Bollinger band trading with MAs

Wise words indeed. :))

[B]R Carter[/B]

Thank you very much for your kind words. :slight_smile:

I give it my best. It cut’s out the regret part. I can always look at myself in the mirror and be at peace with myself because I did all I could do at a particular moment in time.

That’s the way I trade…some might call it hard work. For me it’s just how it is.

Your perception in regards how I look towards fools and praise is very accurate.

I am very grateful that our paths have crossed. :slight_smile:

GU just bounced off R1 @1.6472=1h outer 3:20BB. Fast MA on 4h SSD just crossed 80. 4h candle wicked @4h outer 3:20BB as well.

We wait and see…:smiley:

Cas,

A bounce off 1.6487 will complete the backfilling of the gap or whatever it’s called, not really a gap, single pass through…

I’m selling @1.6385, the london open swing low trend…
same set-up for EU sell @ 1.4717… lets see where we go

Edit: Going with a sell @1.6409 too!

Been stuck in between the 20:1 and 20:2 most of the day with a fairly gradual trend. What about if the PA moves below the middle boll then a good indication for a sell? I suppose the 1hr wick is a good indication but the scouting party beyond the last intraday high is interesting.
I don’t usually use this but the momentum 12 indicator on the 4hr charts has a break to the north combined with the squeeze, although ATR has decreased from the last candle.

I am long since 1.6388…fourth candle London Breakout 1 Strat this morning…and I’m not intending to close position because momentum of price is UP…going conform with your observation.
Both MA’s in SSD have crossed 80 now.
I don’t see any indication yet to go GU short…looking @GU PA 1.6427 isn’t deciced upon yet…Support or Resistance…:smiley:

[B]What[/B]… please explain?

thanks!

I’m with you Cas, Long and up 50pips so far. hanging in there.

scouting party, spike, test of resistance, etc.
Intraday high on the 1hr chart from 28th 1700GMT…spiked past that before the news.
It’s just interesting when that happens and there’s not an immediate bounce away from it.

GU PA has arrived @it’s next stop…1.6562=R2…see how that get’s decided…Support or Resistance…:smiley:

Haeh…? :confused:

Is that what PA tells ya…???

I’m selling @1.6385, the london open swing low trend…

…but GU PA is going the other way…since the early hours this morning GMT.

Edit: Going with a sell @1.6409 too!

No. :slight_smile:

I bought @1.6388

And I’m still in.

1.6656=R3

1.6685 - 1.6600 is major resistance…that’s where GU PA is now.

I am looking @T/P S3.

:smiley:

I just got out with plus 90pips at that resistance. good enough for me, no need to be greedy :slight_smile:

and to think, a few months ago I thought a pip was a singer from the 60s

I don’t think it has anything to do with greed.

It is trading PA…what you see on your charts…because PA momentum is very strong in the direction of UP.

Why would I want to bail out when there is no indication for it @present…?

I don’t have as much experience as you so from my perspective, I’m happy to get such a large gain in one brief trade. And it seems to be getting so high that I wonder if that push up can be sustained. As well as resistance in that area. So just a combination of things, still a noobie you know :slight_smile:
Also I’m at work and can only trade from my iphone so can’t react quickly in case things turn around. I had a stop but why wait for that to get hit.

There is always the potential rebuy from middle or bottom of 20:1 trade later when it does eventually retrace…if PA is to continue after a bounce off resistance…

That’s what I’m thinking. May get back into it in a little while. looks like it’s kind of stalled out somewhat right now.

[B]
it was supposed to go down! LOL [/B]

What’s really scary is that I’m still waiting and ready to go short… This morning’s post is a perfect example of the kind of issue that I’m still struggling with. How do I explain this? The voice inside my head is still louder than the message and voice of the market, if you’re familiar with the book “Zen in the Markets” by Edward Toppel you’ll understand. If you’re not the concept is simple, I’m still a blockhead trader.

My opinions and analysis direct how I want to trade more than the clear signals from the market. If I “think” the market is supposed to go down, I have to be hit over the head with a 2x4, or lose 100 plus pips before I’ll change my mind. It’s my glass jaw!

I know with more experience and confidence I’ll slowly be able to chill out and go with the flow, but I’m not there yet. This is one of the reasons I’m excited about Carter’s 20 pip a day plan. Keeps me in the market learning and gaining experience but much safer than following my “opinions” in the wrong direction on long trades.

Beg my pardon…but that’s funny. :slight_smile:

This morning’s post is a perfect example of the kind of issue that I’m still struggling with. How do I explain this? The voice inside my head is still louder than the message and voice of the market, if you’re familiar with the book “Zen in the Markets” by Edward Toppel you’ll understand. If you’re not the concept is simple, I’m still a blockhead trader. My opinions and analysis direct how I want to trade more than the clear signals from the market. If I “think” the market is supposed to go down, I have to be hit over the head with a 2x4, or lose 100 plus pips before I’ll change my mind. It’s my glass jaw!

I [B]do[/B] :slight_smile: understand. We humans have this very strong tendency of “control” [B]and[/B] need to be right about it. No matter what.

I know with more experience and confidence I’ll slowly be able to chill out and go with the flow, but I’m not there yet. This is one of the reasons I’m excited about Carter’s 20 pip a day plan. Keeps me in the market learning and gaining experience but much safer than following my “opinions” in the wrong direction on long trades.

Perhaps London Breakout 1 Strat would be a good place to start earning your 20 pips a day…gaining experience and confidence.

Get in when PA breaks a trendline and get out as soon as your T/P of 20 pips is reached. GU & EU gives you plenty of opportunities every day.

I’d like to trade the London Breakout 1 but I’m usually asleep that time of day… yeah I know, I should get my priorities straight. :rolleyes:

Is there any strategy that would have a high success rate like the london breakout 1 that would be more my time of day? EDT ?