Brexit - your plans for the day

Brexit is upon the world. If you’re in the UK, how will you take in the day?

Perhaps a pint?

1 Like

31 January 2020

3 Likes

Laughing my head off at idiots like Tony Blair, John Bercow, Theresa May, Nicola Sturgeon and the biggest clowns of them all Piers Morgan and Alastair Campbell.

God save the Queen. Long live the British Empire.

Cheers

Blackduck

2 Likes

From 11pm tonight, the UK will not be obliged to surrender its sovereignty and join a United States of Europe, the EU’s stated ultimate objective. This has always been about independence, not politics and definitely not economics.

2 Likes

Won’t be doing anything tbh, it’s just another day. let’s see what the next year brings regarding trade and see how the economy is. I personally think we are headed for another recession but time will tell.

1 Like

Almost no economist believes Brexit will cause a recession. And this is regardless of the quality of trade deals negotiated between the two parties and between the UK and the rest of the world.

Cheers to all my mates!

2 Likes

Are you guys trading like it’s a regular day? Or avoiding pound pairs? :open_mouth:

I’m not currently trading any forex intra-day, focusing on the Dow. But I am short EUR/GBP long-term. Again. And if I was day-trading forex I would treat this as any regular Friday.

3 Likes

I’m a long way from Parliament Square - so I’ll be watching the Party (probably on you tube - I expect LBC will be doing a live stream )

I have a bottle of Scotch at the ready and shall probably take a minor libation in celebration of the event :wink:

or maybe several ! :rofl:

CHEERS All ! :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

You may be interested to hear (and watch) Nigel Farage’s last Five minutes as an MEP ?

The most influential Politician of modern times ?

Lol - all that’s left of it - England, Wales, Scotland (now wanting to leave) and one quarter of Ireland.

2 Likes

interesting point there @Blackduck - It is true that Britain has granted INdependence to more Countries in the world than any other power - and there is another which forcibly took their own away independence from us :wink:

Commonwealth 3

It is only right and proper that we should now take back our own independence.

Who knows whet our reationship with the rest of the world will look like in a year or two - or ten ?

But there is certainly cause for a lot of optimism :smiley:

2 Likes

Live from Parliament Square with an hour and a half to go

Some live commentary for us in the states that are interested:

Live feed of Parliament Square for those elsewhere that want to see what’s going on at the moment.

The above quote… think about that … what gives the right of one person or country to ‘grant’ independence to another person or country?

Four minutes of (Sir) Nigel on his way to do his speech at the meeting in Parliament Square this evening

There’s a lesson in here too for Newbie traders - Never - never - never give up !

Some great pictures here covering the moment from both sides.

BBC ?

:rofl::rofl::rofl: