Broker for a mac user

Hi

I have been doing a lot of reading and learning and have just got to the point where I went to find a broker and have found out mt4 doesn’t work on a mac. This seemed like the main software to be using so am a bit miffed…

Anyone got any recommendations for mac software/brokers?

Thanks

Jim

So far there is vantageFx but you can just download the wine application to run mt4 on mac

You can run MT4 on mac using Wine. And if you’re computer savvy, you can make a mac executable using Wineskin. If you opt to go Wineskin, use this tutorial. It worked fine for me, and I’m charting happily on my mac using MT4.

there is no need to go through all that…Vantage FX actually have proper MT4 for Mac …you can even upload all your indicators and EAs…check my iMac 27 trading set up below…:20:

Usually , broker with MT4 trading platform like Tickmill offer MT4 for MAC user
However if MT4 MAC does not work , maybe MAC user still can trade with MT4 Webtrader, one if latest MT4 platform for web browser,Tickmill is one of brokers offer MT4 Webtrader

An alternative to using MT4 on mac using Wine/ bluesticks, you could use online based MT4s, you only need to have an internet browser. Brokers such as Freshforex are known to have Web Trading Platform.

These offerings such as the VFX MT4 on mac you’re referring to are simply “winebottled” versions of the windows MT4. Or more simply put, they did what I described and offered it as a download.

But, it’s my understanding that you have to use the MT4 offered by your broker and not from another and “cross the platforms” so to speak. Maybe someone can clarify? What happens if you use MT4 from, say, FXCM for trading on OANDA?

What is that on your right hand screen buddy? I want it!

Hi Badem, its professional News Terminal which you get for free from Vantage FX once you open live account there. I trade news announcements and having access to instant news release improved my trading…I couldn’t trade without it these days!! :o)