Bollinger band trading with MAs

R Carter

Do you use any other MA’s on your charts like 100, 200 ect…?

I like those LWMAs lol They got me into a Crude Oil trade spot on after Roll Over time when volume get’s pushed.

CAS

There good for the Analyists? They sure like the 100 day MA? Its significant for a change of direction apparently? But on our time scale? :smiley:

R Carter

What direction…? lol It’s the Analysts that need direction. :rolleyes:

R Carter

That one didn’t work out for me. I took it @1.645. And got stopped out shortly afterwards. Didn’t pay enough attention in regards to resistance levels. I figured later that it was in fact a counter trade.

CAS

I have to sit with them most mornings… my favourite hobby… trying to look interested whilst looking out the window… figuring if i’m going to get rained on for lunch. Now if were talking weather… i’m your man! :D:D:D

Asian looks like it doubled topped out for this evening. Still think a break down for EUR/USA looks odds on. :slight_smile:

well I’m back, so what about the gu tonight? looks like a sell? but I’m not confident in the overnight.

TALOND

Well I think south, but by how much is another question. :smiley:

good question. I sold at 1.6482 and just moved my stop to break even. At least I won’t be a looser this time.

TALOND

Far from it… dont see you loosing tonight. Asian has double topped out on EUR/USD. :smiley:

I’m still a greenhorn noob, explain that to me please

TALOND

Well GU basically follows EUR/USD with bells and whistles. :slight_smile: It tends to track EUR/USD but offers a bigger bang for the buck in movement… good and bad. Which is why we trade the GU. :slight_smile:

Only at this particular time i’m worried, check back a long way on EUR/USD. :confused:

Might be Gold who is responsible for it. There is pressure building in Gold…it want’s to go down.

There is a correlaton between Gold and the Euro. Gold DOWN = EUROUSD UP.

CAS

Thing is on EUR/USD were at a crunch time here. Aug high and Dec high 08 were at EUR/USD now. Testing resistance right now. Resistance looks strong but who knows?

Were well and truely outside of ma’s here. :o

I closed out already. is it headed up now? green is going up through the reds

TALOND

Thats the big one. :slight_smile: Is it going to hold resistance and head down, I think it might. :smiley:

Maybe You’re right, I couldn’t resist, got back in. Hope it goes on down. I need to get some shuteye. Don’t know if I should leave it? put up a stop and a TP and let it go till morning? hmmm…

Well, cable has almost triple topped on the 1hr around 1.6510 - unsure as to which way it’s going from here.
The trendline is still down so would prefer shorts but I suppose there is room for movement up to the top of the down trendline.

Edit: Looks like it was going up. Time to buy was probably at about 830 this morning :slight_smile:

lost big last night. That’s the last time I’ll leave a trade on with stops and go to bed.

entered a buy this morning at 1.6505,