Bollinger band trading with MAs

Yeah, the 1hr bollinger crossover system! :smiley:
heheh - there is a new york opening strategy called big dog but I donā€™t know how successful it is - itā€™s not based on any price action per se but you could adapt it maybeā€¦

[B]The GU 63ma priceline 5m 20:1,5:1 Bolli Bounce Strat[/B]ā€¦:smiley:

Thatā€™s what GU is doing since 13:00EDTā€¦giving out plenty of opportunities for quick pips. :slight_smile:

Itā€™s not the first time GU is doing this.

PS: Iā€™m still inā€¦GU longā€¦ EDIT: I bailed outā€¦1.6538 got broken.

Iā€™ve been trying that on my demo acct. but obviously I donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing.

TalonD

Iā€™m going to start playing around and try to work up an Asian breakout strategy combining the bolls band, 1m or 5m with the same type of swing high/low trend lines used in the London Breakout-1

There isnā€™t much PA during the Asian session but at the same time, itā€™s not completely dead. I have a hunch at least 3 nights a week thereā€™s enough PA with EU to dig out two or three 10 pip T/P trades per session. Maybe some of the JPY and AUD pairs too,

Also have to find out more about the Tokyo currency fix, that might be a time to target. I have a new appreciation for ā€œlittle pipsā€ and digging some out 2-3 evening a week would be sweet, also beats watching most of the sh*t on TV!

Iā€™ll start spinning back through the charts and let you know what I find.

What you donā€™t like reruns? :rolleyes:

If we could get the market to rerun the charts we all could get the BIG pips.

looking forward to what you come up with D-Pip

ahh if only I could get time dilation to work in reverseā€¦ will have to work on that.

Here is one that might get some of my experimental trades back on track

By jcgibson at 2009-10-29

John

We donā€™t see things as they are, we see things as we are.
Anais Nin

[B]TalonD[/B]

Whyā€¦? The specifics how to trade it has been posted in detail a couple of pages back.

The ā€œtunnel of 5ā€ concept aka 1:5 BB by itself combined with 1:20,2:20 is almost foolproof so to speak.

You need to follow the rules as suggested mind you. :slight_smile:

I definately need to go back and re-read

Today looks like one of those 5min boll bounce days.
Price is trying to break out but doesnā€™t seem to be getting anywhere.

Itā€™s those major daily S/R lines RC mentioned. Thatā€™s where GU is stucked again and bouncing around.

wish I could hedgeā€¦ almost know what Iā€™m doing nowā€¦

nazi futures association hmmpf !

ā€¦1:5,1:20 on 5m/15m Bolli Bounces takes care of that.

1/ 2 accounts, split account size proportionately.
2/ UK account.

:slight_smile:

Cas I think I got it figured out. Although I made a bonehead trade going short near the bottom because the MAs were headed that way, but when price went back up I had the confidence to wait for it to come back down to me. Could have hedged though and felt a little better about it.

I like number 2. UK account. Need to wait till I build up out of my micro account size first though. then FXCM UK

There are those that offer micro accounts too, in fact I thought they all did?

Today has been an absolutely excellent day for that - the trick is in picking the days though. The RR on trades placed at the 20:2 with stop at the 20:3 is very good.

I agree.

The longer the 1h candle wicksā€¦the better the Bolli Bounces.

More wicked 1h candles means more Bolli Bounces. :smiley:

Yeah, FXCM UK has micro accounts, thatā€™s what I have. The only drawback is you canā€™t trade your microlots off MT4. You can still use MT4 from FXCM for charting, but need a mini or standard to place trades through it. In any case, I prefer FXCMā€™s Trading Station platform over MT4, anywayā€¦

I thoght FXCM micro was still US based. Iā€™ll check it out.