Broker leverage

Hi @tomo22, exampe xauusd, you see the external structure in M15. You only have internal in M1. This structure is too small to be considered. It’s too tiny to re ridden. The risk is too high to jump in

hi @TYGMedia, Am i able to find market structure externally such as CHoC and then internally find liquidity sweeps and use OTE for a trade during the internal TF? I think that is a solid approach, as I’m able to identify any breakouts through external use and then use my OTE to take a trade according to that external structure.

Also I like to use previous day highs/lows for targets sometimes. Is that okay? i usually I find that market like to hit and revisit the PREV day high and low.

what is mean mtf?

I had a look at XAUUSD I agree it is very risky

Hi @tomo22, the answer is based on your backtesting. Findout during a year, how many time it happened. Winrate you got by using the sop. It will be different when I do backtesting compare to you. If it is good, you have to train your discipline to this methodology.

MTF means Multiple Time Frames.

Hi @TYGMedia, sorry for a late response been focusing on some assigments for University. Thank you I have started on building a winrate journal.

This is unrelated to forex and day trading. I notice that I’ve got some capital in my bank and I wanna invest a large amount in the s&p500 for some long term trading and cap growth.

I’ve got some funds in crypto but I want to invest a large amount in something that is more stable than crypto. How would I go about doing this? What broker can I use and what would you recommend me?

I’ve got around 20,000 AUD 3000 which is in crypto leaving me with 17,000 AUD. I feel leaving it in the bank with a high interest account isn’t the best option as I feel there is better return to make alongside with inflation devaluing the worth.

Not sure how much to risk to be honest I’m gonna start some research soon

-Tomo

Hi @tomo22, no worries, first thing first :slight_smile:

I can’t advice you much about this issue, but I try to give you the way to decide.
For investment, I always tell my client to consider their average of money growth and spending, find out total liquid cash, part for saving and finally investment.

In your case, you have 20k: 3k has been in crypto. So you have 17k that is questionable.

You have to find out, your spending and income every month. Will you have surplus every month? If yes, how big is the surplus and will it require portion from your 17k? If yes, you need to deduct this 17k as your emergency fund.

Let say your 17k is an amount for investment, putting money in US500 is not a bad idea. This year US500 is up about 20%, last year was around 14%. During covid it was minus 15%. As Australia’s inflation rate around 2%, as long as you can grow more than 2% / year, your money is sustainable.

As you compare with bank interest, around 4-5%, US500 is a lot bigger. Base on its history, for long term, it looks good. But still remember, we don’t know the future. So, you have to diversify your fund. For example 17k, you only use 5k for US500. From this 5k, the best method is by splitting them and invest them periodically.

Reason is there is US election. When the US500 drops, you have chance to buy it in cheaper price. The bad news is, when it shoots up, you miss the train. :slight_smile:

For me, I prefers to split them up and buy it every month. I may miss the train, my priority is risk management. Putting money in US500 needs commitment, it has to be long time strategy. Some of my clients put the money for years. When the situation isn’t good, they will cash out part of them and later put it in when situation gets better.

This is the best practice when to deal with US500 (remember I’m not talking CFD at this moment). :slight_smile:

@TYGMedia,

Hi thank you for your insight. I take away around net profit of $200 a month average, so I could possibly reinvest that into the sp500. I think investing 5k is a good range, as its a safe investment to make and its around 25% of my portfolio. Taking the average growth its around 10% which could lead to a surplus of $500 each year from the sp500, which I can slowly reinvest. However, that’s if its performed at 10%.

I think I want to get in before the election happens. I am Australian but I hope and I am positive that Trump wins this will then lead to the stock market to boom as it has done before. :slight_smile:

Hi @tomo22, we hope the best for your investment :smiley:

Screenshot from 2024-10-10 13-43-11

I’m curious who will win. The data is in favor of Harris. :thinking:
Manage your risk carefully :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @TYGMedia, that is very important, i think my bias as being right-wing may cloud my judgment.

Data may say it is in favor of Harris but can we really believe data and media nowadays? Alot of media and data is unbiased and is in favor of one politician over the other sometimes. In the past, this has been evident as left wing media sways uninformed individuals.

In the source, it says NYT I’m pretty sure NYT is left-wing basied. Im also very curious about this election. Not sure if you know but a lot of multi-billionaires and millionaires are somewhat voting for Kamala because Trump may release Epstine’s client list

I feel a lot of social media which includes tiktok and Instagram is heavily right-wing based, I feel I am always seeing positive things about Trump and never any positives about Kamala so this is the thing its very confusing to know what is reality and what is a facade. We may not be able to trust anyone sometimes.

Hi @tomo22, you are right, none can be trusted :grin:

I have no sided with any of them. I just anticipate for each side. I have different plans for each side, so just wait and monitor closely. Nowadays, everything can be orchestrated. Vote can be faked, and it can effect the result. :thinking:

1 Like

@TYGMedia hello.

Do you know any free backtesting systems? i know trading view is $25 a month

Hi @tomo22, I’m a software engineer. I do back-testing using MT5. For longer period of time, you can you TDS.

You can either deposit more funds to give you a more comfortable position (aka more bang for your buck) or you can shop around other brokers. There’s plenty of fish in da sea. Some offer as high as 1:1000 or even 1:1500! Check out the unregulated (but legitimate ones). I don’t wanna namedrop (coz my experience might not be the same as yours) but they are out there especially those registered in the Eurozone. Try not to get into brokers registered in the British Virgin Islands (or some other area that’s a jurisdiction nightmare).

Don’t get pigeonholed into just one broker. Try to see if there’s something else out there for ya. Best of luck!

May you break resistances and reach new highs!

@TYGMedia hello.

Over past couple of weeks I’ve been attempting to learn ICT off the inner circle trader, and apprently there has been a lot of videoes of him being a fraud ect…

I find im falling into this loop of finding a teacher then then finding out later that they aren’t legit or who they say they are after putting in hours of notes and programming in my mind.

Just not sure what to even do next? Do I believe these comments? Do I move into a next trader just so confusing.

Do you know any ICT traders who can teach me ICT? Or can you teach me ICT?

I did get some knowledge such as better risk mangement, however some might not be the best

Hi @tomo22, the reality about trading is hard to believe. I want to say most trading mentors outside are not honest. They may claim trade since 2000, but their way of thinking honestly don’t reflect what they have claimed.

I know many experts in these fields, but all of them good in making proofs, but when they are being asked to trade alive, the result is different or even zero.

When you really want to be a trader, you need to understand the holy-grail is a combination of four aspects: strategy, money management, risk management and mentality. Lack of one of them, I don’t know how to succeed in this field. If we don’t know what they really mean, even harder to be a trader.

Many others make claims to have found the key of trading, telling to have 85% or even 100% win rate strategy. Be realistic, we are human, selfish by nature. If we have something so good, why do we want to share it for free. If we are being kind to share it for free, other will take advantage of us without mercy. :slight_smile:

I’m not saying, I am an exception. I’m also the same. :slight_smile:

If you observe to all members in trading community, most of them talking about strategy. So many strategies have been discussed. If strategy is so important, the best strategy surely has been exposed here. But in reality, none of them exists. Those who are trying to find influence and benefit from beginner market, still trying very hard to sell their crappies concept. :slight_smile:

Most profitable traders will keep quiet from community. They say no more, because the secret is not in the strategy, but other elements, as I have mentioned above.

Trading is similar to other business. You have to be an entrepreneur, not opportunist. As an entrepreneur, you understand the risk and being realistic. You face the opportunity from market fact, you think of market as it is.

As opportunist, you will be few step behind. You think of market as you want it to be, you will fall to the cliff of despair.

Example, most trader don’t know the realistic balance to start. They will put a number for example 500, and assure themselves as the good number and also the safety net. This kind of though is wrong. It’s similar to you want to open a factory, but you put your capital limit to 500 USD. It doesn’t work. Before you put a number, you should learn at least.

Luckily, you can start with cent account. You can start with smallest amount. To pursue your path in trading, you have to tried it … You have to get rid your trading anxiety, strengthen your mentality. These can be done only by trading with discipline.

Trading with strategy you can scale up. From my past experiences, base on my past students, they are who still trading until now, were taught averaging.
So their basic is averaging, and from averaging they realize the market dynamic to design their own trading style.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree humans are selfish by nature and would keep their secrets hidden. I probably would too.

I just don’t know what to do, can I really trust anyone if humans are selfish by nature? For instance someone teaching ICT? I just want to learn off someone who teaches ICT and isn’t a fraud I find this will be hard to find.

How am I to be an entrepreneur without any knowledge on a concept or strategy?

I wanna ask for your advice. What do you think I should do and who should I learn off? I feel stupid asking this question because of everything I’ve read :joy:

@TYGMedia

Hi @tomo22, since everyone has different degree of selfishness, there is still a room to learn from others. :slight_smile:

Such as, when you ask me how to start trading, my suggestion is you can start by averaging. You can start by using demo account or max cent account. Try to find out how averaging work. You can combine it with ICT and other methods, experiencing how to grow your account. how to manage your emotion, how to take action, how to face your good and bad trades. None of these can be earn by taking many courses.

This is your real life experiences, these are more important compare to all courses ahead. Most traders fail because they can’t manage all of those.

Entrepreneur has different thoughts. Most people want to be safe. This is the reason we are looking for job. But some of us have fighting spirit. We do whatever to survive, don’t give up easily.

An entrepreneur will do any thing to survive, will learn anything to improve themselves. The opposite as an employee, want only stability of having good stable income for the rest of their life.

For example, an entrepreneur, when trading, we will look through instrument we want to have “business” with. We focus on it, don’t let be lured by other instruments before we can handle it.

We learn how to trade and make profit from it. Learn the realistic balance to trade an instrument by your skill. For example, I have an electronic store. When I started it, I was told, the profit margin was 40%. I needed only capital 50k USD. The truth was, the profit margin was less then 10%, the initial capital was 120k USD. I might be stupid or I was lied. Whatever happened, I have to continue alone, looking to the best way to run my business. Until now, after 10+ years, I have done many strategies to run the business, I can only manage profit margin around 20%.

The same things happen in trading, many rumors and information, sweet and sours. After you acquire the knowledge, the rest is left to you to do it. You will be staying in learning curves endlessly unsatisfied. Even you learn from master of ICT, SMC, CRT, LIT, PA and many world class mentor, all of them are just selling craps. The real trading situation is 180 degrees different. In real world, none can be trusted except your own experiences. So all mentors are just like Mr Crabs in Sponge Bobs who is selling crappie patties

Your next step is do trading in demo or cent account. Have the real experience, by hook or by crook you have to monitor it with all of your life. There is no second chance, only keep doing it and get better and better. You have to work hard, and you are the one who will get rewarded. When you are wrong, you will have the punishment.

None will help you, including me. I can always give you real guidelines. But you have to experience all of them with your principle nature. You can’t mimic me, as my current condition is so different with you. I was like you before, so I can imagine and show few directions that you can choose, and you will always have a choice to step-back from all of them.

Wow this is very very honest and very eye opening. Haha past 6 months of trading I’ve learnt so much in terms of life lessons and knowledge it’s incredible. Thank you for being honest to me and giving me the tough reality :smiley:. Thank you for your guidance it really means a lot to me.

Thank you

@TYGMedia

Hi @tomo22, No worries, you can always ask me for opinions.

Since I’m not selling crappie patties here, I love to answer things I know and enjoy interactions here. I trade my knowledge and experience with fun :grin:

Hi @TYGMedia

Not sure what went wrong here. I identified an area of liquidity and then proceeded to note Sellers stoploss I set up my OTE and set my stoploss at previous sellers stoploss and then set my take profit at buyers SL
I thought it was gonna be a good trade since I had some good confirmation but it reversed and went to upside.

Hi @tomo22, this is the proof that most of trading knowledge can’t be applied in live trading. But you can use it for analyzing.

Trading needs different skill, which can be earned by performing live trading.

As you can see EURUSD M15 is obviously moving down. According to M4, it’s getting close to a good SnR. SMC we call it POI. Base on this information, we know, there is something around this price level.

In M15, we can see the market structure. There was BOS duriing a cowboy whip :cowboy_hat_face:
The CHoC is still far away. Current range is good for shorting market.

In M15 we could see where FVG is located, We needed inducement to trick others to jump in.

What real trader will do: we can do long on the way market to form inducement.
Standby near inducement, around POI. We wait for liquidity sweep then short after that.

Liquidity wont tell you where the price will be going. So to have profit with the strategy, you need courage to re-open a position after a loss. When you hit a loss again, most beginner will feel nausea. But when the same signal is showing again, you have to join the event again. Loss after loss … most of us must have chickened out :grin:, so final thing is you need to use money management.

You have to design a good money management, what to do to be still profitable even with so many losses. You also need to manage trading volume, target and stop loss to manage your risk.

So, every trading strategy is faulty. We need to complement our strategy with other elements to have a profitable experience. :thinking: