Broker leverage

Hi @tomo22, CRT is talking about range in specific way. When you are using CRT on higher TF, you will see range shifting on lower TF. It’s also a price action event when you apply PA on it.

AMD is telling about momentum, as in price action you can see it when breakout, sideways and reversal. So you can learn many thing that fit you to improve your understanding. The principle is learning the chart.

For example you want to use CRT. On currency pair, you can use it on W1. But on XAUUSD, you can have it on D1 or even H4. Once you get the range, you can go down to lower TF to find trading signal. It’s the same thing with looking for market’s structure. So all of these are perspectives only.

AMD is simply one of principle in market dynamic. Since AMD is a very old technique, it was explained in stock market only. It tells, market has 3 phases (at least, the recent AMD has more phases, we talk only the original AMD):

• Accumulation, when an opportunity is identified, institutions will take the opportunity, price will start to shake.
  • Manipulation, when institutions have taken the opportunity, they will do all things necessary to pump up the price, price will start to soar. When price is starting to move, that means the institution’s “trap” is working. We, retails trader, are on their hand of mercy.
  • Distribution, when the institutions have felt enough, they will starting to sells their stakes when we, retails, are still in euphoria. Once they are done, they will abandon us, take our money, leaving us stupidly wondering what has happened. :sweat_smile:

As CRT, please look at TF that provide strong candle. Example BTCUSD on Monthly, XAUUSD on D1. EURUSD on W1.

Since CFD is a two ways trading instrument, AMD will be a bit different. But for simplicity we treat it just like stock market.

On EURUSD W1, we can see last week candle:

• After a bulls candle (two weeks ago), market is going down. Big institutions had been buying slowly, undetected, initiated accumulating phase.
  • When they were already in, they started second phase to manipulate the market, as retail, we will see movements and breaks out started from lower TF to higher TF. Seeing the movement, we got manipulated and open positions.
  • After target had been reached, they are selling theirs, under distribution phase, as you can see market is falling now. :sweat_smile:

By having this understanding, you can see clearly the range shifting in within weekly’s candle. Please find out the PA patterns in the CRT, (H, HH, L, HL or L, LL, H, LH). From here you can see clearly an area of high winning rate.

hi, @TYGMedia okay thank you. Ive been watching alot of romeo not sure if you have ever heard of him before but he teaches and uses CRT and turtle soup. Ive been studying this.

i will look at the PA patterns. I understand now how range shifting works however, I’m still a novice

here’s my go at crt. I found the crth and crtl. then noted a turtle soup leading to a liquidity sweep due to sellers SL I enter in at TS however, 50% line is also preferred for beginner and ride the decline/distrubution

@TYGMedia I’m having trouble with entry. How do I enter at the manipulation area? I use weekly time frame to identify CRT and then wait for manipulation to occur, however once I wait and switch to a hourly tf I notice that I may be too late and the 50% line is the only opportunity I really have

Weekly timeframe is too wide I guess, better to combine daily with hourly in my view.

Really how is weekly timeframe too high? I think weekly is great. Provides better opportunities when switching to a LTF. Like switching from weekly to 1hr provides a lot more clarification.

If you know Romeo he trades similar to this I’m pretty sure

@ontario

Hi @tomo22, the key in manipulation is reversal. So, you need to pay attention to market structure. For example CRT on weekly, after rally, the next will be correction. So, there will be time for us to look into lower TF, wait for range shifting to create a reversal. That will be a strategic area to enter or exit the market.

You can also look at SnR around manipulation area. The reaction around SnR is telling you the real intention of market.

If you can say weekly is great respected by LTF, you’ve actually known the secret :grin:
Just keep doing it until you feel bored and very bored … :rofl:

Note: You can use daily TF as the range, or even H4. But it will be a very fast scalping or an intraday position. It’s also a trick to get a high RR position, such as 5-10RR.

I’m confused. Aren’t you supposed to take the trade during manipulation after turtle soup?

I would wait for turtle soup to occur and be aware of another retest because TS can do that. Then I would trade an engulfing candle or if I’m not too confident trade the 50% level of the distribution candle. I don’t understand when you say there will be a correction after rally/decline. I’m looking to be able to trade the TS but I can’t seem to be in time because I would need to be in a lower tf.

@TYGMedia

Hi @tomo22, since you are trading CFD the accumulation part is also point of manipulation. Forex is a two parties trade. One side accumulates, the other side manipulates. It’s not about CFD two ways trade.

Look at EURUSD H1 chart, it’s within manipulation, there will be a correction, make it goes up, before it moves further down. It’s easier to define it as range shifting.

hi @TYGMedia , really? i would say its passed manipulation if you look at weekly TF and then shift to the 1hr TF on eur/usd you can see that’s Liquidity sweep has occurred and causing SL to be triggered then thus leading to the down side. It seems that there was multiple retests and liquidity sweeps around the red box I drew.

(1HR)

(1WK)

Are you saying that there’s gonna be a rally after this distribution?

Hi @tomo22, you have to be consistent with TF to define market structure. All are about perspective. If you mix one TF to another, you will get confused. You can use higher TF as base analysis and move to lower TF, but the analysis on higher TF must be still intake. I was talking to W1 chart, so the principle of AMD on W1. When you move to H1, we can’t just ignore the principle on W1. We use W1 as the base, and look of structure on H1. The sturcture on H1 will be internal, and W1 as external.

As for W1, latest candle breaking support of last week candle.

The chart bellow, I’m using W1 chart to define CRT. The yellow arrows the CRT.
The blue box is accumulation’s zone. red - manipulation, green - distribution. We don’t mix with Liquidity sweep first. To many theory will get you confused. Liquidity sweep doesn’t mean anything. It’s just one of the signal in SMC. In price action liquidity sweep can be seen as Quasimodo (QM) or head or shoulder. Nothing fancy about it.

As in price action there is principle Rally Base Drop (RBD), Rally Base Rally (RBR). As it has breaking the support, it means trend is down for now (RBD scenario). SMC also tells you it’s CHoC.

As in PA, you can see the nearest support. As long as there is L, LL and H, LH, best scenario is looking for short.
As in SMC, look at POI, after CHoC we have downtrend. The POI at the latest strong high. You also have next POI around 1.10050. Most trader will look for an inducement before start a position, here is where liquidity sweep is being hunted.
Similar to AMD, when market is correcting, Accumulation will be started in area near last broken support, where most retail traders have fear to join.

As you can see, whatever principle you are using, all of them are looking at the same thing, with few adjustment of course.

Again, all of these analysis only valid by using W1, H4 and H1 chart. When you are using other TF, you will have different perspective, the result will also different.
This is the reason, why a trader need to have solid procedure. :innocent:

Hi @TYGMedia , what do you mean consistent with TF. do you mean stick with certain TF for instance only looking at 1W, 4hr and 1d? Also you said in the last post “Look at EURUSD H1 chart, it’s within manipulation, there will be a correction, make it goes up, before it moves further down. It’s easier to define it as range shifting.”

but now you are a showing a chart 4HR eur/usd of being past that manipulation stage. I’m very confused here, I’m not sure what you mean by this.

what is RBD and RBR is it self explanatory as in it rallys then drops?

I agree SMC does say its CHoC. What is POI

Hi @tomo22, Consistent with TF means, when you are making conclusion, make sure to have a consistent rules.

For example, last time I was talking using the H4 chart. So my analysis would be rely on H4 chart. When you were asking the liquidity sweep on H1 chart, that would have different analysis. I didn’t mix with one method to another, unless I have design a rule to collaborate two or more methods.

By mixing AMD, CRT and SMC together, you are simply overloaded by many assumptions, you wont be able to trade this way. One tells you to short, other tells you to long. This is the reason to have method statistic.

I was showing you H4 chart, to explain how AMD works. AMD can also be applied on other TF, but AMD have to be defined on strong structure. You see, you again need to understand structure. You need to deal with SnR.

Rally Base Drop (RBD) means when market is moving up, after sideways, it moves down (drop). It’s reversal

Rally Base Rally (RBR) means up trend continuation.
Drop Base Drop (DBD) means down trend continuation.

These are terminologies in price action. Again it’s about range shifting. Base is when market is moving in a range.

POI = Point of Interest, an area that need to be monitored, it can be areas for price to make reaction. In SMC, POI can be Strong High/Low, ATH, ATL, OB, PDL/H, PWL/H and many others. :rofl: The more you ask the more you will get confused.

My advice is to stick to the simplest method you familiar with. Knowing to much will ruin your skill if you are not ready yet

Hi, @TYGMedia when you say “By mixing AMD, CRT and SMC together, you are simply overloaded by many assumptions, you wont be able to trade this way. One tells you to short, other tells you to long. This is the reason to have method statistic.” is AMD not apart of CRT?

I like to use ICT/SMC I want to stick with this and start slow. You are right in terms of that I need to pick a method because others will tell me otherwise.

when you say “I was showing you H4 chart, to explain how AMD works. AMD can also be applied on other TF, but AMD have to be defined on strong structure. You see, you again need to understand structure. You need to deal with SnR.”

i still don’t understand when you say i need to understand structure. I used a weekly timeframe for external structure to gather a foundation and then internally look at the hourly chart and take a trade. I understand that i do need to become more consistent with TF but Im questioned here. i will ignore all the POI stuff haha your right that i do need to stop asking more questions because i will become confused :smiley:

I’ve been watching a lot ICT/SMC videos and i like that a lot better than TA. its quite funny the more i look at the charts and areas the more i see people just copying the same thing and renaming it. Sometimes i see a zone of liquidity and i think that’s just a resistance zone/supply zone/ double top etc…

Hi @tomo22, when you are using CRT only, you can put AMD, But when you add SMC, it feels like you eat salad with Pavlov. :sweat_smile: A bit confused but they both are edible, nothing wrong but they are not match. Unless we can have secret recipe to mix them both.

As you said, you know SMC. From SMC you should be able define market structure. If you want use AMD by SMC structure, that will be fine. But, since SMC has already their own system, putting AMD won’t be help much.
Example:
When SMC tells you there is liquidity sweep, do you still bother to find is it Accumulation, Manipulation or Distribution? No, just hit and run, don’t think too much :rofl:

Let say, you see something by combining CRT and SMC. It will be SMC inside CRT or otherwise. I don’t hink we can have CRT and SMC both at same level.
Example, you use CRT on Weekly chart. Then you look for SMC in H1 up to H4 chart. This still make sense.

Note: I don’t say SMC and CRT are good techniques. They are good for learning technical analysis. Learning doesn’t mean will guide you to be a profitable trader. You need to understand more and more :slight_smile:

Okay thank you for the insight. Yeah I see now :rofl: using both sounds pretty stupid no logic in that hahaha. I agree using One in external and then another in internal doesn’t make sense

1 Like

hi @TYGMedia Im very confused in terms of marking this externally and internally.

I know things like supply/demand zone/ SnR can be marked both Ext and Int however, when it comes to things such as OTE’s, CHoC, BOS and market structure I’m sometimes getting confused in which ill ask my self “should I switch to a larger TF to mark this out”?

just asking for your suggestions if you know the answer.

Hi @tomo22, there is time when market movement is too strong, you can’t differentiate external and internal. At this movement, you have to stay away. Example, look at XAUUSD. The internal is very tiny, because uptrend is so strong.

Always stick to your plan. Unless you can use 2 opposite strategies which complement each other. If you don’t have, keep only what you are believe in.
Again, you have to build your trading stats. Confusion means you still haven’t do your homework. Build your statistic and rule properly. Only these, can convince you what to do.

okay thank you. But im still confused. For instance if I’m to use a OTE should I use this externally or internally? of if going to identify marketstructure and find CHoC should I do this external or internally.

Ill have a look at XAUUAD now!

how would I set up my statistics for trading a method? are you able to give me some insight to how I can do my homework
@TYGMedia

@TYGMedia what do you mean by the internal is “tiny”?

Hi @tomo22, that’s why you have to develop your trading SOP. It must be a solid system base on your observation. Others sop wont convince you enough, since you don’t have experience with the sop, so you’ll have doubts.

So the best option will be develop yours. Using external and internal mean mtf. SMC puts all in one TF. It’s brilliant but confusing by beginner.

Just for a guideline, eurusd h4 looks for structure. You will get mostly external.
Then go to lower TF, look for structure that is different with external. That will be internal. Most of time will be around M15.
Next learn the formation of internal structure inside external. You will see clearly why you won and lost.

You can try to use crt as external, you can see also the similarities. Pivot points also can be used.

The same reason why ote is announced. Nothing is new. It’s just new terminology to emphasize things.

Trading journal is created by focusing on one point. You look at its win rate. So you know how big is the opportunity rate. For example you point at Fibonacci retrecement 61.8, so find out the stats of it.