP/USD action tonight, wonder what’s up. Central Bankers working late again? :smiley:

I’ve been making a few pips tonight trying to trade off the bollinger extremes. not good setups with the long wicks outside though. And not making much just a few here and there. It’s not quite as flat as some nights.

Hey talond you said you use Dealbook right? Do you ever use Slow Stochs at all/ know them at all? Im trying to figure out which settings would be 9period slow stoch k% with 3 bar smoothing? Would you know which ones to change for that since theres a few? thanks

Mike G

Hi Mike G. I’m using fxtrade with Oanda. Mainly only using their platform to make trades and using metatrader to do all my charting. I have a stochastic on a 4h gbp/usd chart. The settings are 10%k 4%D can’t say that I find it useful though. It’s been misleading lately anyway. Or else I don’t know how to interpret it, a distinct possibility :eek:

hmmm someone used dealbook. i know what i need numbers wise i just gotta figure out what the hell 3 bar smoothing is lol

RC,
I observe that there has been different parameters of BB,say, 20:1,20:2, from what you recommended at the inception of this trend.I am just wondering how do you guys use BB of 20:1,20:2, 20:3, and 5:1 on the same chart for trading?
Thanks in advance
John.

Usually when you open up the Slow stochs, it gives you the parameters that you can just enter in order 9,3,3.
In my experience, the stochs in Dealbook are slightly inaccurate when compared to other platforms but it’s minimal.
Again, you can try them on their forum - pretty helpful.

I’m up early. so what’s going on this morning ?

TalonD

Cable isn’t behaving itself this morning, doesn’t seem to know where it wants to go, maybe it’s the time change? You guys did a nice job with that spreadsheet! thanks for doing that, it’s really helping me understand the possibilities! :slight_smile:

thanks DPip, I was going to post another spreadsheet with some simple pip / trade size conversion calculations. Will try to do that tonight.

I was up at 3am EDT this morning and tried to trade a little, tried again this morning. Didn’t do so well. :frowning:

Man I’m trading [B]ugly [/B]today! Earlier I was down 34 pips… now down only 13. I’ve got to make up the 13 and book 20 by the end of the day so I can get my million! I thought focusing on just GBP would help sharpen my trading but today is seems the grass is greener over on EUR/USD…

Did you hold onto your 1hr trade?

Yeah san that I know im pretty sure I got the right parameters…Im still trying to figure out how im gonna get the MA of Momentum lol. That forum is very inactive.

Haven’t made 1 trade today - like watching paint dry :slight_smile:
I almost took that last 4 candle spike on the 15min but was a little late so didn’t enter - that would have been a nice 50-60 pips (4 spikes between the 20:2/20:3, tunnel of 5 moved back inside the 20:2 and flattened).

Posts [B]#1346[/B] - [B]#1348[/B]…that’s where you’ll find it… :smiley:

Yeah, you’ll have to bump your post up a little to remind them - there are only 1 or 2 main guys helping out there.
For some reason, GFT decided to write their own proprietary coding language in some ancient programming language that no-one knows. Basically, I only use Dealbook for trading, anything to do with ad hoc indicators, I design myself or find one online for Metatrader.

Do you have one for Metatrader? Cause I have that platform also i use for the ATR? Or do you think you could make me one? Thanks =)

Can you not plot it is a moving average in the MT4 settings?

Momentum - Oscillators - Technical Indicators - Technical Analysis