Broker for a micro Forex account - Alpari UK or ActivTrades?

Hey guys,
I think I’m ready to bit the bullet and open my first live account in Forex. I’m looking to deposit around 200-300EUR in it, pair traded would be EURUSD most of the time. I’ll be trading intraday, mostly 5, 15 and 30 min charts - mostly technical trades based on price movement, but I’d like to trade the news as well (I dont expect no slippage at news time, however more than 10-15 pips would be quite extreme and unacceptable imo ;P). So I guess my main trading style would be “scalping”, with most of the trades lasting between 20 and 60 minutes.

I think I’d be happier with an UK based trader (I’m living in Germany atm), reason being a possibly better connection ,as well as a bit irrational thinking the UK is more financially stable than the US ;). I’ve been reading reviews around the inet and currently have a demo account with Alpari UK for several weeks now (maybe 5 weeks, not sure). As I read, they do have a bit slow system, but if the live server is similar to the demo one, I can live with it. Do you think I’d be happy with them based on my trading style?

I also read about ActivTrades, which seems to have some decent reviews and uses MT4 as well (I kind of like the software). They do offer some more options for trading (gold and more pairs for example) as well, however my main question is whether they’d be better for me than Alpari.

Hopefully we have people around here that use either Alpari UK or ActivTrades and care enough to post their opinions on each one ;). Kinda itching to try the real thing :smiley:

Thanks, and have fun and luck trading :slight_smile:

I have used Alpari demo & live, as you have stated their execution
is slow, including re-quotes.

But if it causes no problems with your demo system then that
should be the one you choose.

So there isn’t a big difference between the demo and the live server in this aspect?

No, some of the spreads may be slightly different but that’s
about all.

Does anybody know of a broker that offers a good spread on the EURUSD pair, I currently have my account with Tradeview and they offer a good spread ($2) which is less than most of what I�ve seen, but I wanna look around to see if there�s something better.

If you mean that Tradeview have a 2 pip spread on mini lot of
10 000 units @ $1/pip ($2), then Oanda have a 0.9 pip spread on
E/U.

Thank you very much daydreamer65, the thing here is that I�m up �til now working on a demo account so I don�t really know much about differences between spreads, I guess because money is not getting out of my pocket for that yet. I seriously thought Tradeview�s was the tightest spread on that pair in general.

Hello nikolayn,

I have a scalping account with ACTIVTRADES and I have to say, I am quite happy with them. The spread is alright although the slippage is quite frequent. Not wide anyway but frequent, expecially over the news as they have got “market execution” on this kind of account.

They are very reliable anyway; always answered promptly to my queries and got my money back in reasonable time. They are quite transparent as far as I am concerned.

Recomended I have to say

Hi

Like to ask about the reviews about FXCM micro account. :slight_smile:

or is there anyone in Singapore that uses FXopen micro account ?

Thank you pple

there is hardly any difference between demo and live on fxopen.

Seems Oanda is the only one that has 0.9 pip spread except one hour BEFORE DJ market close where spread becomes 10 pips without warning !