Book recommendations?

im looking for an introductory book on forex fundamentals, anyone have any recommendations? i originally planned on trading stocks, but due to time restraints and limited capital, ive decided that forex is the way to go. are there any good books that focus purely on forex?

1 Like

Hi MachineGun,

I have seen this question been ask long time ago… For me, the term “Trading” is all apply either in stocks, equites, forex, commodities, etc… They are all have similarities in some ways…

Here are the list of book recommendation for Trading…
http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/17224-pipcrawlers-favorite-trading-books.html

Same as Pipcrawler, I too love the book of “The New Market Wizards” by Jack D. Schwager
"Millionaire Traders" by Kathy Lien and Boris Schlossberg

Also, “Trading for Living” by Dr.Alexander Elder , Super Trader by Dr. Van K Tharp, Day Trading the Currency Market, Kathy Lien - great introduction to technical and fundamental analysis…

Enjoy :slight_smile:

thanks, much appreciated. ive been looking at the new market wizards as someone else had recommended the same thing to me about stocks. thats what im leaning towards so far.

No problem…

I think "Day Trading the Currency Market "by Kathy Lien - will give you the introduction that you are looking for…

“Trading As A Business”

I agree with this recommendation.

One point, however: [I]Day Trading the Currency Market[/I] was published in 2005; so, by now, it’s a bit “long in the tooth”.

Kathy Lien’s more recent book, [I][B]Day Trading and Swing Trading the Currency Market[/B][/I], published in 2009, is not only newer, but it covers more ground, as well.

Here’s a copy-and-paste from the Preface:

"The popularity of the [I]Day Trading the Currency Market[/I] book has encouraged me to give the second edition a twist—this time I have added swing trading strategies!

"After having taught seminars across the country on how to trade currencies, I have received a lot of good feedback about the book (thank you!), and I hope that everyone will enjoy the new techniques in the second edition just as much as you have enjoyed the strategies and lessons in the first!

"The original book focuses heavily on fundamentals, but the new edition includes chapters on trading methodologies, statistical analysis, and, of course, additional strategies.

“I have also added comprehensive sections on how to trade like a hedge fund manager and the impact of seasonality in the currency market.”

p.s. — PipNRoll, I like your avatar!

The new version sounds exactly like what im looking for, thanks all

Awww… thanks Clint :slight_smile:

These is how I do my work out with my heels on… or… I can also be consider as a “bag lady”…haha

I’m quite interested in getting my hands on that book! Cheers Clint!

I passed on the new market wizards and started reading tom williams master the market book. Are there any other good books that are based off of wyckoffs teachings ir vsa? I was also thinking about getting steve nisons candlestick book just to learn a bit more on candles.

Mark Douglas, Ari Kiev, Alexander Elder, all their books, once you have finished find yourself another author because the day you stop reading you are screwed.

I would like to recommend a Trading As A Business to Forex traders because it is a great book to learn Forex.

i can confirm… plenty of gems in pipcrawler’s list of top trading books! Intermarket Analysis: Profiting From Global Market Relationships really gives great insight on what moves the markets beyond forex

try “currency trading for dummies”, study and not read!

I agree with krafty. I read the currency trading for dummies book twice! The best one is probably Kathy Lien’s book. If you’re looking for another good read, try Jared Martinez’ The 10 Essentials of Forex Trading.

almost forgot… i would also recommend One Good Trade by Mike Bellafiore. gives you a pretty good idea of what it’s like in a prop trading firm and also teaches you to have the proper mind frame for trading.