Books for trading ideas

So i can code well enough to hold my own but i lack the ideas and experience

Looking for books about trading in general and better yet if they are focused on algo trading

Edit here. Honestly not sure why din´t think of this straight up but podcast would prolly work too if not even better

there are so many books in online and most of them are found completely free , but personally i don’t believe any kind of bookish knowledge , it not works when trading in practical. but i prefer some psychological books which is very supportive for Mental health.

2 Likes

good idea to enhance trading knowledge but besides this it is more appropriate to continue practice as well , otherwise any kind of knowledge from books can be useless.

1 Like

if you willing to be expert of price trading strategy , " the Simple strategy " by Mark Anderson can be the best solution for you .

3 Likes

bring good knowledge + practice in a real account = the best solution when trading in a real account.

1 Like

Eny in specific you would recommend?

Idea is to get some general knowledge and then to test that on a bot bit by bit

Before you start running you should get shoes. Especially when running in the woods

2 Likes

this is a perfect reply , agree with your message

1 Like

I like to think of myself as a street-smart person, but I recently read a book that was really helpful. It’s called “Algorithmic Trading: Winning Strategies and Their Rationale” by Ernie Chan. This book is great for anyone interested in algo trading, as it provides practical strategies and examples. I highly recommend giving it a read!

1 Like

Hey there

have a look at this:

1. “Currency Trading for Dummies” by Kathleen Brooks and Brian Dolan
  2. “Day Trading and Swing Trading the Currency Market” by Kathy Lien
  3. “The Complete Guide to Currency Trading and Investing” by Jamaine Burrell
  4. “The Little Book of Currency Trading” by Kathy Lien
  5. “Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques” by Steve Nison
  6. “The Forex Trading Course: A Self-Study Guide to Becoming a Successful Currency Trader” by Abe Cofnas
  7. “Market Wizards” by Jack D. Schwager
  8. “The Disciplined Trader: Developing Winning Attitudes” by Mark Douglas
  9. “The New Market Wizards” by Jack D. Schwager
  10. “How to Make a Living Trading Foreign Exchange: A Guaranteed Income for Life” by Courtney Smith
3 Likes

To be honest, I don’t read any particular book but I watch videos available on Youtube. I think it is even more effective than reading books.

1 Like

Thanks Paulina, this was awesome.

2 Likes

“The Intelligent Investor” by Benjamin Graham is a classic investment book that has been a staple of the financial world since 1949. In it, Graham outlines his philosophy of value investing and emphasizes the importance of conducting thorough analysis and using rational decision-making. The book also includes practical advice for investors, such as how to read financial statements, evaluate management teams, and develop a diversified portfolio. Graham’s insights and strategies have influenced generations of investors and traders, making this book a must-read for anyone interested in finance. Overall, “The Intelligent Investor” is a timeless classic that offers valuable insights and practical advice for investors of all levels of experience. Whether you’re just starting out or you’re a seasoned investor, this book is sure to be a valuable addition to your library.

Re: podcasts, there’s Chat with Traders and also Better System Trader:

I’d prob just do a search on a particular topic you’re looking to learn!

1 Like

Python is popular among robot coders and high frequency traders. But there’s also C++, Java and R used in algo trading.

There isn’t a best. It all depends on what you’re trying to build.

Start there.

Market Wizards: Interviews with Top Traders by Jack D. Schwager
This book is a classic in the trading world, featuring interviews with some of the most successful traders of all time.

1 Like