Broker for BC resident

Hi,
Is here any trader from BC, canada.
I lived in vancouver, BC. To find a broker that will accept BC application, and also support MT4 seemed impossible. BC has its own regulation for brokers that want to accept BC applications. And it is very hard for brokers to pass BCSC. I know four brokers that will accept BC application (IB, MF Global Canada, TradeFreedom and Questrade), But they don’t support MT4.
So, can anyone here give me some advice or suggestion.

Many appreciation.

Jessica

Hi Jessica…Welcome

I’m from the outskirts of Vancouver too :slight_smile:

Yes our regulators makes it a challenge for us that’s for sure. I demoed for quite a while, and got quite comfortable, with MT4 too. So when I got to the point when I felt ready to take it to the next step and get a broker, I too was quite disappointed in what I found…or couldn’t find!

I’m not offering this as advise because it’s just what I did. I’m sure one day there will be more options available to us, just not yet.

So after realizing it wasn’t going to happen at the present time and if I wanted to trade then I was just going to have to get comfortable with a different platform. So in my search I discovered that FXCM does have MT4 and do accept BC resident and has a Canadian affiliation…BUT there’s one catch. Your deposit is a $5k min. Guess if one has it, it’s not a problem…lol…I don’t. However, I had enough for their mini account and they do allow you to trade your way up on their platform and then transfer over to MT4 once your balance hits $5k. So they’re my broker and that’s my plan. :slight_smile:

Now my computer has both platforms on screen at the same time…one half each, and I use my MT4 charts and indicators/guages to guide the trades I place on FXCM’s platform. It’s a little ackward at first, but one gets used to it. I’m considering attaching a 2nd monitor

Hope you find something suitable and would be interested to hear about what you find and your choice.

:slight_smile:

[I]“Sometimes you can make a soft spot between a rock and a hard place.”[/I]

Hi Sweep PiP,
Thank you for your reply.
I knew FXCM accepted BC applications. But FXCM is registered with BCSC, not with CIPF (so if something goes down, our money is not insured to get funds up to $1,000,000).and also I don’t have that much initial captal to start a mini account and since FXCM won’t accept micro account for BC resident, I was thinking to use my previous SK address to open a micro account and maybe later on to tell them I move to Vancouver.
That is just my thoughts, I don’t know whether its gonna work or not.

Jessica

found these on google… I haven’t tried them myself…

investtechfx
pfgforex

if you do let me know and i’ll go live with them if they are any good

time to pay tax!!!:smiley: